Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Anyone have experience with Progressive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 11:33 AM
coldduck
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with Progressive?

I bought a Fatboy Lo this weekend and I am currently looking for insurance. I had a Honda before and it was covered by Allstate but they are too expensive now. I've requested quotes from several companies but Progressive seems to be about half the price of everyone else. I like the price but I am curious why they are so cheap. Are they a good company or would it be better to pay more for good service from someone else?

Old 02-28-2010, 03:30 PM
shackFLHRC
3rd Gear

I currently use Progressive for my bike, and have for the last 8 years. Having said that I've never had a claim so I can't comment on their claim service. My wife used them for her vehicle a few years back and they were great when some bitch tried to sue her for a 2mph parking lot bump. If their bike insurance service is as good as their auto service, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, I'd say they're a great company. BTW I use Allstate for my homeowners and auto, they didn't offer motorcycle insurance until recently.
When purchasing bike insurance consider the important factors such as passenger protection, uninsured driver coverage and add-on coverage, just to name a few things. Not all policies are the same.

Last edited by shackFLHRC; 02-28-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:53 PM
FLYING
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Progressive is the best bike insurance out there.I have had them for years and the main reason is that you can have a Agreed Value Policy with them.That is to say that you tell them the bike is worth a agreed amount and as long as the policy is in effect and in the event of a total loss you will get the agreed value for the bike less the deductable.I have shopped around and they are the only ones who off this no matter what your zip code is,however the policy is more expensive but to me piece of mind is worth it!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Ultra-Rick
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I also beleive Progressive is the best bike insurance out there. I have had by bikes insured with them for years. I price around every year and no one has beat then yet. The only dealing I've had with their claims is when I was hit from behind in my car. The person who hit me had Progressive insurance and everything was handled great.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:41 PM
digFXDC
1st Gear

I agree with the people above. I changed bikes recently and they handled everything for me. All I had to do was go on a website and print off a new card. No claims ever (thank goodness) but to deal with they have been great. Hope it helps.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:04 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had Progressive for 4yrs. Had one claim for a dropped bike in a parking lot. They were quick to respond and settle with no disagreement on value of parts. My claim stayed under $1000 so there was no increase in premiums. Also they have $3000 accessory coverage at no extra cost.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Chief X
Former Sponsor

My policy came due last week - GEICO. I thought I would price shop to save a few bucks. GEICO is $759/yr for 3 bikes. I checked with Progressive, AllState and Foremost. Progressive was $1200 and change, Allstate was $785 and Foremost was $900 and change. I was surprised. My decision was simple.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain

I did the price check online for their insurance. It was a little more for their motorcycle insurance ($60) or so. However when I put in both of my cars it was almost double what I'm paying with State Farm. Not sure I want to trust my insurance with a ditzy red head named Flo when I can stop in at my local agency if I have a problem.

Just my .02

Christian

Old 03-02-2010, 06:30 PM
wolfehog
Intermediate

As I posted on another thread they were $1000/year cheaper on two motorcycles than Nationwide. Also the employees at F & S HD here in Dayton said they(Progressive) were nice to deal with.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
motrhd
Cruiser

I've had Progressive for over 5 years and have no complaints. I had one claim on a quad in '06, over $3,000 and no problem. I have tried to price check Geico in the past but they didn't cover bikes in MI at that time.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience with Progressive?