Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2000 XL1200S for sale - Great Bike!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Stryke1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 XL1200S for sale - Great Bike!

2000 Sportster Sport XL1200S for sale. This Sport model from the factory has fully adjustable front and rear suspension, dual spark plugs per cylinder, higher compression, a little hotter cam and more torque. This bike is in excellent condition. There is nothing wrong with it either mechanically or cosmetically. My brother bought the bike new and I bought it from him in 2002. It has just over 17,000 miles. The color is a deep red (I’m not sure what the official name of the color is) and the tank has what I think are the best Sportster graphics ever. The engine is strong and the bike looks, runs and sounds great. There are absolutely no oil leaks. I regularly average 60 MPG. (I know, hard to believe, but TRUE!) I have over $3,000 of accessories in the bike. They include:

- Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust that I had black ceramic coated. This pipe gives the greatest horsepower boost and sounds fantastic.
- Color matched sport fairing (quick release) with a Laminar Lip wind screen added (removable).
- Color matched lower spoiler
- Windshield (quick release)
- Passenger back rest & luggage rack (quick release)
- Matching billet style hand grips, rider and passenger foot pegs, gear shift, highway pegs and front axel nut covers.
- Kuryakyn chrome aviation style flush mount gas cap
- Chrome fuel petcock cover
- Chrome carb cover
- Lay back license plate mount
- H-D tank bra
- T-Bag tail bag
- H-D bike cover (used once)
- Original parts, including flat black staggered dual exhaust

I also have a color matched 100th anniversary ½ helmet, size Medium, that you can have with the bike. (The helmet has a couple of nicks where I set it on the seat and it slid off.)
There are probably a few other odds and ends that I have forgotten. I also have many of the original parts, including the dual staggered flat black exhaust pipes that came with the bike. I put new tires (Dunlop K591’s) and rear brake pads on last year at about 13,500 miles. The only reason I am selling the bike is because I just bought a ’05 Road Glide and I need to make room. Kelly Blue Book Retail price is $5,850. I have added $645 for the $3,000 in accessories. (A little over 20% of their original price.)
The pictures really don't do the bike justice. You must see (and hear) it in person.
$6,495 OBO
414-259-3946 Tom

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...Windshield.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...g-LeftSide.jpg