Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Husband got hit head on...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 PM
JonV
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need a better Attorney, the other Drivers Liability should be paying your losses.... Property, Medical, Pain and Suffering, and a Civil Lawsuit is in order. Your Insurer should be fighting for you too.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:32 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JonV
You need a better Attorney, the other Drivers Liability should be paying your losses.... Property, Medical, Pain and Suffering, and a Civil Lawsuit is in order. Your Insurer should be fighting for you too.
What Jon said. So sorry about the accident and injuries Pebbles, but yes, you need a better attorney.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Pebbles
Cruiser

Thanks for all of the input--I can see that this is going to be a long drawn out process. It's funny how if it isn't your fault, and you pay for insurance and are covered, that it seems like they try to screw you anyways.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pebbles
We did get an attorney, and they're saying that the property loss is up to us, we need to deal with that ourselves, with the insurance company. The attorney is going to go after the pain and suffering, etc.
Originally Posted by NYBagger92
You need to speak directly with a motorcycle accident attorney. Get an attorney that has a lot of experience in dealing with this kind of case.
I agree with NYBagger92 on this. An attorney works for you and should be doing evervthing possible to get you everything possible.

One who specializes in motorcycle accidents will know the ins-and-outs of what you're going to deal with.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:15 PM
Hocus-Pocus
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't sign anything! Get an attorney ASAP. The ins is trying to screw you big time

Old 04-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Pebbles
Cruiser

Thanks everyone--we did call our attorney, and he's called the other persons insurance. Hopefully we can get the bike dealt with and behind us, and then the other "fun" can begin, with the pain and suffering, etc.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

Pebbles, your insurance company should take care of your bike. That's why you pay premiums. They will then get their dough back from the other drivers ins. As for your attorney telling you to go on your own with the bike. Basically he's telling you what I just did about your ins. company. If that wasn't clear to you, then please fire him or her and hire another one you are more comfortable with. He or she is working on "commission" anyway, or should be. Meaning he or she will only get paid if you do then will want a percentage of whatever settlement you receive. You have no settlement at this time so you owe him or her nothing. Listen, I KNOW this is hard. But, if you hurry and get a quick deal, it will only be to your detriment. You need to take your time and treat this as an important thing that you don't want to mess up. Do not get tired and settle just to move on. Do this right and in the end, even though it'll take a long time, IN THE END you will be better off. In the mean time, you've got friends here. Good luck and what do you need? Noname

Old 04-14-2010, 11:55 PM
adlerx
Road Captain

I hope your husband's injuries aren't too serious and that he will recover soon!
Be patient and let your atty handle the ins co for the injuries.
You'll get nowhere with them on the property. Just make em pay on the back end when time to settle lawsuit comes. Your atty should have filed within days of signing on with you. If he has not done this, fire him and find one who will work for you!.

By the way, alot of misinformation in this thread from people who are neither attorneys nor have they dealt with this situation. It would be nice if it all was as easy as most who have posted here think it is.

Last edited by adlerx; 04-15-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 AM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew i shouldnt have clicked this thread.....attorneys make me sick!!!....Ive been screwed by every one i have needed/used....F-ing crooks!!!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Pebbles
Cruiser

Well, we got a quote from the other persons insurance, and they said that they'd pay us a little over $21,000. That would pay off the bike, plus $1,600 more. Our insurance, on the other hand, quoted us a little over $18,000, which wouldn't even pay off the loan for the bike. We are shopping for a new attorney starting tomorrow....

Quick Reply: Husband got hit head on...