Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

1999 CUSTOM SPORTSTER - COVER MAY 2000 EASYRIDER MAG

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:55 PM
noacon
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1999 CUSTOM SPORTSTER - COVER MAY 2000 EASYRIDER MAG

1999 CUSTOM BIKE EASYRIDER MAGAZINE COVER BIKE MAY, 2000 ISSUE Formerly built for and owned by Tony Castriotta, guitarist with the David Bowie Rock Band Yes!! This is the real thing. This bike has the best of the best. (Check it out on the Cover of Easy-Rider’s May, 2000). The auction along with the Bike includes 3 copies of the uncirculated issues still in the plastic wrap. Lots of detail went into this bike not many make it to Easy-Rider and even fewer to the cover. This bike is a one of a kind and took 2 years to build with much care and detail. They set out to build a bike that Tony Castriotta could get on the cover of Easy Riders and they did it! Ten Grand just in the motor. The Jugs are hand built from Solid billet aluminum. The heads are milled out of Solid Aluminum. The Performance Heads are Ported, Polished and Blue Printed with Black Diamond valves. All this motor work was done by the famous NASCAR engine builder Nigel Patrick of Patrick Racing. This is a very fast bike and you better be hanging on when slamming the throttle. I purchased this bike at a Make-A-Wish auction in May 2004. I have enjoyed entering it in several bike shows and winning the Domestic Custom Class every time. The dealer that sold it at auction also won the 2002 Best of Show at the Custer State Park Bike Show, Sturgis 2002 and the Best of Class at the Easy Riders Bike event in Memphis, TN in 2002. Defiantly a clean, sharp head turner any place you ride. The bike has 6,312 miles on it. I personally put 3,000 plus miles on it myself. The bike is in great shape and looks even better. I have a copy of the original title that was given to me when I bought the bike that proves Tony Castriotta truly owned it and as a bonus you get a copy of his autograph. I am selling the bike to help fund other interests. But I still have my 95 Road King which I plan to keep. Bike Description: Fabrication: Custom Cycle Creation of La Costa, CA Year: Built in 1999 and Titled in 2000 by Tony Castriotta Model: Sportster Assembly: Custom Cycle Creation of La Costa, CA Chroming: Sanchez Engine: Year/Model: 1999 S&S Sport Builder: Patrick Racing Ignition: Crane Hi-4 Displacement: 88 Cubic inches Lower end: S&S Balancing: Patrick Racing Pistons: J&E 10.5:1 Cases: S&S Heads: H-D Cams: Andrews N-8 Carb: S&SG Lifters: JIMS Air Cleaner: S&S (Changed from a Velocity stack that will be sold with the bike and can be put on later if desired) Pipes: Porker 2-1/4” Transmission: Year: 1999 Shifting: Performance Machine 5 Speed Modifications: Back-cut gears Paint: Molding: Steve Baker, Hog Heaven Painter: Steve Baker Color/Type: Yellow Pearl by House of Color Frame: Year/Type: 1999 Rigid Builder: Atlas Modifications: 38-degree rake, 5-inch stretch, extended 1” in rear Accessories: Bars: MDR Controls: Performance Machine Fenders: Jesse James Headlight: Arlen Ness Taillight: Paul Yaffee Pegs: Performance Machine Foot Controls: Performance Machine Electrics: Custom Cycle Creation of La Costa, CA Gas Tank: D&D Oil Tank: Atlas Oil System: Zipper’s Primary Cover: H-D Seat: Sting Ray Skin Seat by Lars Rouland Mirrors: Aeromach Grips: Bourgets Forks: Type: Pro-One Modifications: 2 inches under Wheels: Front: Type: Performance Machine Size: 21-inch Tire: Metzeler Rim Width: 2.25-inch Brake: Performance Machine Rear: Type: Performance Machine Size: 17-inch Tire: 200 Metzeler Rim Width: 6.25-inch Brake: Performance Machine Comments: Pros: One of a kind awesome bike that was built & owned by real-time Famous people. Cover of Easy Riders Magazine May 2000. Eighty Eight cubic inches of fist-punching-through- your-chest-cavity power, HANG ON. Cons: Tank has 2 small paint imperfections. Ask for pics, Starting requires a fully charged battery with the proper touch. Not as hard as it sounds. Will show you how. The compression is massive. Seller's payment instructions: $1,000 deposit within 48 hours. All deposits are non-refundable. Price is 14,500.00 cash.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 AM
uktzero
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1999 CUSTOM SPORTSTER - COVER MAY 2000 EASYRIDER MAG

Not my cup of tea personally, but I just had to pop in here to say what a beautiful bike this is, and how nicely it looks like it was done ... I'm no expert on custom Harleys, but it sure does look like you spent a LOT of time making things perfect and exactly as you envisioned them – I do know a lot about engineering, and it’s obvious to me that this must have taken a lot of time and hard work

I'm sure the next owner will be getting endless looks and comments/questions about it … best of luck finding a buyer for this beautiful ride

Old 10-20-2007, 07:46 AM
balley
Elite HDF Member

Very Nice Ride

Old 10-20-2007, 09:13 AM
balley
Elite HDF Member

ttt