Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

2011 FXDC with harley 103 kit plus other extras has to go

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 AM
doer
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,712 Likes on 2,746 Posts

Tell your dad to upgrade your mom with the "nice kit" with higher tolerances and reliability.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:39 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

'fastjoe' just sold his Wide Glide ... is in the market for another bike ....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ml#post8013416

... I gotta say ... no disrespect, but your mother is way out of line ....

Old 03-07-2011, 11:58 AM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rdondes
Is your mother upset over your father wanting to ride? or because he spent $19,000 of their money on the bike? In most states, whether the money is earned by dad or mom, or whether it's in a joint or non-joint bank account, it belongs to BOTH of them. If she is pissed off because of him spending $19,000 without asking her, I can understand that. If she is pissed off because he wants to ride, she needs to get over it.

She was pissed he didnt tell her about it or involve her in it. And that he just sprung it on her at my house yesterday morning. She is also concerned about his safety. She was angry that she was the last to know and she said she feels like an ***. I went with him to get it, my wife knew and my sister knew. So she thinks we got the last laugh. And its the money also. But he spent so much on her over the years and her business i think he owes it to himself to get something he has wanted for years.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:03 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your moms right on this! Your dad hasn't ridden in 43yrs yet he felt the need to not only buy a brand new bike, but dump almost $5000 into it without even taking it for a ride first? And then not tell her he bought it until almost a week later? If I was your mom I would be pissed too! Kiss all that money goodbye cause a 2011 fxdc OTD is only about $14k!

Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by cycler
We work together, shoot together, ski together, and I was hoping we could ride together. Im 36 and have been riding since I was 18 (kept my first bike hidden from them for 2 years). None of his friends shoot so he shoots with me. 1 or 2 of his friends and 1 of my friends really ski so we ski together. And the only friends I have that ride are the guys in my bike club and they are all my dads age pretty much LOL. None of his friends will ever ride. So I wanted us to ride together also. I have a 2010 Street Glide thats in the shop getting a stage iv 103 kits, yaffe bars and tank, jm speaker and jm amp, wimmer air cleaner, kenwood radio, sirius radio inside the batwing and a few other odds and ends. So I love the fact that he bought a harley. Its another thing we can do together. I would have loved for him to ask my opinion on modding his bike. The old man is my best friend.
A mother (or other family member) should never interfere with a bond like this! In today's world, a family bond this strong is hard to come by. You and your father need to sit down with your mother and try to reason with her (ex: he'll always wear a helmet, take a rider's edge course, etc....). Like someone else said, take your time selling it so that during that time, you guys can reason with her. Good luck and Godspeed!

Old 03-07-2011, 12:09 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can honestly say my wife would be packing her bags if she ever tried treating me like that. But then again, we do keep separate check books and savings accounts, keeps the peace when I feel the urge to go out and buy something new....

Old 03-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by red devil
I think your moms right on this! Your dad hasn't ridden in 43yrs yet he felt the need to not only buy a brand new bike, but dump almost $5000 into it without even taking it for a ride first? And then not tell her he bought it until almost a week later? If I was your mom I would be pissed too! Kiss all that money goodbye cause a 2011 fxdc OTD is only about $14k!
That's a fact! I bought a 2011 SG Custom, with the security option and the smooth chrome spoked option for $14,200 OTD...and yes, that included tax, title, and all the other b.s. they add on.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:23 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

How would you feel if he got a divorce haha .....jk

sorry to see that happen tho....

Old 03-07-2011, 01:03 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Street Bob
A mother (or other family member) should never interfere with a bond like this! In today's world, a family bond this strong is hard to come by. You and your father need to sit down with your mother and try to reason with her (ex: he'll always wear a helmet, take a rider's edge course, etc....). Like someone else said, take your time selling it so that during that time, you guys can reason with her. Good luck and Godspeed!
^ Good comments. It is not like you has never ridden before and I am sure a refresher MSF course would be good.

Did you not also mention that he dumped a lot of money into HER business? I am sure there was some sacrifice on his part for her. Maybe it is time for her to quit being selfish. So she is the last to know...get over it and grow up.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:14 PM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

He already signed up for a MSF course. And he dumped about $85,000 into her business when it wasnt doing well. So yes he sacraficed a lot as well. Lets see what happens. But as far as I can see its a dead end. She was pissed when she found out about my bike 16 years ago and she is even more pissed that he wants to ride.

Quick Reply: 2011 FXDC with harley 103 kit plus other extras has to go