Motorcycle Insurance Discussion This is the place to discuss what type of Motorcycle Insurance you carry or any problems or good experiences you've had with certain companies.

Insurance in Ontario, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Overcamber
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mantha

Originally Posted by IronLegend
I just recieved my renewal notification from Riders Plus and now they want like $1200 for my liability and fire & theft coverage. I contacted Mantha last week and they quoted me $828 for full coverage so I'm expecting a policy statement from them to arrive in the mail this week for me to look over and if the policy amount is the same as quoted over the phone then I'm switching for sure.

BTW...I've had no claims ever and no tickets for over 20 years.
I'm with mantha as well with a clean record..started 3 years ago going up at least $100 a year and no violations on my part and over forty with 25yrs bike experience..will start shopping around next summer if I see another increase..

Old 08-15-2009, 06:58 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Update...

Called my agent earlier this week as I didn't have my renewal papers yet (Sept. 1st). RidersPlus advised me that my policy was processed and my documents should be in the mail from Echelon. Said my policy was going up a grand total of $7.00.

Great (I can live with that easily), waited for my papers to arrive.
Arrived in the mail yesterday and to my suprise, Echelon had actually LOWERED my renewal by $30.00. That is the first time that I can remember in a very long time that my rates went down. Very happy with that!!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:40 PM
nitefly11
Cruiser

I've been using Primmum for the past couple of years, way cheaper then my regular insurer. Mine went down this year, full coverage is just over $500.00

Old 08-26-2009, 05:50 PM
brianFHP
3rd Gear
Default state farm about the same. its all ghastly.

Originally Posted by Ca.Fatlad
Try Riders Plus 1-877-251-1447,been using them since 2005,good rates and customer service
stae farm is similar in cost, they are all awful.
inthe US it may be cheaper cause of something to do with your health care separatley

Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Update for this year:

I was with Kingsway and they quoted me $1884 for this coming year.
Riders Plus got my business with their $1284 quote.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Lone Wolf In Canada
Intermediate

I went to Paul Mantha 3 years ago when he was just getting into bikes. Spoke with him personally. He said he only wants older riders, no crotch rockets, good driving records to keep prices low, he said he wants to cut into Riders Plus business as they were his main competitor. Great price 3 years ago of 900.00 Last year Mantha sponsored the Toronto bike show and became huge, I called 1 month before my renewal to ask what it will cost and was put to the "2nd floor" where a man told me he didn't know how much it would be for this year, it comes from the underwriter. One week after the coverage started ( yes , after the coverage started) into the new term I got the invoice in the mail, went up $250 and the coverage was reduced. I called and 2 days later a male returned my call stating "everyone's went up".
This year I called Manthas 1 month before the new season and was put over to a womans voicemail. Two days later she returned my call stating she's very busy, didn't know what it will be this year as they don't send out the invoice and not told by the underwriter... yes I heard that last year. I told her I want to know asap because I'll go shopping. She told me she does know it went up, everyones did, and call her in two weeks. I called in two weeks and she didn't know the price.
I said "how is it when I'm already insured you don't know what it will cost but if I call back I can get a quote in 5 minutes?" She can't answer that.
I got an invoice shortly after that showing the insurance went up 320.00 from the previous year. No explanations, I've been riding 30 years, 08 HD Electra Glide, no tickets, no impaireds.
I called back and again got voice mail. I left a message to call me. Nothing.
I sent a letter indicating to stop insurance and stop withdrawing monthly payments from me.
I emailed the company addressed to Paul Mantha himself telling him why I went to TD Insurance and how in 3 years he became so big he can't talk to people, ever since the Toronto bike show sponsorship, he forgot the original people who got him going.
I never got a response.
You form your own opinion.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:32 AM
niagararedhill
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ngoti8tor
I'm with Kingsway and pay $2484 per year. I've got 4 speeding tickets in the past 3 years and even though I've had my licence for 35 years, I'm classed like a new rider since I wasn't insured in the past 5 years.
This was the best rate I found from about 10 places that I called.
It's supposed to come down this year because I'll have 1 year of recent experience and 1 ticket will disappear, but I'll be searching for a better rate, just in case.

holy ****...that's steep

Old 05-14-2012, 01:36 PM
drex
Intermediate
Default 2012 Ontario Insurance

I called around to a few of the big companies and Mantha with Jevco comes out the cheapest.
TD was over twice as expensive for a 2012 Electra Classic UL.

They've been pretty good on the phone too, and use a bit of common sense rather than strickly by the book policy.
Still not happy with the amount of the policy, but you have to consider what is being insured and how long I've been driving (back on 2 wheels only a year).

Old 05-15-2012, 07:03 AM
hrmbusiness
Stage III

nowadays everyone recommendation in motorbike, In our life bike good/bad experience and i appreciated everyone use this motor insurance and safe life.......

Old 05-29-2012, 02:45 AM
john smith0341
1st Gear

There is a lot of insurance companies in Canada you may search out on internet and you will get many results.I also know one company.

Quick Reply: Insurance in Ontario, Canada