Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

2011 Ultra Limited must go!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

You should check into having a dealer sell it on consignment. My buddy did that with his 2003 FLHTCUI. Had to pay 10%, but it sold for much more than he ever would have got privately.So it was a win-win. People are getting cabin fever and starting to hit the dealers.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron750
You should check into having a dealer sell it on consignment. My buddy did that with his 2003 FLHTCUI. Had to pay 10%, but it sold for much more than he ever would have got privately.So it was a win-win. People are getting cabin fever and starting to hit the dealers.
Good point. This bike is seriously clean too, so anyone looking for used would jump on it probably. I'm going to talk to my dealer when I take my 2014 in for leaking Thermostat,etc.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Bump. It's spring and this bike is ready to go!

Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Bump, I added recent pics and installed a new battery. Someone make an offer! 15k service performed, so ready to ride all year.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Bump for lowering the price to $17,500.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

You're getting there! Just be done with it and take it to $17K! Put it on Craigs List, your local paper and the Interweb for awhile and see whats up.

That's good you don't have or need to sell it, but free up that $$...Regardless what the most corrupt Administration in the history of this nation says, we are NOT out of a recession and the economy IS NOT good! The longer it sits around the more $$ it loses. I lost $1600.00 a year on my last bike when I sold it, that didn't include accessories, $$$$$. Remember, I bought an identical bike as yours last December, for $17K and I felt that to be realistic for a preowned bike with 5K miles on the clock.. Just sayin.. But good luck and in time it will sell.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Problem is if i price at 17k, iget offers for less. I would sell it for 17k, but not a penney less.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:06 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Boltsfaninmo
Problem is if i price at 17k, iget offers for less. I would sell it for 17k, but not a penney less.
With all due respect; the value is based on what buyers will pay, generally not what a seller sets as the price. The seller does of course have the option not to sell.

IMO; advertise the bike at $17,000. The worst you can do is reject a offer. The dealers are loaded with pre 14 touring bikes, you are competing with them. Good luck

Old 05-13-2014, 04:49 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boltsfaninmo
Then what are you waiting for?????

Tell people your price is firm, at least for now to see how it goes. Also tell them if they can find a cleaner bike maintained the way yours is, to hurry and go buy it! I've told people that and sold the bike/car!!! But at 17, I believe you will sell it! I know you want to squeak out as much Denaro as possible, but you're also letting $500.00 bucks stand in the way of that sale..

Originally Posted by scottt
With all due respect; the value is based on what buyers will pay, generally not what a seller sets as the price. The seller does of course have the option not to sell.

IMO; advertise the bike at $17,000. The worst you can do is reject a offer. The dealers are loaded with pre 14 touring bikes, you are competing with them. Good luck
Agree! The bike market is absolutely flooded right now, even HD has switched up models and lowered prices! Just depends on how long you are willing to sit on it.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by scottt

I get. I sold over 20 vehicles myself. Dealer really is no competiton. My bike nicer and i am priced thousands less.

Quick Reply: 2011 Ultra Limited must go!!!