Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

2005 Custom Road King

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 PM
ironspirit_3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Custom Road King

Beautiful Black Road King for sale. 805.630.8793 Over $30,000 invested Sell for $14,500
101HP / 104TQ - 95” Dave Mackie - Mega-Sphere™ Performance Head & Piston Work with 598 Mackie gear drive cams. Screaming Eagle 6 Speed Transmission, Rinehart True Duel Exhaust, Jagg Oil Cooler, Cruise Control, Security System, Garage Opener System, Hard Bags, Saddleman Gel Seat and much more. Check out the website. http://www.roadking.biz

Awesome 2005 Road King Classic

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to ride my Road King and truly enjoy it like I use to. It has taken me on some awesome journeys over the past 5 years. It has 27717 freeway and back road miles on it and is in PERFECT condition except for one small mark on the rear of the right hard saddlebag. It has never been laid down and very well taken care of. My wife tells me it’s my mistress because of the way I take care of it. Ahhh…. errr… well... yeah, I guess she’s right. Invested approximately $30, 000 and asking $14,550.

It has the following:
· 95” Dave Mackie - Mega-Sphere™ Performance Head & Piston Work
· 10.25 to 1 Compression – Front & Rear Compression Releases
· 101 HP - 104 TQ
· Gear Driven 598 Lift Dave Mackie Cams
· Screaming Eagle 6 Speed Transmission
· Rinehart True Duel Exhaust
· K&N Hi-Performance Air Cleaner & Classic H-D Cover
· Black & Chrome Engine
· Jagg Large Capacity Oil Cooler
· Chrome Front Forks & Axle Covers
· Remote Security System
· Cruise Control System
· Garage Door Opener System
· Saddleman Explorer Gel Seat – Major Comfort with Cool Look
· Hard Saddle Bags
· Removable Windshield with Bag for Long Trips & Winter Rides
· Removable Passenger Backrest with Skull Plate
· Removable Luggage Rack
· Tribal Flame & Skull Shift Rod
· Chrome Fat Handlebars with Internal Wires
· Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Chrome Levers
· Speedo with Integral Tachometer
· Classic Whitewall Tires
· Classic 1961 – 1962 tank Badge
· Lay Down License Plate Frame
· Dark Tail Light Lens
· Close set Rear Turn Signals with Dark Tinted Lens
· Front Turn Signals with Dark Tinted Lens
· “57 Chevy” Type Headlight, Passing Light and Turn Signal Trim

Below is text taken directly from the Dave Mackie website on the work performed on this Road King.

http://www.davemackie.com

For Twin-Cam 88" - 95" and 96" - 103" Engines

The Mega-Sphere™ is a 360° squish head and piston design from Dave Mackie Engineering (DME). The DME 20° piston is made using only the best premium forgings. It is a 20° full dome piston that is dished in the center. The piston dish and the shape of the head combine to form a near spherical combustion chamber at top dead center. The 360° squish band is created by machining the stock flat squish area of the head to an angle slightly greater than 20°. This forms a megaphone or wedge shaped squish area. This Mega-Sphere™ design forces the fuel/air mixture up into the sphere and toward the spark plug rather than forcing some mixture inward and the rest sideways or outward to the cylinder wall like a flat/parallel squish area does. The result is the most efficient combustion chamber for complete burning of the fuel/air mixture which means maximum power and economy. Frequently customers tell us that their fuel mileage is actually better than stock.

DME headwork has been ranked with the absolute best in the industry for decades. The process begins with CNC shaping of the ports to get the ultimate shape every time. Each port then receives either a high polish or atomization finish. A combination of multi-angle and radius valve job is then done on air float Sunnen equipment. Assembly is done with all premium parts and each head is vacuum tested.

Cylinder work at DME is done with state of the art air float boring, and automatic diamond honing equipment using current state of the art techniques. The cylinders, complete with gaskets, are torqued between specially designed torque plates to simulate engine operating conditions. This procedure allows the cylinders to take the set they will have when installed on the engine. They are given a multi-level cross hatch pattern that is best for the application and finished off with the latest plateau honing techniques as recommended by ring and piston manufacturers.

The final part of this potent DME package is a TC590 or TC598 cam set. These lifts are enough to extract the tremendous flow and velocity potential of the heads with little or no valve train noise. These cams will pull like a freight train from 2500 all the way past 6000 RPM. The result of this DME combination is a very powerful bike with the best overall blend of torque and horsepower available. Power is usually in the 100-120+ horsepower range with 105-120+ pounds of torque. The actual power you realize will depend on the total combination you put together. Carburetion/injection, ignition, exhaust system, and how well the bike is tuned will all have an effect on power output. DME offers other cam sets ranging from .510 to .630+ lift and we will be happy to work with you to select the best choice for your application.

****The package includes: complete headwork using all premium parts; boring and honing cylinders to 95 or 103 cubic inches; 20° dished dome pistons, wrist pins, clips, rings; and TC590, TC598 or another cam set as appropriate.

Attached Thumbnails 2005 Custom Road King-front-left-hd.jpg   2005 Custom Road King-near-san-marcos-hd.jpg   2005 Custom Road King-engine-and-badge-hd.jpg  

Last edited by ironspirit_3; 09-18-2010 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Added more Info