Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Trade For an Evo

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011 | 03:26 PM
crowe
|
Novice
Default Trade For an Evo

Harley Shovel Custom
Has a Santee frame
80" S&S Shovelhead engine with just over 3500 miles
Lots of chrome on this bike primary and derby covers, hand controls, front end, headlight and tail light trim rings, horn and battery covers and much more that i cant even remember right now
Motor and transmission rebuilt less than 1,000 miles ago
S7S Cam bored SS super E carburetor
Harley Davidson emblems all over and tons of original Harley FLH and Super Glide parts
Electric start and also a kick start that works
New Dunlap Harley tires on it
new clutch
saddlebags on both sides
Very strong and quick

Looking for a Dyna or Softail Evo powered mostly stock is fine

Ill get some more pics outside tomorrow when i go for ride. Bike is smooth and powerful I just want something different.

Last edited by crowe; 11-23-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2011 | 06:15 AM
crowe
|
Novice

more pics. Really wanting a big twin evo but may look at sportster as well but must be 1200. This is a great bike and real looker and performer. With the cam it sounds amazing and you can visibly see the front wheel shake at idle tons of torque on this one.

Old 11-23-2011 | 06:18 AM
crowe
|
Novice
Old 11-27-2011 | 06:46 PM
hacksawsgarage
Cruiser
Default Hot Rod? is that you?

i dont know how many guys i know in Te. with shovelheads, named Crowe!

what is that bike titled as?

Old 11-28-2011 | 06:52 PM
SGT89EVO
Advanced

MAn that look real nice

Old 11-29-2011 | 03:57 PM
crowe
|
Novice

Originally Posted by hacksawsgarage
i dont know how many guys i know in Te. with shovelheads, named Crowe!

what is that bike titled as?
lol well im the only one i know of? and it is titled as a 1995 santee due to the frame as i was told by the shop who built bike out of knoxville area. It has the 96" s&s sidewinder kit and everything but the frame is oem harley. bike rides smooth i just bought some progressive 11" springs and a solo seat as well as about to go thru trans and update with kevlar and maybe a 5 in a 4 setup.. have to see how money ends up of course... Id say ill just keep the bike starting to get alot tied up in it and beginning to really like how its shaping up. thanks

Old 12-04-2011 | 08:19 AM
crowe
|
Novice

hey guys i was starting to strip some stuff off to fit my style and also put lowerig springs on. I found the swing arm is chrome.. was wondering if all fx shovels built this way or was that added? I figure add on but was curious... Actually looks good

Old 12-05-2011 | 02:39 PM
hacksawsgarage
Cruiser

no david, no shovel swingarms came stock chrome. yours actually is the first i ever saw on a dresser. it was a very popular mod for ironhead sportsters back in the day. and it would seem superglides.
chrome exchange used to be a big thing at chopper shops. you could also buy them aftermarket.

what i am looking for , and they are rare since they were pricey to start with, arlen ness dual rail swingarms. very rare to find. i think they were offered by drag specialties 30 or so years ago. mostly used for the digger look. but i want one. which of course has nothing to do with your question. sorry!

Old 12-16-2011 | 08:44 AM
crowe
|
Novice

I have decided to just sell the shovel with other projects going on. I know its out of season so Im just gonna throw a price and you all can make offers if nearby. So how about $4200 obo? You can have a nice dresser for the price of a sporty. Seems fair but if not make an offer. pics dont do bike justice.

Can be reached on here or if serious 42three-27seven-29nine0

Old 12-16-2011 | 10:27 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Man if I wasn't so cash strapped I'd be all over that bike. If you decide to put it on ebay and take paypal please let me know. I have the "Bill me later" and could do it that way (it's like a credit line). I get to Nashville often in my job and have people that could store it for me until I could get it home.

Last edited by IronAss; 12-16-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Trade For an Evo