Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

2016 Street Glide Special, Denim Gray

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2021 | 12:38 PM
Rich B.
|
Tourer
Default 2016 Street Glide Special, Denim Gray

Has all the "Special" options including ABS, NAV, CRUISE, gloss black dash and extra cost Denim Gray Metallic paint, plus, $6k in dealership options and accessories. Not a scratch, chip, scuff, corrosion or blemish anywhere on this motorcycle. Full HD Warranty until April 2022! Fresh dealership service with brand new Michelin tires. One owner, never tipped over, all maintenance records, garaged & never in rain. 18k miles and still riding. No issues. Asking $17,500 as shown except for the seat which will be a brand new, low-profile, HD, Street Glide seat. Atlanta area.

Last edited by Rich B.; 03-30-2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2021 | 09:36 AM
Rich B.
|
Tourer

I've received inquiry's about some of the "extras", aside from the Extended Service Plan, I purchased from HD:

All lighting was converted to LED w/clear lens' installed. Includes hi/lo headlight functions, programmable brake flash pattern module and signature LED rings as DTR's (I believe these to be Custom Dynamics components).
Security system has the HD Smart Siren and paging feature added.
ClearView, recurve, tinted windshield.
USB extension.
Fairing has HD adjustable, tinted, air deflector kit installed.
Polished caliper vent screens.
Blk axle caps.
RC X-haust w/machined tips.
SE Ventilator performance air cleaner kit.
LCD oil temp/level dipstick.
Color matched, chopped tour-pak.
Tour-pak passenger back rest.
Detachable 2-up tour-pak rack.
4 point detachable docking hardware kit.
Antenna relo kit w/HD shorty antenna.
Blk saddlebag guard kit.
HD, soft, front crash bar lowers (not shown in pics).
Locking fuel door.
Footboard, exhaust heel guard.
Avon air grips with throttle boss.

The new owner is welcome to the OEM mufflers, intake system and windshield, if desired.

As you all know costs add up quickly, especially when HD supplies parts and labor. I was in shock at the OTD price of this motorcycle in 2016 but, after 55 years of riding HD's, I decided I deserved this for my last bike. I just ride it and enjoy keeping it spotlessly clean. BTW, the reason the denim finish looks so darn good on this motorcycle is that is has a ceramic protection applied which should keep it looking good and easy to care for, for many years to come.

Last year I had HD replace the battery. Within the last 200 miles a new air filter, oil filter, iridium spark plugs, and two new Michelin tires have been installed. Eng/trans/primary oils (all synthetics) and brake fluids were also replaced. HD upgraded the rocker cover gaskets under warranty and all recalls have been complied with. Included in this sale, and as of April 2021, there is 1 full year remaining on the HD Extended Service Plan. This is an all inclusive contract, purchased thru HD, with a $50 ded. Does it get any better than this?

Title is clear in the owner's name and financing is available thru HD.

I would be happy to provide answers to any questions or send additional photos on request. Thanks!

Old 04-11-2021 | 09:54 AM
pyuchem
Road Warrior

I’ve 2016 SGS. But I like the color on ur bike. 👍

Old 04-11-2021 | 04:37 PM
Rich B.
|
Tourer

Thanks for the compliment. Back in 2012, I purchased a denim black Street Glide and it was a nightmare to keep clean. Since that time the paint sealant manufacturers have come out with specialized products to protect these finishes. The latest of these protectants is the professionally applied, long lasting ceramics. Not much wants to stick to this stuff, not even bug guts. Easy clean-up with a micro fiber cloth and warm water.

Old 04-16-2021 | 08:30 AM
pyuchem
Road Warrior

Curious what seat is that on the bike.

Old 04-17-2021 | 07:22 PM
Jbounds
Stage I

New to this forum, is this bike still for sale? Trying to find the right bike and really liked this one.

Jeff

Old 04-19-2021 | 06:25 AM
Rich B.
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by pyuchem
Curious what seat is that on the bike.
I am always glad to share good information. As you read above, I have been riding HD's for a l...o...n...g... time, and during that time have covered many miles. This seat is by far the most comfortable I've ever set my butt in for any ride, be it short or long. It is a Danny Gray, Tour IST, with air and leather. This seat is offered in both standard and low profile designs and incorporates manually operated, adjustable, air bladders in both front and rear riding positions. I recall paying about 6-700 bucks for the seat but you may be able to find it for less on the web. BTW, this seat has an abrupt angle for back support which works great for me, however, a rider with long legs might find this transition pushes them too close to the tank. I'd say it gives you about an inch more room than the stock SG seat in this regard. Danny Gray also states that the foam in this seat is of a proprietary make-up. Whatever it is...it works...and quality is superb!

Old 04-19-2021 | 07:03 AM
Rich B.
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jbounds
New to this forum, is this bike still for sale? Trying to find the right bike and really liked this one.

Jeff
Good Morning Jeff, Welcome to the HD Forums. A better place on the web you will not find for information about the HD community.

Jeff...the "2016" SG Special is the last in the line of Twin-Cam Street Glides...and arguably the best in the entire series! I purchased this bike brand new from Falcon's Fury HD in Conyers GA and also bought the HD Extended Service Contract along with it (expires 4/22). I seem to recall my initial cost for this bike, before adding any options or accessories, was around $24k. The HD ESP is a pretty good chunk of money added to that but I wanted the security of knowing that this bike was fully covered in the event anything should go wrong. The bike has been trouble free throughout my ownership other than needing to replace the rocker box seals (due to seepage) which was done under warranty.
The bike truly appears as new in every regard. The hardware all over the bike is still bright and shinny, and if you look under the chassis and floorboards....it still looks new there also. This motorcycle has never been in the rain, or allowed to stay wet after washing, for any length of time. I am a fanatic about cleanliness and maintenance. This bike has had the best care in both of those areas. When not being used this motorcycle sits in a nice roomy garage, covered and on a battery tender.
Owners that are passionate about their rides love to talk about them and about how much they enjoy their ownership experience. I could talk about this bike for hours! If you have continued interest in this bike I would love to tell you more about it and the special care it has received during my ownership. Just PM me your contact number and I will reply. Your information will remain private and confidential.
Thanks,
Rich

Old 04-20-2021 | 06:22 AM
72fl
Road Master

Rich I tell you in the words/way that you have described your Bike and Experience to all, and if I were a Denim type of person I for one would not hesitate to purchase this Bike from you. I'd say "You're Going To Miss this Bike" but you will absolutely enjoy the memories with it. Good Luck

Old 04-20-2021 | 01:50 PM
Rich B.
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by 72fl
Rich I tell you in the words/way that you have described your Bike and Experience to all, and if I were a Denim type of person I for one would not hesitate to purchase this Bike from you. I'd say "You're Going To Miss this Bike" but you will absolutely enjoy the memories with it. Good Luck
Thank you for your thoughtful, kind words. Much appreciated!

For all that we encounter and experience within this vast, yet unique community of fellow HD enthusiasts, the connection begins with our motorcycles. I got my first HD back in 66, a low-mile, Harley Sprint 250, first belonging to another guy in our neighborhood we called "Smokey" (I know what you're thinking...."pot"...and you're right.). Although not an "American" Harley, that motorcycle opened up the door to a bountiful world of freedom and discovery for me that is only now beginning to close. The adventure has been fun, it's been worthwhile, it's been entertaining, amusing, inspiring, enlightening, sometimes comical, sometimes ludicrous, and even sometimes sad and regretful. Motorcycling has taken three of my best friends, but it has also provided the magic carpet which me and my wife have wondrously shared so many miles of our lives on.

Yes....when this motorcycle is safely in the hands of it's new caretaker I will reflect on what a pleasure it has been to be the proud owner of such a fine machine. Then I'll lament.....but don't despair, as I've got stories...and glossy pictures too!

Quick Reply: 2016 Street Glide Special, Denim Gray