Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

If you have Progressive insurance, review your policy....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 06:21 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default If you have Progressive insurance, review your policy....

I suppose this is common sense, but.....

Got my renewal in the mail a few days ago. $849 for 1 year of coverage on my 2010 Road Glide. I noticed in the paperwork they had a bunch of discounts that I felt I may be eligible for so I called 'em. The result was I found I was not receiving the discount for ABS brakes. They now offer a discount just for having a motorcycle endorsement which I was not receiving. I was eligible for a discount for the Police Officer Motors skills training that I took at work. I was also eligible for a 'years of experience' discount by just simply telling 'em I've been riding for over 20 years (I have proof, pictures of me in short shorts and tube socks with the double colored stripes etc...it aint pretty but it seemed cool at the time!!!). With those 4 discounts, along with a couple of others that I was receiving (multi-vehicle policy, length of coverage with them) AND INCREASING my accessories coverage from the standard included $3,000 to $5,000, i lowered my premium to $696.00. In addition, I have a Kendon trailer I'll be selling soon that I don't use so that dropped it down to $653.

That's a lotta discounts just for making a phone call.

The following users liked this post:
Long lonesome highwayman (10-23-2019)
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
jeff194
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my Foremost renewal today, $651 for the year. Progressive's quote with towing, which I did't have before is $355 for the year. Not to bad.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Good job. That's why I read the fine print

Old 10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I take delivery of my RK in a couple of weeks( I hope ) I will give them a call and ask about anything additional for the ABS.

Thanks for the tip!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I've had Progressive for years. Checking for discounts is wise with every insurance company, sometimes it pays to ask.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkBite
I suppose this is common sense, but.....

Got my renewal in the mail a few days ago. $849 for 1 year of coverage on my 2010 Road Glide. I noticed in the paperwork they had a bunch of discounts that I felt I may be eligible for so I called 'em. The result was I found I was not receiving the discount for ABS brakes. They now offer a discount just for having a motorcycle endorsement which I was not receiving. I was eligible for a discount for the Police Officer Motors skills training that I took at work. I was also eligible for a 'years of experience' discount by just simply telling 'em I've been riding for over 20 years (I have proof, pictures of me in short shorts and tube socks with the double colored stripes etc...it aint pretty but it seemed cool at the time!!!). With those 4 discounts, along with a couple of others that I was receiving (multi-vehicle policy, length of coverage with them) AND INCREASING my accessories coverage from the standard included $3,000 to $5,000, i lowered my premium to $696.00. In addition, I have a Kendon trailer I'll be selling soon that I don't use so that dropped it down to $653.

That's a lotta discounts just for making a phone call.

I shopped Progressive on my 32k Tri-Glide and they could not come close to State Farm. I’m paying $457.40 a year for 250/500/100 Bodily Injury & Property Damage. $500 Deductible Comprehensive with ACV. $500 Deductible Collision with ACV. Uninsured & Underinsured Motor Vehicle.

I have my house and all of my other vehicle insured with State Farm so I’m receiving some discounts because of that but nobody could come close to apples to apples coverage for $457.40.

Jim

The following users liked this post:
Heritage98 (10-23-2019)
Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
LADNAR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkBite
I have proof, pictures of me in short shorts and tube socks with the double colored stripes etc...it aint pretty but it seemed cool at the time!!!
Don't let the nay sayers fool you.
Those socks are awesome. I'm wearing some gray ones right now!

I'll have to give them a call. I didn't think about the ABS discount, after I traded in my Fatbob. I've had progressive for a couple of years now, and the rates are pretty cheap already, compared to what I've found in other companies.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:11 AM
legendzzz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had Progressive 2 years now and I pay $282 for the year with $100-$300 K coverge and a $500 Deductable , No one comes NEAR them in price!! By Far

Old 10-19-2010, 01:09 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by legendzzz
I have had Progressive 2 years now and I pay $282 for the year with $100-$300 K coverge and a $500 Deductable , No one comes NEAR them in price!! By Far
check on far they will tow if u ever need one they told me 15 miles thats it. so now i have AAA premium towing $100 any where up to a 100 miles. i found out this past april going to laughlin river run.

Old 10-23-2019, 02:09 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

$527.04/yr with disappearing deductible that has disappeared. That includes $3000 accessory coverage. I am with the Progressive through Harley. 2019 Street Glide Special.

Quick Reply: If you have Progressive insurance, review your policy....