Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts See Specific Models in Sub forums Below This is the place to post your misc. Harley Parts for sale. Please Read The Rules For Posting In the Classified Section before attempting to post here.

Road Tech Quest GPS System *NEW*

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:24 PM
$oul Child
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Road Tech Quest GPS System *NEW*

Bought this GPS on a road trip and when I got home and took it out of the box to get started installing it I figured out I bought the wrong one. It is HD Road Tech Quest GPS part number 92106-05, This is the one that needs the fairing mount, will not work with the fairing dash pad, I have a handlebar mount. I am wiling to sell it for $320 to someone that wants a good deal. They want a restocking fee so I would rather give that amount off to someone else. $320 plus actual ups shipping cost. Paypal accepted.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

It can be modified to use the handlebar mount. You simply need a different hot shoe. You would be surprised at how fast Garmin will send you one, if you simply call and let them know that you need it.

I also had the Quest, and removed the fairing mount after nearly losing the unit a few times. They used to have a problem with the Hot Shoe, and when you hit a good bump, it would release the unit. I put plugs in the holes, and then added the dash pad to make it look better, called Garmin, let them know what problem I had, and how I desired to fix it, and they had a new handlebar mount shoe out to me in a matter of 3 days at no charge. Thier customer service goes above and beyond.

never had another problem with it releasing the unit, But sold it with hte bike last spring, and went to the Zumo for the new bike.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 AM
$oul Child
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Trailfndr, I will give it a try.