Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Need some serious input

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Xscout577
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some serious input

Hi all,
I need some serious input / advice. I'm trying to sell my WideGlide but I'm wondering if I've overpriced it.

Can you guys & gals look at my ebay posting & let me know what you think? (I've also put adds on Cycle Trade, Craigslist & the local sites).

Have I overpriced it? If I have, what would be a fair price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...orcev4exp=true

Any & all help would be really appreciated!

Old 10-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Price looks right to me, and KBB indicates your price is on target.

Sammi

Old 10-15-2012, 04:05 PM
whitewolf001
Tourer

Yeah man, if I were in the market for a used bike I'd hit ya up man, seems legit to me.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a nice bike for the price. How long has it been up for sale? Unfortunatley for many...the riding season is closing in and prices will drop. I think your best chance of selling will be local...Park it in front of the harley dealer one weekend. lol Have them give you a buy bid on it just out of curiosity.

If your in a hurry, drop it to $5995. it will be gone...

Good luck, be patient

Old 10-15-2012, 05:15 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,756 Likes on 463 Posts

Yeah, it's over priced, that's why it hasn't sold. Everything is over priced, if it hasn't sold.
Now, you gotta ask yourself, how long do you want to have it for sale, vs. how long do you want it sold. Price accordingly.
It's old, very few banks will loan on it, very few people buy old bikes and pay cash, so that's the jam you're in. Nobody else wants to say it, but I will, drop the price 'till it sells. Or, keep it and enjoy it.
And remember, it only takes 1 buyer, you just gotta find that buyer. Nobody knows the bike like you do, and few bikes are worth as much to a new owner as they are to a current owner.
Not to mention, most people think a Harley is only good for about 20,000 miles, so your miles will scare more than a few people. I've got 60,000 miles on my 2003, I couldn't give it away and it's had $2,500.00 in engine work recently, but that's only worth $2,500.00 TO ME !!!
Sorry if I come across negative, but I know what I'm talking about, I've dealt with the public for many many years.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Doublerunner
Cruiser

You're not asking an outrageous price but it is a buyer's market. There's a ton of bikes out there and I just don't see many people who would pay $6K for a 16 year old bike.

Trade in value is about $4,900. I'd price it at about $5,400 and if it don't sell then trade it in or sell it to a re-seller

Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

drop to 5800, it might get some action that way.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Xscout577
Novice

Thanks all ... including you too, 1badbagger. LOL Seriously, you didnt sound harsh at all, bagger. You spoke the truth & that's what I was asking for in the first place.
Truth of the matter is, I'm not in a rush to sell it at all. It's a great bike that has carried me a many a mile ... I'm just wanting to go bigger with baggage room. I may drop the price down to $5995 & see if I get any bites. I think I'll get the most $$ by selling her outright versus trade-in at a dealership (Ray Price in Raleigh, NC), but it's an option.
Whoever ends up with her is going to be a very happy person. Not saying, she's a cherry, but she's definitely a good ride.

Thanks again for all the good info. It's definitely appreciated.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:59 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,756 Likes on 463 Posts

Xscout.....
I'm right beside you in Smithfield, I know a few people from Benson.
You will DEFINITELY get more selling out right. Ray Price can "fudge" the #'s and possibly make you THINK you're getting more trading in, but there's no way on Gods green earth that will ever happen. Dealerships don't even want bikes that old.
Sharp bike, keep it 'till spring, price accordingly.
Or, there's an EXCELLENT chance you can find some guy with a newer bike that fits your bill that is in a $$$ jam and he will take your bike and some cash for his bike.
Give that a shot too !
I hope you get the bike you want,.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

I like your Ebay ad. "fast, loud, & chrome". What else do you need? LOL. Good luck

Quick Reply: Need some serious input