Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

"One of a Kind" 2004 Road King...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Retired_Colonel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Withdrawn from sale**"One of a Kind" 2004 Road King...

**Withdrawn from sale** The boss says if I want any more money to spend on my 1951 Ford F1 project, I must sell one of my toys. So here is one of my favorites…it started life as a 2004 Road King Classic FLHRCI. I am the original owner w/clear title in hand. Note in pics below a ‘Before’ shot with my brother at the helm, and my 105 year old grandmother on board…this photo actually ran in American Iron magazine under the heading “older than The Company!”. By the way, that is the only time there has been a passenger even sit on this bike. Back on point here: this bike is truly a “one of a kind” Road King. I am a 64 year old rider who never rode this bike hard; it has 29,780 easy miles on it…never seen foul weather, and always kept covered in a climate controlled garage. My wife rides her own bike, and we simply cruise the quiet back roads of NE Oregon. Never raced...never seen the redline..I’m too old for that stuff. Only the two tires & kickstand have ever touched the ground. I have invested a lot of time, money, and pride in this bike…it is still one of the smoothest running and best handling Road Kings you could ever ride. There has never been any mechanical failure nor fluid leak…ever!! Serviced every 2500 miles with Amsoil synthetic products. Please look at the very long list of upgrades/customizations:
  • “The Diplomat” Limited Edition (45/100) 100th Anniversary paint set/hard bags & H-D ’Nostalgic’ bag guards.
  • Dealer built 95” Motor w/Screamin’ Eagle Heads, Pistons, SE211 Cams making 89Hp & 101 ft lbs of torque. I have the Dyno printout for the buyer.
  • SERT Race Tuner
  • Cruise control with brand new module…didn’t need one but I made the wrong diagnosis when it quit..turned out to be a cable instead…so that’s new too!!!
  • Chrome front end with the new Progressive MonoTube suspension.
  • Progressive 440 shocks at rear.
  • Bagger Brace added for good measure.
  • Hawg Halter 6 piston front calipers/4 piston rear
  • H-D Roadstar wheel up front & and FLHRSEI2 CVO solid wheel in rear
  • H-D Roadstar floating rotors front & rear.
  • Jagg low mount 10-row oil cooler
  • Haden M6 primary chain tensioner
  • K&N air filter
  • V&H True Duals with H-D Screamin’ Eagle mufflers
  • Low profile lightly smoked windshield with Classic leather bag
  • EZ Brake & Shift levers.
  • Kuryakyn Panacea brake light/turn signals.
  • Kuryakyn grips
  • Kuryakyn chrome tank console.
  • Braided cables & brake lines
  • H-D ‘Live to Ride’ mirrors & engine access covers.
  • H-D Highway pegs and adjustable mounts.
  • H-D Custom driver and passenger ‘Nostalgic’ collection floorboards
  • ‘Road King’ script shift linkage and whole lot of other chrome pieces too numerous to list. See what else you can find in the picturesJ
As an old retired Army Colonel, I really want to protect my reputation as an honest guy. I do not sell junk. This bike is all I have said and more….nearly $30,000 invested. Asking $12,900. There are lots of nice Road Kings on the road…this is one of the finest. Buyer will need to pay for and arrange bike shipping if necessary…I am home every day, and will be happy to help your shipper load the bike.
Please feel free to ask any questions necessary.

Below is the 'Before' shot with my brother at the helm and our 105 year old grandmother aboard. This pic actually ran in American Iron magazine under the theme of "Older than The Company!".

Here come the 'After' shots....

Last edited by Retired_Colonel; 08-29-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Withdrawn from sale...
Old 08-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Retired_Colonel
Tourer

Place bike on eBay at 'Buy It Now' of $12,900. If it doesn't sell, I will pull off the market...this bike is just too nice to go even that low..I will keep and ride it myself.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
swaite
Road Captain

That's a nice RK, my father has a cvo dyna with paint set just like that, it's sharp in person. Glws
Steve

Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice bike. I have a soft spot for the 04s.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 AM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! I really wish you didn't live in Oregon Shipping to Ohio would be crazy, I'm afraid.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Retired_Colonel
Tourer

Originally Posted by fenderzig
Wow! I really wish you didn't live in Oregon Shipping to Ohio would be crazy, I'm afraid.
Shipping can be expensive...probably in area of $700, dependent upon whom you select. On my eBay listing, you can get a shipping quote if you were interested.
Saw your Fender logo avatar. I own a 1988 40th Anniversary Tele in natural finish. Love it. Steve.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Retired_Colonel
Tourer

Originally Posted by swaite
That's a nice RK, my father has a cvo dyna with paint set just like that, it's sharp in person. Glws
Steve

Thanks!! Yes, pictures really cannot do this paint justice...it is perfect also...no dings, scratches, dents, etc.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Retired_Colonel
Tourer

Still a great bike at a great price!!