Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Accidental Death Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
arkyrider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accidental Death Insurance?

Just trying to get some feedback on the subject from some veteran riders. How many of you have added it as a rider to your Life/Auto/Bike policy? which one L/A/B?How about strictly a AD policy of it's own? Would you be interested in a AD policy of it's own , for a reasonable price? How many of you don't care one way or the other? Again I'm just looking for some opinions on the subject. Thanks for your input. Oh, and how any of you have your ex wife as the beneficiary on your policy? (actually I don't need any input on the last question)

Last edited by arkyrider; 03-31-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:05 AM
arkyrider
6th Gear

I see a few members have looked at the thread ,but no one has an opinion? Maybe i should ask the question in a different way?
I'm new to the insurance business and have a stand alone accidental death policy 20 yr. term non-med ,3 versions a $50,000/$75,000/$100,000. Prices $13.71 m,$147.50 yr/$18.25m,$196.25yr/ $22.79m,$245.00yr. Each policy has a 5% inflation increase on the death benefit side ,which means the policy will double by the end of the 20yrs to $100,000/$150,000/$200,000.The added bonus is these policies are ROP (return of premium) If you don't use it(the death benefit side and I hope you don't) ,you get all your money back( turns out to be free insurance) and you can sign up for another 20yrs. if you want.
I'm not trying to sell anything here,I'm just trying to get some opinions about this type of policy and if there's any interest in it. You can also add a natural death (rider,non-med) to these policies as well. Thanks again for any input you can add to the thread.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:42 AM
Jason H.
Cruiser

I don't know any of the specifics without reviewing my policy (which is home) but I know I have a 20 year term policy (coverage is $250k or $300k) as well as the AD&D for another...think it's $100k or $150k. I don't believe mine is a Return Of Premium policy but it is certainly worth looking into.

At the time I just wanted SOMETHING with a reputable company and tried to get it as cheap as I could being a smoker (at the time) and the coverage I thought I would need. The AD&D was a cheap addition and to me seemed a no-brainer as the life insurance policy will pay for the funeral and pay off everything I owe. My hope is that if it comes into play, the AD&D policy will give my soon to be spouse some money to take time off, buy a shiny car, etc. etc. Whatever she wants.