Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Stay away from this insurance agency...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:03 PM
meatsack
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Furcifer
Lady pulls out in front of me last month, I swerve, but still clip her. She gets the ticket for failure to yield. Good thing I've got USAA. She had Progressive, and they tried to say I was partially at fault, WAY after the fact. They STILL don't have the full police report, and apparently they don't know how to find a phone number of a witness who only gave an address, either. USAA went ahead and paid my bike estimate and the first grand or so of my medical bills. My military TriCare picks up the rest of the medical claims. Finally, tomorrow, a Progressive adjuster is coming out to see what USAA didn't cover (saddlebags, jeans the EMT's cut off me, etc.) I've got a good mind to send HIM to the hospital and see how good HIS insurance is...

The down side to USAA is that I really don't have an agent, per se. I'm not happy with the dealership taking a week and a half to do the estimate and I'm not happy with USAA taking another week to get a sub-contracted adjuster out to the shop. I really don't have an advocate in this. I had to take the bike home and pay 3 hours labor on the estimate just so I could pick up the essential parts on the way from another dealership and have her back on the road by the end of the next day.

The only reason I'm alive is to MY credit, and the Almighty. I braked and swerved and vastly minimized how bad it could have been. Otherwise, Progressive would be looking at a lawsuit from hell! All their ads targeting motorcycle riders, let's hope they take care of their own better than the bikers their cager-clients try to kill!
From what I've researched...Progressive has a good track record when it comes to customer service.

It's the politics they support that I take issue with.