Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

2010 Fat Boy vivid black w/lots of chrome 3825 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:48 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Fat Boy vivid black w/lots of chrome 3825 miles

Selling my 2010 Fat Boy. This has been a sweet bike and only has 3,825 miles on it as of today. I am moving on to a Street Glide, which is the only reason for selling it. Actually I really want to keep and have both but there’s just not enough room in my garage. This has been my baby for the last 21 months. It’s never spent a night outdoors and it’s always had a sheet over it in the garage unless I’m polishing it. It’s never been in a drizzle much less any rain, you can tell that by looking underneath.

Factory chrome wheels
Stage 1 S/E AC
V&H double barrel Q-series exhaust
Power Vision tuner with handlebar mount
Deluxe auxiliary passing light kit w/visor style lamp rings
Smoked turn signals
Quick detach nostalgic windshield
4” pull back risers w/poly urethane bushings
Fat Boy Lo seat w/pass pillion (also have stock seats)
Quick detach rear docking hardware and sissy bar/back pad/luggage rack
Boss Bags #37 Springer style leather bags
Boss Bags Deluxe matching fender bib
Boss Bags Deluxe matching tank bib
Boss Bags Deluxe matching handlebar bag
HD mustache engine guard with pegs
Alloy Arts rear LED strut turn signals
Biketronics smart turn signal module
All pegs and floorboards are HD chrome and rubber style
Kury Iso grips
Chrome master cyl., switch housings, button & switch covers, levers
Magnum Sterling Chromite II throttle, clutch cable and brake line
Chrome lay back license plate
Chrome teardrop tool box
Chrome axle covers front and rear
Chrome regulator cover
Lots of other small chrome fasteners and covers
Softail manual
Title is clear and clean
I have all of the original equipment that came off the bike, every nut and bolt, complete factory exhaust, A/c….everything

Boss Bags has this bike pictured with their Springer #37 bags on their website: http://www.bossbags.com/images/FB2.jpg The pictures were prior to some of the work done like chrome controls.

I purchased this bike new from Westminster Harley Davidson in September of 2010. It is a 50 state legal for California bike. It has 3 months left on the original factory warranty. It had the service done at 1K and switched over to synthetic. There are no scratches or dings, it’s in pristine condition. This bike gets lots of looks. Take a look at my album for more pics: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...cwtr-pics.html

I am asking $15,000
I am not much of a negotiator and I don’t often sale things. I believe this is an honest-fair price, according to NADA and KBB. NADA has the bike listed at 15,950 for bone stock and that’s for an average resale. This bike is above average for a 2 year old bike, especially with just 3825 miles on it. Not to mention the add-ons. There is $1600 alone worth of Boss Bags leather. Here is the NADA link: http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle...dard-Equipment

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by 1hellbent; 06-04-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:41 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Any input on this price?

Old 05-31-2012, 04:52 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Lowering price to $15,500

Old 05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
ACEFJ
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1hellbent
Any input on this price?
This is just my personal opinion but apparently there are many here that don't agree. Every other wheeled vehicle selling by a personal party NEVER sells for retail. That number "average retail" is used by a dealership, who has incurred the cost to make the bike safe, has it inspected to ensure everything works and can provide a warranty for the item they are selling. Secondly, any add ons with any other vehicle normally does not raise the value but actually lowers the value. Now after saying all of that people on here believe that Harley's are immune to this. Personally I would take it to the local Harley dealership and ask them what they would offer you cash price so you can see what the bottom dollar really is on your bike, then see if the dealer has something similar and see what their price is. If they have a similar bike at the same price then you are competing with the dealership and the only way you can win is to lower your price because the dealer can kick in a warranty, add in a gift card or lower their price. Hope this helps.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 PM
mountnfolk
Cruiser

I'm guessing mid $13K to $14K. Market is flat and in the end, the extras are nice, but don't do much for value. Good Luck! Also, you are waaaayyy better off selling elsewhere. Put it on craigslist with some pretty pics.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:43 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ACEFJ
This is just my personal opinion but apparently there are many here that don't agree. Every other wheeled vehicle selling by a personal party NEVER sells for retail. That number "average retail" is used by a dealership, who has incurred the cost to make the bike safe, has it inspected to ensure everything works and can provide a warranty for the item they are selling. Secondly, any add ons with any other vehicle normally does not raise the value but actually lowers the value. Now after saying all of that people on here believe that Harley's are immune to this. Personally I would take it to the local Harley dealership and ask them what they would offer you cash price so you can see what the bottom dollar really is on your bike, then see if the dealer has something similar and see what their price is. If they have a similar bike at the same price then you are competing with the dealership and the only way you can win is to lower your price because the dealer can kick in a warranty, add in a gift card or lower their price. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your opinion! Actually I did take it to the dealer and I may still take them up on their offer. They offered two options:

1) I would take all pricey upgrades off and sell them separate and then they would give 13k for the bike, which is a little higher than they would normally but since it's extra clean and only has a little over 3800 on it and it is still under factory warranty. They would end up selling it for around the 15.5 - 16k mark.

2) They would consign it for NADA's retail for a 10% fee. Normally they get 15% but they are selling me the SG so they are willing to cut their consignment fee. The more upgrades I leave on it, the quicker it will sell. They seemed to think that it will sell real quick.

There's no question that a dealer will have way more exposure and wherewithal to sell it than I. They can offer financing and I cannot. Where my efforts here may have some appeal, would be if there were a person that just happened to be in the market for my specific set up and really liked the add ons that I have done to it and were ready to buy. But I understand that is a long shot here.

I figured that I would run the add here for a while and see what comes of it. Thanks again for your input!

Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mountnfolk
I'm guessing mid $13K to $14K. Market is flat and in the end, the extras are nice, but don't do much for value. Good Luck! Also, you are waaaayyy better off selling elsewhere. Put it on craigslist with some pretty pics.
Thank you for the reply. I won't bother trying to sell it anywhere else, I'm not a salesman, it's really not my thing and I'm not very good at it. If it does not sell here, I will do one of the dealer gigs that I described in the above post. I'm not trying to get top dollar and frankly, I don't need to. I just want a fair price is all. I really want to keep it and I would but I just haven't the room for two of them.

Thanks for your reply!

Old 06-01-2012, 06:38 PM
ACEFJ
Advanced

Originally Posted by 1hellbent
Thank you for your opinion! Actually I did take it to the dealer and I may still take them up on their offer. They offered two options:

1) I would take all pricey upgrades off and sell them separate and then they would give 13k for the bike, which is a little higher than they would normally but since it's extra clean and only has a little over 3800 on it and it is still under factory warranty. They would end up selling it for around the 15.5 - 16k mark.

2) They would consign it for NADA's retail for a 10% fee. Normally they get 15% but they are selling me the SG so they are willing to cut their consignment fee. The more upgrades I leave on it, the quicker it will sell. They seemed to think that it will sell real quick.

There's no question that a dealer will have way more exposure and wherewithal to sell it than I. They can offer financing and I cannot. Where my efforts here may have some appeal, would be if there were a person that just happened to be in the market for my specific set up and really liked the add ons that I have done to it and were ready to buy. But I understand that is a long shot here.

I figured that I would run the add here for a while and see what comes of it. Thanks again for your input!
Hey really glad I could help. I'd be seriously interested but we moved to Pittsburgh six months ago and the woman has this crazy idea of how a house is more important than a bike. I think I need to take her to a DR and get her checked out.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:12 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

She obviously has her priorities out of sync! But waddaya gonna due!

Thanks for the reply!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 PM
1hellbent
Road Captain

Lowering to 15K. If no takers then she's going to the dealer.

Quick Reply: 2010 Fat Boy vivid black w/lots of chrome 3825 miles