Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2001 FLHT Grocery Getter!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 02:44 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2001 FLHT CUSTOM Grocery Getter bagger!

I am looking to sell my custom to begin my next project, probably a full dresser (more luxury for my wife). Basically, it started as a 2001 FLHT (I am original owner) that I have built over the last few years to not look like "an old mans motorcycle"!

Motor:
17k miles on a Simons Performance 95" with Axtell 525 cams, HD roller lifters/rockers, adjustable pushrods, thunderheader 2-1 exhaust (w/false elft side), CV44 tuned by GMR, made 95hp/106tq on the last dyno I did. I had all the polish parts on the motor and trans powder coated to match the cases. It isn’t a perfect match, but it is very close. Also, I have Barnett clutches, SE spring and a TPI to give the trans positive shifting.

Visually:
Jess James front fender, Ness taildragger rear fender, Ness stretched bags with Nissan Maxima signal lights frenched into the back, stretched RK gas tank and custom dash, all of it painted House of Kolor candy cobalt blue and orange over Orion silver w/snake skin effects throughout (used a pair of nylon stockings stretched and sprayed over). I put chubby bars and all the handlebar controls were replaced with chrome/braided brake & clutch lines. Custom wheels by Weld (18” front/16” back). Ness bagger firing mount mirrors. I added a HD cd/radio with upgraded HD speakers. All the gauges were replaced with silver faced gauges.

Recently I added a Haulen-*** passenger pillion and pad. Also, I recently added an adjustable NOS system (very stealthy, see pics at my website). I also added bag liners.Even had it to the track (12.79 @102.5MPH on motor)

Issues:
Biggest issue I have now is that oil is seeping out of the front and rear head/jugs. I was told its probably blown head gaskets.
Paint has been done for 2 years, so there are a few chips on the bike, as well as a few around a couple of over tightened bolts.

Anyhow, I have went as far as I can with my bike, and I have some different ideas that would require me to change to many things on my current ride, so I think it may be easier to go this route… Bike is located in Southern MD. I may be able to haul it a portion of the distance if someone buys it.

Asking $22.5k OBO

Benji
Call or email
Cell-240-682-0096
lickmstickmman@yahoo.com

PICTURES CAN BE FOUND HERE:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2481045...7605788701016/

Last edited by lickmstickmman; 10-24-2008 at 10:45 AM.