Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Dropping Progressive due to Peter Lewis

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 01:10 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wrecked my bike and Foremost came through in the end. Gave me $16k for a bike that I had 75,000 miles on. I was happy.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 148 Likes on 88 Posts

I left Progressive too but for a different reason. When I was 60, my wife of 39 years passed away. Progressive changed my policy status to "single" and tripled my premium. No accidents or tickets just my "status" changed. I am now with American Family for house, cars and motorcycles.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:47 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,089 Likes on 3,490 Posts

Ha Buckin ,
Who is that quote from ?? If you don't mind I would like to borrow it ! I think it's GREAT !
I went with GIECO because of their rates and ease of use for the biker. I don't like Buffet, but I hate Soros !!

Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A penny saved is ....

Originally Posted by qtrracer
I get a kick out of people that take(or grind to get) the cheapest deal they can, then they are the loudest complainers when they get laid off for a cheaper new hire. You made your bed, now shut the hell up about it. I like guys that walk the walk and stand up for what they believe in especially when it costs more to do it.
I have not been a grinder on getting the cheap deal- often times you get what you pay for, and in sales I have seen folks pay for a cheap piece of equipment only to come back and spend the $ for the better equipment to do a job.
As far as insurance, I noticed I would be paying more had I not checked out
what other discounts they were providing, so I got deductions added for what
I could also qualify for. Cost savings.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
I get a kick out of people that take(or grind to get) the cheapest deal they can, then they are the loudest complainers when they get laid off for a cheaper new hire. You made your bed, now shut the hell up about it. I like guys that walk the walk and stand up for what they believe in especially when it costs more to do it.
Here's what I believe in.

One company is cheaper then the other.

I'm going with them. Saves me money. I could care less who the CEO donates money to. Why should his political agenda bother me? That being said I'll check out this foremost insurance company. I'm always looking for a good deal and so far progressive is the best I've found.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:00 PM
stogieluvr60
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riders Insurance

Originally Posted by Roadrider18
I am not wanting this to be a post about politics, but, am very concerned about profits from my premiums being used to support a political/social agenda I am totally against.

I am upset that I have been supporting a George Soros wannabe in Peter Lewis through my Progressive Insurance premiums.

I am now in the market for new motorcycle insurance.

I am not to interested in GEICO due to Warren Buffet's political slant and tax ideas.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/peterlewis.asp
Take a look at Riders Insurance. If they are available in your state they are well worth a look. We had our 09 Ultra with the same company (Erie) that our 4 wheelers and our home is with and for identical coverage levels Riders save us almost $400 a year. Plus I have $8000 in accessory insurance so all those add ons are covered as well. Check em' out!

Last edited by stogieluvr60; 02-26-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typo