Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic For Sale - 4070 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008 | 10:21 AM
60mike06FLHX
Road Master
Default RE: 2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic For Sale - 4070 Miles - SOLD

Hey pass the buyers name along, I have a bridge I would like to sell him. LOL

Thats one way to get us off your back, say you have a sale...

I would bet $24,550.00 you did not get $24,550.00 for it, no one is that dumb.

Old 03-26-2008 | 01:31 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: 2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic For Sale - 4070 Miles

ORIGINAL: dmhosting

DM - with a price like that, how can you not expect a little bashing. Not trying to be a ***** but posting a used 07 bike for 5000 more than cost of a new ride, is going to bring some bashing, no matter what you want to hear. If you can't take the heat, don't post a ridiculous price for a bike that can be had for much less (7-8000 less) elsewhere.
Wow.

How about this. Pewter silver SUCKS. Its got to be the UGLIEST color HD ever made. How can you expect to post a photo of that ugly POS and not get some bashing over it!?

BTW, Im being facetious. I LIKE pewter. Damn near bought the exact same bike.

Point being, if you don't want to buy the bike, you don't need to add ANYTHING to the thread. PERIOD.

Was his price high? In my opinion yes. Is it the job of the classified forums police to sit and bash the guy for it? In my opinion, NO. As for what he claimed he sold the bike for, again, not YOUR problem, or anyone else's but the two people involved. None of you know what bikes may be selling for in his area. Just because YOUR dealer will sell you a brand new one for XX.XX, does not mean in HIS part of the country you can find that price. In SLC UT, my dealer sells for MSRP. But when I went into Bob Dron HD in Oakland, I about died when I looked at the prices. Almost 5k OVER MSRP. Even down south in St George Utah, at Zion HD, the prices are several thousand higher for the same bike than what they are in Salt Lake. So when you all go off on "I can get brand new for less" remember that may apply for YOUR dealership. Not everybody's.

Old 03-26-2008 | 01:33 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Wally

What you're getting, like it or not , is good honest advice on the value of your bike.
Good luck.
Sadly, delivered with as much attitude and venom as could be mustered.

Old 03-27-2008 | 08:39 AM
lowriderfxr
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ww1flyingace

DM - with a price like that, how can you not expect a little bashing. Not trying to be a ***** but posting a used 07 bike for 5000 more than cost of a new ride, is going to bring some bashing, no matter what you want to hear. If you can't take the heat, don't post a ridiculous price for a bike that can be had for much less (7-8000 less)elsewhere.
Wow.

How about this. Pewter silver SUCKS. Its got to be the UGLIEST color HD ever made. How can you expect to post a photo of that ugly POS and not get some bashing over it!?

Point being, if you don't want to buy the bike, you don't need to add ANYTHING to the thread. PERIOD.

Was his price high? In my opinion yes. Is it the job of the classified forums police to sit and bash the guy for it? In my opinion, NO. As for what he claimed he sold the bike for, again, not YOUR problem, or anyone else's but the two people involved. None of you know what bikes may be selling for in his area. Just because YOUR dealer will sell you a brand new one for XX.XX, does not mean in HIS part of the country you can find that price. In SLC UT, my dealer sells for MSRP. But when I went into Bob Dron HD in Oakland, I about died when I looked at the prices. Almost 5k OVER MSRP. Even down south in St George Utah, at Zion HD, the prices are several thousand higher for the same bike than what they are in Salt Lake. So when you all go off on "I can get brand new for less" remember that may apply for YOUR dealership. Not everybody's.

Ace, you do make some good points, but when you can drive to any dealer you want and you can ship a bike anywhere in the country for 500.00, I think it would be foolish to overpay by thousands, and even more foolish to overpay by thousands for used.

Old 03-27-2008 | 09:51 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: lowriderfxr

Ace, you do make some good points, but when you can drive to any dealer you want and you can ship a bike anywhere in the country for 500.00, I think it would be foolish to overpay by thousands, and even more foolish to overpay by thousands for used.

Well, thats all fine and good. IF you are someone willing to drive around the country to get a good price (taking the time and money to do so) and IF you are willing to spend the money to have the bike shipped, AND wait for it to happen. How many people are?

But that aside, while I AGREE with you and others that to pay more for a used bike than for a new one WOULD be foolish, thats the BUYERS decision. The SELLER has every right to try and get as much money for the bike as possible, and does not need a dozen people, who have NO interest in the sale what so ever, BASHING him in public for trying to do so. Hell, I think its "foolish" to buy a 35k+ (factory custom) "chopper", Or a 33K SE Ultra that leaves the garage twice a year for toy runs, but do I need to bash the SELLERS of said bikes in public about it? There was a guy on here who recently bought an Anniversary Ultra, and proceeded to paint it BLACK, because thats what HE wanted. Seemed nuts to me, but thats HIS decision, made for HIS reasons, as I recall, because he did not want to wait for a Black ABS bike at his dealer.

Did any of the bashers take into account that is very likely his posted price was based on the fact that almost NO-ONE will pay the posted price for anything, and will almost ALWAYS try to "talk the price down", most likely be several thousand dollars? I have ALWAYS had to set a higher selling price than I would accept on any high dollar item, because it never fails that Billy Joe Bob has the incessant need to "work on me" to lower my price, even if my asking price is well below a fair value. I swear, you could list a 2 month old Ultra with 20 miles on it for $200, and at least ONE jackass would come along and try to talk you down to $150, cause "I NEVER pay asking price for anything" Its happened to me more times than I can count. Maybe he posted at 24K, figuring he would take 22k after he was "bartered down". Did anyone think of that before they hopped on the bashing bandwagon?

And again, for someone in Oakland CA., where I personally saw NEW Ultras selling for 28k (this WAS 2 years ago...I dunno about now) or in ST George Utah, where they are almost that high (last time I heard) paying 24k for a low mileage 07 bike with at least $1000 in extras (pipes and SERT) would be a savings of 5K. Does that not constitute a fair deal? Wanna knock of 2K cause its an 07? Ok, now your saving 3K. How is that bad? And thats IF they paid his full price. IF they talked him down a grand or two, even better.

IMHO, its really simple. If you don't want to buy the bike, stay the hell out of it. Its NONE of your business. If the price is too high, the seller will find out when no-one bites. If someone DOES bite at that price, more power to him.

Old 03-27-2008 | 11:46 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

Ace, you are doing an excellent job of Policing the Classified Police.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I stand by mine.

Old 03-27-2008 | 12:10 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanx, you just won me a free lunch. Wanted to bet $1000 that someone would chime in with that, but couldn't get any takers. Burger and fries was all I could get. Guess you are "policing" those "policing" the classifieds "police"?

Shall we keep going? How bout not.

Hope everyone involved will "appreciate" others opinions when its YOU getting slammed for trying to sell something of yours that you don't want to give away.

On another note, I have a few things I need to sell, can someone direct me to the "Sales price approval committee's" forum so I can make sure Im within my rights to list my items for the amount I choose? I surely don't want to get everyone's undies in a wad by asking too much.

Have a nice day.

Old 03-27-2008 | 12:16 PM
lowriderfxr
Tourer

I would have to say that 3500 or so above brand new retail is a bit beyond giving something away.

Beyond that I can't see where any harm is now being done since taking the poster at his word, this bike is already sold.

Old 03-27-2008 | 01:27 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

Thanx, you just won me a free lunch. Wanted to bet $1000 that someone would chime in with that, but couldn't get any takers. Burger and fries was all I could get. Guess you are "policing" those "policing" the classifieds "police"?

Shall we keep going? How bout not.

Hope everyone involved will "appreciate" others opinions when its YOU getting slammed for trying to sell something of yours that you don't want to give away.

On another note, I have a few things I need to sell, can someone direct me to the "Sales price approval committee's" forum so I can make sure Im within my rights to list my items for the amount I choose? I surely don't want to get everyone's undies in a wad by asking too much.

Have a nice day.
What do you have?
How much do you want? LOL

Here's the thing, I've got to be honest with you. The way I normally do it, I do a little research first then I try to find a price that I can live with and is fair to the buyer. If I had an item for sale like this Ultra, and I had numerous strong opinions telling me I was way high, I wouldn't get mad, I'd check it out to see if maybe what they were saying was true.
That said, this whole situation, with the price may very likely be a matter of someone that bought into the whole " Harley's hold thier value " myth and may in fact have gotten bad info and may be financed to the hilt. Only the seller knows.
Whatever it is, I don't have my undies in a wad, never did.
From the beginning it's only been me , just sayin'.
Since you're a bettin' man, I'll bet Ya lunch, that Harley's not sold.

Last edited by Wally; 11-21-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2008 | 02:40 PM
Scooter_092196
Tourer

DM - with a price like that, how can you not expect a little bashing. Not trying to be a ***** but posting a used 07 bike for 5000 more than cost of a new ride, is going to bring some bashing, no matter what you want to hear. If you can't take the heat, don't post a ridiculous price for a bike that can be had for much less (7-8000 less)elsewhere.
Wow.

I agree with Wally. I'd bet lunch on that bike sitting in his garage still and will for a while at that price. I guess I pisst off Ace with my nicely worded thread to point out where everyone who is bashing is coming from. If someone can't take some constructive critisism, get the hell out. I would take the information as a eye opener that if I really wanted to sell the bike, I would be wasting my time at that price. Oh - and by the way - it isn't Pewter silver, it's Brilliant Silver - shesh.

Quick Reply: 2007 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic For Sale - 4070 Miles