Motorcycle Parts For Sale-Misc. Parts See Specific Models in Sub forums Below This is the place to post your misc. Harley Parts for sale. Please Read The Rules For Posting In the Classified Section before attempting to post here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Buyer's Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:14 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer's Etiquette

Everyone that places an ad on here has spent some time taking and loading pictures as well as answering questions. If you send a pm to someone and let them know that you are interested in purchasing the item, you need to follow through, or promptly let them know that you are not going to purchase the items.

I recently listed about six posts where I was selling street bob parts. I recieved a bunch of pm's stating that they wanted the item. In the meantime in order to stop all of the pm's, I replied to other's stating that item was sold or a sale was pending. Well in all of the cases, the sale fell through and I still have the parts. I have since listed them on ebay and they are selling, however I wasted time in dealing with some members of this forum.

I recently sold a lowrider seat to a gentlemen in Canada and even shipped the seat out before recieving the payment, because I could tell he was a great guy.(Thanks leon)This forum is not just about great information and camaraderie, it's also about having some trust and respect for your fellow forum members.

Old 05-27-2007, 12:46 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buyer's Etiquette

AGREE!!!! Haven't had it happen yet on this forum, but have on others. One thing I WOULD do is "name names". There should be a "good buyer" and "stinker buyer" thread started and maintained, where someone who fails to follow through on a deal can be ID'd!!! Same with sellers, of course - but nothing is worse than someone who SAYS they'll buy something, then doesn't!!

Old 05-27-2007, 01:05 PM
TerryM
Cruiser

I agree with the idea on the buyers sellersthread, It can be made a sticky where you can leave + or- feedback.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree.

I sell parts on here too and I am clear that the first one that paypals me the money gets the part.

I am done with all the nonsense of guys saying they want it and then backing out......we should be able to mark their profile as being a deadbeat or at the very least a tire kicker.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: blackfinbob

Everyone that places an ad on here has spent some time taking and loading pictures as well as answering questions. If you send a pm to someone and let them know that you are interested in purchasing the item, you need to follow through, or promptly let them know that you are not going to purchase the items.

I recently listed about six posts where I was selling street bob parts. I recieved a bunch of pm's stating that they wanted the item. In the meantime in order to stop all of the pm's, I replied to other's stating that item was sold or a sale was pending. Well in all of the cases, the sale fell through and I still have the parts. I have since listed them on ebay and they are selling, however I wasted time in dealing with some members of this forum.

I recently sold a lowrider seat to a gentlemen in Canada and even shipped the seat out before recieving the payment, because I could tell he was a great guy.(Thanks leon)This forum is not just about great information and camaraderie, it's also about having some trust and respect for your fellow forum members.
PS....Blackfin it is also good to practice what you preach...I pm'd you about the chrome switch housings you have for sale...saying I would take them to let me know if they were still available.

I have yet to receive a response from you whether they are available or not. The ad is still up...and I am still waiting....so the knife cuts both ways. Sellers should have some etiquette too.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:15 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member

I think that if you want a rating, go to Ebay, To have a rating system would be alot of work for the site and Mods. They would have to go through and monitor all sales, figure out who is telling the truth, who is lying and so forth. This could also lead up to some liability issues and slander issues. If someone is a good seller then post about them under the item, same as buyer should. I beleive there is certain risk involved with any online selling. I have items on sale here also. I will not mark them sold until i have a solid confirmation and payment on the way, then i will mark post as Pending payment so other buyers will be aware of situation. Just my 2 Cents.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:26 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

I also PMed him about switch housings and a service manual I believe it was. I said in the PM I wanted to buy them. I didn't tell him I would buy if he came off the price or if he would deliver them in person, just said I wanted them. Never heard a word.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:27 PM
riden2low
Tourer

I agree with Balley. I have bought items from this site and have been very happy with what I got. And if I wasn't interested any more I did email the seller back. It is the only proper thing to do. Not leave the seller hanging. Yep, who ever sends the first Paypal, the item is out the door.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:33 PM
balley
Elite HDF Member

Who you talking about?

ORIGINAL: jmpancoast

I also PMed him about switch housings and a service manual I believe it was. I said in the PM I wanted to buy them. I didn't tell him I would buy if he came off the price or if he would deliver them in person, just said I wanted them. Never heard a word.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:49 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master

I agree I did not reply back because I was waiting for those that commited to buying to send me there address. Finally I was sick of dealing with it and just started deleting the posts. Obviuosly I forgot to delete the switch housings. BTW jpancoast I did send you another pm.

Quick Reply: Buyer's Etiquette