Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless CarPlay Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2021 | 03:29 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Weird... when you turn the bike on, does the module ever show up in your phone's BT settings under "other devices" (thats stuff the phone sees that its not yet paired with)?

If so, click on it in your phone and see if that will initiated the process. My truck was a pain to get it to work at first too... then all of a sudden it just did it. I think it was an extension cable I was using that was its problem, but I really don't know.

One other thing, might not matter, but I had the module plugged in before I turned the ignition switch on.

Old 07-25-2021 | 03:33 PM
Former USMC
Cruiser
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
Weird... when you turn the bike on, does the module ever show up in your phone's BT settings under "other devices" (thats stuff the phone sees that its not yet paired with)?

If so, click on it in your phone and see if that will initiated the process. My truck was a pain to get it to work at first too... then all of a sudden it just did it. I think it was an extension cable I was using that was its problem, but I really don't know.
Ssitruc,

Negative...never shows up on my iPhone under the Bluetooth section - other devices...my Boom Box GTS shows up however...as My Devices...but not the dongle under Other Devices.

Old 07-26-2021 | 12:08 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Just one more thing... just being sure, you do have your headset hooked up, right?
I ask, because this won't (I don't believe) make that requirement go away. You just don't have to have the phone plugged in to the USB.

Car play will come up on mine with out plugging the phone in to the USB, and without using a head set because I have WHIM enabled (but not actually installed) AND I have the mic disabled (the old "work around" before HD and Apple put the kibosh on it, and I haven't changed it). Of course if I was to talk to the system or on the phone I have to plug a headset in.

On the off chance, I was just making sure you had your wireless headset connected while trying to get this done.
See posts 31 & 32 from this thread below
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...oom-gts-4.html

Old 07-26-2021 | 12:57 PM
Former USMC
Cruiser
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
Just one more thing... just being sure, you do have your headset hooked up, right?
I ask, because this won't (I don't believe) make that requirement go away. You just don't have to have the phone plugged in to the USB.

Car play will come up on mine with out plugging the phone in to the USB, and without using a head set because I have WHIM enabled (but not actually installed) AND I have the mic disabled (the old "work around" before HD and Apple put the kibosh on it, and I haven't changed it). Of course if I was to talk to the system or on the phone I have to plug a headset in.

On the off chance, I was just making sure you had your wireless headset connected while trying to get this done.
See posts 31 & 32 from this thread below
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...oom-gts-4.html
Negative...my helmet with the HD Sena 30 is sitting on the shelf...I'll try turning on my Sena 30...and then bike...wait until it connects...then try the dongle... I'll try it without BT activated and with it activated...I'll also try connecting my iPhone via cable to USB and bring up CarPlay and then switch out my phone for the dongle...let you know what happens.

Thanks for your persistence...

WHOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!

The trick is to turn on the SENA 30, then Harley...wait until you hear connected to Boom Box...plug in dongle...took me three tries...but it now works...no more plugging in the iPhone...
Ssitruc - Sir - I don't know you, but if you ever get to Southern California - lunch is on me...or dinner...or just a cold beer. Thank you very much...

Semper Fi

Last edited by Former USMC; 07-26-2021 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-26-2021 | 01:37 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Thats cool lol it was just bugging me... glad you got it going!

The following users liked this post:
Former USMC (07-26-2021)