Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Progressive Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had Progressive since I have owned my bike. It is easy on the wallet.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 PM
JackD
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

On a side note!!! Mr. 09 Deluxe! Brother that is one wicked look'in Deluxe!! Congrats!!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I had Progressive with the Sportster and it was cheapest by far. After I got the Street Bob Geico became the cheapest so I dropped Progressive and went with Geico. We have Unitrin for the cars and I have never found anyone that could beat their price.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Slopneck
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I think you've convinced me...

Old 05-19-2010, 11:00 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had Progressive for years...and had four claims for picking up broken down bikes, two of which were major distances from home (one was a 400 mile haul....and every one of them was on a Sunday, with no bike shops open the following day). I am living proof that metric bikes break down too! Progressive paid without a bit of trouble...and the haulers they sent were prompt and top notch.

Glad they weren't seriously hurt!

Old 05-20-2010, 12:15 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have Progressive on the bikes. Get the extra accessory coverage too. The only bad thing is the wife knocked off a side mirror splitting lanes and her premium doubled. I might as well call it mine as I pay the bills. Hopefully I'll never need it, but it is good to hear this. Glad no one was hurt too bad either.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:53 AM
micahpop
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
The only sad part to this story is that I told him now he could go buy a Harley and he said no way, I'm getting another Honda.
This is very sad - must make you wonder what you did wrong as a parent. J/K!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:45 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 516 Likes on 352 Posts

First off, glad the kids are relatively ok!
I've had Progressive for 7 years AND had a claim with my old bike. I hit a deer and they said the bike was considered totaled based on damage to value ratio - probably about $500 in parts to repair but they were replacing anything that had a mark on it. They allowed me to keep the bike, gave me a check for the damage minus my deductible. I kept the bike, fixed it up, custom paint, kept my clean title...and my rate went DOWN the following year.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Daver45
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had Progressive for over 10 yrs now, they are very reasonable on price I'd say. I've never had to to place a claim with them, (knock on wood) but I'm glad to see that they took care of you!

Ride safe

Old 05-20-2010, 08:52 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by elPrez
First off, glad the kids are relatively ok!
I've had Progressive for 7 years AND had a claim with my old bike. I hit a deer and they said the bike was considered totaled based on damage to value ratio - probably about $500 in parts to repair but they were replacing anything that had a mark on it. They allowed me to keep the bike, gave me a check for the damage minus my deductible. I kept the bike, fixed it up, custom paint, kept my clean title...and my rate went DOWN the following year.
I should have mentioned that despite my claims with Progressive, my rates also kept going down for being a multi-bike and long term customer. And they've got the totally sexy Flo....

Quick Reply: Progressive Insurance