Motorcycle Metal Fast? Now Control Yourself...

Development on inverted forks

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 06:19 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Development on inverted forks

I have been working on triple trees for a long time now. My design goal was/is:
  1. Exact fit and will be an exact mounting points for every HD FLT motorcycle with steering stem forward of the forks (1986~2013).
  2. Ability to accommodate different bore fork tubes including inverted forks.
I brought this conversion kit using 49mm forks with 30mm NIX Ohlins cartridges using a stock 2014~current front fork shell.

I have been working on this and this fork is also 30mm cartridges but radial calipers. This fork is a direct bolt up for 1986~2013 FLT (all including a Road King. In conventional form these trees are on several HDF owners bikes already and been riding around for a few years. Same length as stock and strokes can be altered. I just finished this up and no time yet to put it on my web site.

The following users liked this post:
bentparts (02-10-2023)
Old 12-17-2016, 09:56 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 857 Likes on 540 Posts

Wow, Howard.

Very exciting, I am very interested.

YB

Old 12-18-2016, 08:51 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Fall & Winter

I have been developing several new ideas over the year but when selling & building existing shocks & forks takes up all of my time. When the winter comes people think less of their bikes than they do towards the spring. This is when I can implement new projects.

I now have somewhere around 3 or 4 sets of bagger shortened KYB (Kayaba) inverted forks that are around 1/2" to 1" shorter with inverted fork triple trees for 1986~2013 FLT that can use 300mm rotors using radial calipers that can be had used (calipers) on e-Bay for $100~$150 and the fork package around $2,000~$2,500 (depending on options).

The Ohlins forks (pictured) are just about finished as I have yet to manufacture the fender mounts. Stock steel fenders will not work on any inverted FLT inverted fork without modification.

Dyna's:
I have 3 sets of pre-owned XR1200LA forks completely rebuilt in great cosmetic condition utilizing Ohlins fort oil, Ohlins piston kit, and Ohlins springs, all will be/have been pre-built for a Dyna (800mm) and my mid glide superior billet triple trees. For use on any year Dyna (specify year as they are different) using your own 2006~current front wheel or I have spacers for the sealed bearing type (2000~205) and use your own axle, calipers, and rotors. Your calipers will bolt up (2000~current) using the corresponding rotor diameter (Twin-cam, Nissin XR1200, PM,and other) use 11 1/2" & dresser Brembo 2008~current use 300 mm rotors. We also offer caliper adapters to swing either spoked or hub mount 320mm rotors. We also have the 320mm rotors. is Stainless or Iron with an aluminum carrier.

Just developing and in the anodizer:
For either 2000~Current FLT or FXST 320mm full floating SS or Iron & caliper adapter(s) & rotor kit to use stock 2008~current FLT Brembo calipers on your bike. This will not work on Dynas or Trikes.

Last edited by FastHarley; 12-18-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:20 AM
Larry fxr jones
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inverted triumph front end on fxr

Originally Posted by FastHarley
I have been developing several new ideas over the year but when selling & building existing shocks & forks takes up all of my time. When the winter comes people think less of their bikes than they do towards the spring. This is when I can implement new projects.

I now have somewhere around 3 or 4 sets of bagger shortened KYB (Kayaba) inverted forks that are around 1/2" to 1" shorter with inverted fork triple trees for 1986~2013 FLT that can use 300mm rotors using radial calipers that can be had used (calipers) on e-Bay for $100~$150 and the fork package around $2,000~$2,500 (depending on options).

The Ohlins forks (pictured) are just about finished as I have yet to manufacture the fender mounts. Stock steel fenders will not work on any inverted FLT inverted fork without modification.

Dyna's:
I have 3 sets of pre-owned XR1200LA forks completely rebuilt in great cosmetic condition utilizing Ohlins fort oil, Ohlins piston kit, and Ohlins springs, all will be/have been pre-built for a Dyna (800mm) and my mid glide superior billet triple trees. For use on any year Dyna (specify year as they are different) using your own 2006~current front wheel or I have spacers for the sealed bearing type (2000~205) and use your own axle, calipers, and rotors. Your calipers will bolt up (2000~current) using the corresponding rotor diameter (Twin-cam, Nissin XR1200, PM,and other) use 11 1/2" & dresser Brembo 2008~current use 300 mm rotors. We also offer caliper adapters to swing either spoked or hub mount 320mm rotors. We also have the 320mm rotors. is Stainless or Iron with an aluminum carrier.

Just developing and in the anodizer:
For either 2000~Current FLT or FXST 320mm full floating SS or Iron & caliper adapter(s) & rotor kit to use stock 2008~current FLT Brembo calipers on your bike. This will not work on Dynas or Trikes.
mom

ive recently come up with a set of triumph trees and inverted forks . they , i believe to be 2012 675 triple triumph . from handle bars to 17" radial tire, just lacking callipers and controls . i think this would work ideal providing i find matching rear wheel n tire .planning on chain conversion anyway and have located the mentioned tire wheel n sprocket on ebay for less than 300 bucks. this is a no money build cuz im just not rich . but i love my basket build fxrp my brother gave me before he died this winter. finished the bike but we never rode together . i did inherit his fltrx 2012 roadglide 103 . i dont ride it as much as i do the fxr . love them both for different reasons. you apear to be very tallented machinist . my brother and i had a driveshaft manufacturing and off road truck fab shop for over 20 years . i think that would be a good low dollar fxr upgrade , whats your opinion on this ? i have some radial tokikico callipers n controlls from a cbr . do you or any one you know make radial calliper adapters or adapters to run my stock fxr callipers on the triumph front end . my fxr is a police version so it has dual callipers as do the triumph and cbr stuff i have . i love all bikes and swapping other brand stuff on my hd doesnt bother me too much. im a bit of a fabricator machinist my self and will probably build my caliper brackets if i dont find what im looking for. was just looking for an experts opinion on if you think these parts are fairly well suited to work together . probably need to play with spring rates and things like that . im not to heavy around 200lbs and fxrp is about 150 + lbs heavier than the triumph but ill find a spring that should hold the harley up. im arider of bikes for 50 plus years and father had a suzuki dealership back in the 70s and at one time was a top ten ama rider during that time . used to win all classes , flt track n motorcross at sturgis and all over the midwest back then . im going on almost 60 years young but still ive got blown out fork seals on my fxr from riding it 12:00 oclock everytime i get on the dang thing . never claimed to be the brightest but i refuse to grow upand bikes are what i live for . i live in alaska so i apreciate any dry piece of pavement i can find. GOD is good and i hope you get the time to read my rant and maybe ill learn something from you . please have a blessed day and dont let this virus stuff dampen your spirits . be blessed . thank you sincerely fxr Larry

Old 03-22-2020, 07:31 AM
Larry fxr jones
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast harleys fxr and inverted forks

love your stuff wish i could afford your parts on my roadglide someday . recently spoke to kevin alsop at big bear , super smart awesome dude . he gave me some solid advice about a few things . awesome guy and i was suprised how easy he was to talk to about my junk . i would own a titanium over any bike on the planet if it was in the cards for me . till then you all keep banging those trick bikes and parts out. and may GOD bless you all. thank you for your forums.