Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Cant belive how much money

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
mikeingoshen
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonynomoresti
I'm 25 in NJ mine is 978 an year with a clean driving record. I have Rider but I think they only do jersey maybe a few other states. Had a crotch rocket before the harley with points on my license it was 4k a year almost half the price of the bike!
that's insane i live in NY and i pay $247 a year, i'm 32 with some points due to me moving to orange county and not realizing that the LEO's here have nothing else to do but break the taxpayers ***** and give them BS tickets like 38 in a 30...

but anyway wow i wonder why jersey is so high, are you in jersey city or newark or something?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:01 AM
tonynomoresti
Intermediate

No, I live in very south jersey in bridgeton. There is nothing but woods around me. Even my car insurance is high. I had a subaru wrx sti that was 5700 a year, one reason why i sold it

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
Uninsured motorist rapes you on a bike.
In my opinion... money well spent!! Too many jerkoffs out there with no insurance and not enough insurance. It is when it happens that bites you in the azz!!! My .02

Old 11-21-2009, 01:54 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

In Florida you have thousands of blue hairs that run down bikers daily. Very dangerous place to ride.

Old 11-21-2009, 05:33 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
Uninsured motorist rapes you on a bike.

I think that also varies quite a bit depending on where you live, amount of coverage you want, and other factors.

I recently checked with Dairyland on the Uninsured Motorist Coverage and it's not all that expensive.

$25,000/$50,000 is only $28 a year while $100,000/$300,000 is $79 a year.

At least that is the quote they gave me.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:25 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got State Farm Insurance in Florida. I pay a $400 a year on each bike. The policy I have is pretty solid but I opted to go with a $500 deductible since I figured if I wreck it bad enough to claim on insurance, I probably won't be fixing it. The State Farm policy also covers 100% of what was paid for all after-market options added to the bike but you need pictures and receipts.
I looked into Progressive and their policy options sucked. They were significantly higher than State Farm for very similar coverage.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:24 AM
FlyHigh
Stage IV

I had the best luck with Progressive. I am 27 and ride a 09 FLHX... Same coverage w Geico was nearly double. Watch some coverages such as "medical payments" if you have decent health insurance you probably don't need that coverage.... there are a few other loop holes. Good Luck!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:36 PM
purvissp
Cruiser

I live in Delaware and I just got a quote of $438/yr from Frontier for my 2008 FXD. I am 63 years old with a perfect driving record and no claims.

I did go with the higher $100m-$300M liablility. Too many folks out there and hungry lawyers that want sue you if you have a problem.

I may shop around to see if I can bundle my car, house and bike and get a better rate with other companies.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by semperfi2094
I would give Sentry a call, I live in VA and get very good rates.
I'm using USAA via Progressive (USAA co-partners with Progressive for Motorcycle insurance). Anyway, this is my first bike, no experience as a rider and I pay $125.00 a year FULL COVERAGE.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:17 AM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance

Do you have hospitalization or health insurance for yourself and your spouse or sig. other (if she rides with you)? Do you carry passengers? The reason I ask is if the answer is yes for the first and no to the second, drop the uninsured coverage. It only covers bodily injury it does NOT cover any damage to the bike. Check your policy, but most are written this way. I have hospital and health and I donot carry passengers, therefore my insurance agent advised me that I really did not need to carry uninsured coverage. But again check both of your policies you may find out you don't need the coverage. Hope this helps. I have GEICO by the way.

Quick Reply: Cant belive how much money