Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2001 FLHT in AR

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 FLHT in AR

Guys I would like to see if anyone with an EGS would be interested in doing some trading. My bike is an 2001 that started life as a Black Electra Glide Standard. In the last 3K it has been painted with House of Kolors Root Beer candy, Fatboy front fender, Mutazu color matched tour pack with HD rack and quick-detach brackets, painted inner fairing, Kuryaken rear fender tip with lay down plate bracket, narrow turn signal mount bar, oe wheels chromed, Metzer ME880 tires, polished rotors, engine and trans covers plated, floorboard brackets plated front and rear, chrome and rubber floorboard inserts, TWR Missing Link, Klockwerks windsheild, Street Glide seat and Rinehart True duals.
The bike already had the 95" bore kit with a Mikuni 42 carb and it has 16,500 miles on it. After changing color and plating everything I have a nagging urge to do a blacked out bike. So if anyone that has a Standard would like to trade up give me a PM. I would of course sell the bike outright and would take $14,500.00 for it.

http://s486.photobucket.com/albums/r...t/Bike%20Pics/

Old 01-13-2009, 11:06 AM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

How about some feedback. Am I too high on the price? Would I be better off removing what I could to transfer to another bike and lower the price? BTW I have thick skin.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:40 AM
cbrown3381
Advanced

This is just my opinion, but since you asked, I think that you’re probably too high. You’ve done some nice things to your bike, but I don’t think that you’ll get much for the mods. You made the bike your own, and that’s great, but that might not thrill anyone else. For example, I am sure that the paint job is great, and the bike looks good in the pics, but the color is just not my personal taste such that I’d get excited about it. While I’d be happy to ride it, I probably would not pay “extra” for it.

I know of a 2003 EGS with 9500 miles, stage 1, a few other options/mods, that sold for $10,500 back in October. At the time, I thought that it was a great deal, but that was before the “meltdown” and whatnot. Now, I’d say that it’s a pretty fair price but probably nothing special. It’s just not a good time to sell. I’ve been keeping my eye out for good deals on a dual sport or maybe even a sportbike, and I see ads on message boards all the time where sellers are complaining that they can’t get anyone to even look at their bikes; however, when I do call on a bike, sellers all want to get 2007 prices from their bikes. I understand the mentality; I’d do the same thing. It’s darn hard to look at your pride and joy and accept that it’s depreciated 30 or 40 percent in the last six months, but that’s the way things seem to be right now. Plus, we have HD dealers around here that are offering 15 percent off MSRP. It just kills the used market when they discount the new bikes that t far.

Good luck.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Solid Post without being a dick Mr.Brown.

Kudos!

Old 01-13-2009, 02:09 PM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

cbrown that is kinda what I thought and was the reason I would rather do some trading. Someone with a standard that wanted to upgrade could come out real well if you factor in the cost of all the plating. I also understand the color but can tell you pictures do it no justice, it has some graphics ghosted in that hardly show up in pictures up close. Not really a big deal as I don't need to sell it.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:12 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrown3381
This is just my opinion, but since you asked, I think that you’re probably too high. You’ve done some nice things to your bike, but I don’t think that you’ll get much for the mods. You made the bike your own, and that’s great, but that might not thrill anyone else. For example, I am sure that the paint job is great, and the bike looks good in the pics, but the color is just not my personal taste such that I’d get excited about it. While I’d be happy to ride it, I probably would not pay “extra” for it.

I know of a 2003 EGS with 9500 miles, stage 1, a few other options/mods, that sold for $10,500 back in October. At the time, I thought that it was a great deal, but that was before the “meltdown” and whatnot. Now, I’d say that it’s a pretty fair price but probably nothing special. It’s just not a good time to sell. I’ve been keeping my eye out for good deals on a dual sport or maybe even a sportbike, and I see ads on message boards all the time where sellers are complaining that they can’t get anyone to even look at their bikes; however, when I do call on a bike, sellers all want to get 2007 prices from their bikes. I understand the mentality; I’d do the same thing. It’s darn hard to look at your pride and joy and accept that it’s depreciated 30 or 40 percent in the last six months, but that’s the way things seem to be right now. Plus, we have HD dealers around here that are offering 15 percent off MSRP. It just kills the used market when they discount the new bikes that t far.

Good luck.
!5% off msrp on a 09 would be $3000 off a egc what dealers are giving 3k off?

Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 AM
cbrown3381
Advanced

I don't remember which dealer it was, but it was one of the dealers in Southern Michigan or Northern Ohio that sends out email newsletters. It was just before Christmas that they were advertising it. Dealers around here are hurting. Michigan economy + Michigan winter = no new bike sales. You might have to shop around a little, but dealers are willing to deal.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Chopper612
Stage I

I'm interested in the bike if the price is negotiable.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:27 PM
bubsstandard
Advanced

I have a 03 egs for sale due to health reasons. has 4500 in xtras .New tires, cruise, new boards,mirrors,grips,footpegs,07 tourpac with rack and spoiler,xtra pipes windshields. Fairing bra. Has 21,000 on it.