Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Anybody have AARP Insurance ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:41 AM
m50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody have AARP Insurance ?

Does anybody have any experience with the Foremost Ins. Co. that is through AARP? I have had Progressive since 03 there rates on a new 2010 Limited were $ 667.00 and I checked with AARP their rates with the same coverages was $ 386.00. Sounds like a good deal The Foremost co. is an A rated co. so they should be OK, but was wondering if anyone had any dealings with them.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't do anything with AARP. They are anti 2nd Amendment and have no place in my world whatsoever.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had Foremost through AARP on my '05 Road King since the time I bought it new. I've never had a claim so I can't vouch for that end of things. I can say they've offered the cheapest insurance I can find, and I've saved a bunch of money over the last 5 years.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:55 AM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain

+1 on that as well..No claims but WAY cheaper than the rest.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 AM
2006sporty
Stage III

I have Foremost thru AARP and, still carry a gun so,no problem with the 2nd amend. here. They have the best rates around. Saved enough to buy a new gun.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006sporty
I have Foremost thru AARP and, still carry a gun so,no problem with the 2nd amend. here. They have the best rates around. Saved enough to buy a new gun.
I won't join an org that is anti 2nd amendment. AARP is.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:46 PM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just received my renewal notice for AARP, I sent it back with a note that I am cancelling do to their political stance.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Ricks2006
Novice

I have had progressive and change to Foremost in the past two years. havent had a claim but saving alot of money and have the motorcycle ins. for all the extras!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wescoot2
Just received my renewal notice for AARP, I sent it back with a note that I am cancelling do to their political stance.
AARP is NOT an Insurance Company, they're what's called a 'Third Party Carrier.' So they come up with a plan, bring in a Company to underwrite it and start from scratch - Without the first claim so, naturally, their rates can be fairly cheap from the get. Then, depending on their claims experience they adjust their rates. Sometimes good, sometimes -- Not so much. This can get complicated.

How I would rank the major Companies (my opinion ONLY) --

1. USAA, but few people can get them. Gotta be retired Military or sumpthin.

2. Allstate. Decent company, operates in most States so if you have a problem out of State, they're usually there for you.

3. State Farm. Same thing.

There are also some VERY good regional companies out there. Their only draw back is that if you cruise on down to a State where they don't have a presence and have a situation, things can get a little dicey. They'll usually have to hire an Independent Adjuster and I'm just a little leery of Independents. Not sure that would change my mind, however.

Not crazy about Warren Buffet's politics, who is the majority stockholder in GEEKO. And their 'loyalty factor' isn't as strong as it could be.

Peter Lewis, the founder and CEO of Progressive, is one of the biggest *&%@#* in the Country. He keeps a portrait of Mao Tse Tung hanging on the wall of his office. What's that tell you?

Try to keep everything with the same COMPANY (not the same Agent) if at all possible. If not, all bets are off.

My ratingss are based pretty strongly on what I call Loyalty Factor. When you're perfect, everybody loves you. But....... You may not always be perfect. And having to shop for Insurance after some 'bad luck' can be problematic.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't care for AARP's politics but I do care about saving money. So far Foremost saved me a lot!

Time will tell if a claim is ever needed. If anyone has had claims with Foremost it would be good to hear the stories.

Quick Reply: Anybody have AARP Insurance ?