Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts See Specific Models in Sub forums Below This is the place to post your misc. Harley Parts for sale. Please Read The Rules For Posting In the Classified Section before attempting to post here.

Just a Rant about the Classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Heritage70X
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just a Rant about the Classifieds

How about when the item(s) are sold.......the listing be deleted by the seller ??&nbsp\\; Can that be done ?&nbsp\\; That sure would save a lot of time looking through the listings.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

I say leave the post there so we can get some idea what it sold for.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:08 PM
FEV
Cruiser

FULL AMEN to allowing authors to delete their post when stuff is sold - much more efficient! Thanks for a great forum!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:34 AM
wiseguyups
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: RMBLON

As I scan the ads for things I might buy, I too, run across things that I think the owner is crazy for asking that much, but please send the man a PM if you have to voice your opinion. Don't ruin the man's ad by posting your opinion for everyone to see.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; **IMHO**
&nbsp\\;
I hear ya. If your not going to buy it's none of your business what price the guy has on it.
I say don't even pm the guy, just go to the next ad you want to check out.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:17 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,539 Likes on 932 Posts

I'll give you 20 bucks for it. It's not worth the 150.00 you're asking. Oops , wrong thread

Old 07-05-2008, 07:26 PM
04ctd
Banned

Received 205 Likes on 149 Posts

i had a JetSki on ebay while back

listed at $6000

guy offers $6000 in a PM, so i talk to him

another guy offers $5000, "and come get it TODAY"&nbsp\\; so I hit "reply &amp\\; post this question to your auction"

and put that $6000 would buy it today.

so with that showing, some moron offers "$4000,&nbsp\\; TAKE IT or LEAVE IT" and would i meet him halfway,

so i wrote back " i will leave it, see the above question, and yes, for SERIOUS buyers, we will meet you halfway"

he got ALL MAD, did I not think he was SERIOUS???
lotsa folks are stupid.

it went for 6500.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Waterse
Advanced

Personally I think it's foolish to get mad either way. If you think the price is too high, don'y buy. But If someone lowballs you, don't get mad and rant and rave, just don't sell. You can't blame someone for wanting a good deal and you can't blame someone for wanting to get a fair price for thier goods or thier hard work. Not worth getting worked up about either way.

Old 07-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Fearlessleader
Cruiser

The forum is not eBay folks it’s for helping fellow members and sharing parts for a fair price!!! You want to sell over priced stuff take to eBay there is always some dummy to buy things for way too much. Venders really are not even supposed to post in this section. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen !!!! And put the stuff eBay! I have sold lots of stuff here and I know I could have got more for it elsewhere. When you post stuff here for sale is a way to help the other guys out or maybe when you need a answer for about a problem you have the guy you asked should how much is it worth to ya! There is nothing I hate more than a winey biker your being a little b*tch Get some thicker skin. This is a place for bikers helping bikers not to sell you stuff for the highest price on the planet By the way people start looking to places like Chicago HD for you parts and save %20. Nothing I hate more is some chump trying to rip someone off here. I think rip off artist should get flamed. And for anyone wanting to flame me for this opinion Have a Nice day you won’t get a rise out of me.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:52 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Fearlessleader

The forum is not eBay folks it’s for helping fellow members and sharing parts for a fair price!!! You want to sell over priced stuff take to eBay there is always some dummy to buy things for way too much. Venders really are not even supposed to post in this section. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen !!!! And put the stuff eBay! I have sold lots of stuff here and I know I could have got more for it elsewhere. When you post stuff here for sale is a way to help the other guys out or maybe when you need a answer for about a problem you have the guy you asked should how much is it worth to ya! There is nothing I hate more than a winey biker your being a little b*tch Get some thicker skin. This is a place for bikers helping bikers not to sell you stuff for the highest price on the planet By the way people start looking to places like Chicago HD for you parts and save %20. Nothing I hate more is some chump trying to rip someone off here. I think rip off artist should get flamed. And for anyone wanting to flame me for this opinion Have a Nice day you won’t get a rise out of me.
&nbsp\\;
+1
&nbsp\\;
and enough with the Bumps and TTT's
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008, 04:16 PM
swampking
Road Captain

&nbsp\\;The fact is that there are a lot of people that just question the price or somthing else about the ad and never had any intention on buying. They just don't have anything better to do. Make me wonder if they even have a bike.

Quick Reply: Just a Rant about the Classifieds