Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Progressive vs Geico

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
deluxeroad
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just switched from Geico to Progressive. Exact same coverage on all three bikes but around $200 less for Progressive. The folks at Geico said they could not match that price but were very decent about losing a client.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:53 AM
mooseye
Tourer

I have Geico on both bikes.
My question to them and all mc insurers; Why should I have to pay the full rate on two bikes when I am the only driver, and obviously can only wreak one at a time?
I would like a policy that would cover both at one rate but only one at a time when in use.
I mean unless I run one into the other.
This post is more for the humor aspect since I know the big I's will never consider such a thing.
I know a guy that has a dozen harleys and I bet he has a seperate policy on each one. What a racket!

Old 09-27-2010, 05:30 PM
monkgrunt
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

progressive is the way i go

Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
JBourquin
Road Master

Progressive quoted me over $800/yr for full coverage on my FLSTC. Called Geico, quoted $297/yr and have had them for almost 2yrs now. Just had a $6,000 claim so I guess we'll see if it goes up now. Haven't been dropped yet.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:24 PM
maxhd
2nd Gear

progressive is way to go never did me wrong.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 AM
tgunde
Intermediate

I found Progressive to be cheaper than Geico. Strange. I think they all are a bit high. Statefarm was crazy high, and I've been with them for 25 years w/ auto. I have three Harleys, and my premiums with Progressive are over 2k a year. Although it is Louisiana.

Old 10-04-2010, 02:21 PM
Alex_06FXDBI
Cruiser

I went down mid Sept, called Geico (first year with them) and so far I have to say every single person I've dealt with has been great so far...
my bike was on a flatbed 2 hours after the first call. Once the dealer gets the check I'll be stoked even thoug HD estimates 2 months to get back on the road. Claims guy even asked me to send over a web link to the Helmet I was wearing for replacement.

nothings been done to the bike yet so I cant really weigh in too much on the follow thru but so far so good.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:17 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suggest going with Geico........ no idea if they are good or cheap or whatever but I have shares in the parent company......

Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Dr OConnor
Intermediate
Default Geico..

I have Geico for all my vehicles, including my Harley. Great price the people seem friendly , My dad used them for years with any problems. Progressive ads are fraudulent They have the worst customer service, I used them once for car insurance, and it was like having no insurance at all.
if you want to throw your money away get progressive, but someone do us favor and take out that flo on the commercial she is offensive!

Old 10-07-2010, 10:03 AM
mountainpharm
Road Captain

I've had Geico on my '07 FLHT for the last 3 years which is costing me around $425/yr. I have a pristine driving record with no claims. I've gotten a wild hair to trade for a 2011 Ultra Limited so I checked Geico and they quoted a new annual premium of $761.91/yr which is a 79% increase over what I currently pay. I priced the exact same policy with Progressive and they quoted $356.23/yr. That difference is too big to ignore in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Progressive vs Geico