Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic For Sale - 4070 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008 | 03:43 PM
huskers11
Road Master
Default RE: 2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic For Sale - 4070 Miles

Since you sold yours, will you please sell my 07 Road Glide for $23,000

Old 03-27-2008 | 06:49 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Wally
Here's the thing, I've got to be honest with you. The way I normally do it, I do a little research first then I try to find a price that I can live with and is fair to the buyer. If I had an item for sale like this Ultra, and I had numerous strong opinions telling me I was way high, I wouldn't get mad, I'd check it out to see if maybe what they were saying was true.

That said, this whole situation, with the price may very likely be a matter of someone that bought into the whole " Harley's hold thier value " myth and may in fact have gotten bad info and may be financed to the hilt. Only the seller knows.
Whatever it is, I don't have my undies in a wad, never did.
From the beginning it's only been me , just sayin'.
Wally, Im not going to disagree with anything you wrote. My point is not, nor ever has been, weather or not his price was high, or weather his selling methods were/are valid. YOU were at least civil in tone when making your comments. Some others, not so much. Those not content with the first couple (civil) comments, who felt that they needed to dogpile on him. Nice, really nice. Pack mentality and HD "brotherhood" at its finest.

My point, is that NONE of you know the circumstances nor motivations behind his price. He stated flat out (twice) that he was not in a hurry to sell the bike. Having stated that, what is the harm in putting it out there with a high price, perhaps hoping that:

1. Someone uninformed enough will buy it.
2. Someone in an area where HD prices are sky high WILL think its a reasonable deal.
3. Someone with cash to burn and IMPATIENT enough (my buddys are leaving on a trip NEXT WEEK and I want to go with them) will buy it.
4. His intent all along was to post for a high price, but plan on allowing himself to be "talked down".
5. Someone who wanted that exact bike would pay his price for it.

Regarding #5, did it ever occur to all those saying "I can get an 08 for cheaper" that there JUST MIGHT be someone out there who wants a Black Pearl Ultra, but specifically wants a 96" motor and 6 speed, but does NOT want an 08? Maybe they don't like the fly by wire throttle, maybe they don't like the bigger gas tank, maybe they have $800 wrapped up in a Mustang or Corbin seat for their (current) 03', and don't want an 08 because they would have to buy that seat all over again. And IF that person is out there, and IF they cannot find a left over new 07 in their area, what do you think they are going to do?

Well guess what? If he finds that person, and they are impatient enough and want that specific bike badly enough, and cant find another one, (how many 07s are already up for sale?) they WILL buy his. And WILL pay his price. And since he's not in a hurry to sell, why NOT try?

I sold my first 03' classic for $2000 MORE than current market value. Want to know why? Because the guy DESPERATELY, RABIDLY wanted to buy a 100th Anniversary Classic in Gunmetal Blue. And he wanted it as close to stock as possible. Guess what? After 6 months of looking, he jumped on mine like stink on ****. I had set my reserve price at $1000 less than NADA value for that bike. He emailed me and BEGGED me to end the auction early, telling me how high he was willing to go if I would do so. Now, I guess by some of the logic being posted here, I should have refused to take the extra $2000, because HE was a "fool" for offering it. Im SURE all of you would have done that.

Yea, right.

Im not 100 percent certain, but Im pretty sure that had his bike NOT sold, he would have figured out all on his own (without everyones expert advice) that he needed to lower the price, without everyone jumping in and insulting him.

ORIGINAL: Wally
Since you're a bettin' man, I'll bet Ya lunch, that Harley's not sold.
Really? How much you wanna bet? Before you answer, you might want to take the time to realize, that he said the bik

Old 03-27-2008 | 07:11 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Scooter_092196

I agree with Wally. I'd bet lunch on that bike sitting in his garage still and will for a while at that price.
Again, did he say he sold it AT THAT PRICE, or did he say he SOLD it? Hmm, Ill take a nice ribeye steak please....

I guess I pisst off Ace with my nicely worded thread to point out where everyone who is bashing is coming from. If someone can't take some constructive critisism, get the hell out.
Pissed me off? Don't flatter yourself. Saddens me actually, that so many people without an iron in the fire feel the need to jump in and BASH. Your comment just answered your own (albeit unasked) question.

BASHING (first sentence) is not "constructive criticism" (second sentence) YOUR words, in YOUR order. Not mine. The point was made in the first reply to his ad. (which was civil) The rest of you just felt the need to show how "smart" you were by dog-piling on. Funny how on the internet, 9 times out of 10 the most venomous comments come from those not even really connected to, or affected by, the outcome of the situation in question.

I would take the information as a eye opener that if I really wanted to sell the bike, I would be wasting my time at that price. Oh - and by the way - it isn't Pewter silver, it's Brilliant Silver - shesh.
Pretty sure its HIS time to waste, not yours. Also pretty sure he listed a bike for sale. NOT made a post asking "is this a fair price"

But hey, enough already. Not my problem either. The whole thing just struck a raw nerve in me, as I have considered putting MY bike up for sale. Ill make sure to NOT list it on this forum, lest I insult a bunch of people who are not even looking to buy, by asking too much for it.

If you all want to continue to "educate" everyone trying to sell a bike, by all means have a party. Just remember, Karma's a BITCH! Might just be YOU trying to sell some day.

Peace.

Old 03-29-2008 | 09:17 AM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master

I see it all the time at dealers guys walk in off the street and buy bikes new and used for much more than if you shopped around..

Old 03-29-2008 | 09:33 AM
crash1292
Banned

gimmi the name of your drug dealer

Old 03-29-2008 | 11:46 AM
dmhosting
|
Advanced

Wow, i can't belive you guys are still going on about this... Ace hit the nail on the head. Maybe I need to buy him lunch with the money I made from selling my bike! LOL

And for what it's worth, I sold my bike for 23,500 - The guy talked me down some (again, Ace, you are right).

I figured I would have all this BS, but in the end, it was worth it. The guy picked up the bike this morning.

Old 03-29-2008 | 11:35 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

Still don't believe you.
Don't say you don't care, if you didn't care, you wouldn't have made your last post.
And without even one other person responding, I know I'm not alone buddy.

Old 03-31-2008 | 12:20 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

I'm on the Wally bus with this one.

Old 03-31-2008 | 03:19 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man

Moderator must be on vacation. I was threatened with banishment for saying something much more benign than what's going on in here.

Old 06-28-2008 | 12:23 PM
pipertl
Intermediate

hey Kern I like those wheels.&nbsp\\; What brand is that????&nbsp\\; If you don't mind me asking.&nbsp\\; I've got a glide looks similar but different.&nbsp\\; LOL....

Quick Reply: 2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic For Sale - 4070 Miles