Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated GTS software to MY21.20.28.00

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 04:51 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts

Ok, here's the deal, I'm in fact recalling this correctly. Download the zip file to your computer, open the zip file, then drag the ISO file to your USB stick.

Windows sees ISO files as compressed hard drives, if you click on the ISO file within the zip file, windows will display the files within the ISO file.

So just open the zip file on your computer (do not open this ISO file), copy the ISO file to your USB stick.

Old 02-05-2021, 06:47 AM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Ok, here's the deal, I'm in fact recalling this correctly. Download the zip file to your computer, open the zip file, then drag the ISO file to your USB stick.

Windows sees ISO files as compressed hard drives, if you click on the ISO file within the zip file, windows will display the files within the ISO file.

So just open the zip file on your computer (do not open this ISO file), copy the ISO file to your USB stick.

Is this a new GTS update? I see the date is 2/5/21. Thanks.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:03 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

2/5/21 is the date that he modified it on his computer.

Old 02-07-2021, 08:21 AM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I download the file to my usb memory stick but I'm still a little nervous about updating the GTS system. I'm thinking about everytime I get and update for the IOS on my iPhone, seems like something is deleted or added and it's a new learning curve. I haven't had any issues with the GTS on my 2019 RG, so I'm not sure about the update. Is there any disadvantage of not upgrading?

Old 02-07-2021, 08:45 AM
cvosjoe
Cruiser
Received 83 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by flhrbill
I download the file to my usb memory stick but I'm still a little nervous about updating the GTS system. I'm thinking about everytime I get and update for the IOS on my iPhone, seems like something is deleted or added and it's a new learning curve. I haven't had any issues with the GTS on my 2019 RG, so I'm not sure about the update. Is there any disadvantage of not upgrading?
There have been some good fixes in the updates, especially to the navigation. I believe there have been updates for Carplay and Android Auto. The only thing I've noticed after doing an update is that some of the settings are changed. Only takes a few minutes to change back to the settings you had. Worthwhile to update.

Old 02-07-2021, 08:48 AM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

We are thinking alike my friend.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:01 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts

LOL i guess im lucky, i do every update on my iphone the day they come out, it's actually set to auto update, same on my bike, so far i've never had one single issue on either.

Old 02-07-2021, 07:19 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

i've updated both mine and my wife's 2019 rgs and have never had an issue. there was one update that did something and they released another update within a week or two. whatever it broke, it wasn't something i did often so i never noticed it. then they fixed it and i still haven't noticed it.

Old 02-07-2021, 09:54 PM
RiderX
Road Master
Received 301 Likes on 183 Posts

It is always a great idea to update. The updates will include things like new features and capabilities and almost always bug fixes.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:36 AM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

So I worked up the nerve to install the new GTS update. Much to my surprise my 2019 RG had the MY21.20.28.00 software. If this is a NEW update, I don't understand how my bike already had it installed. I did buy the bike new in December. 2019. I've brought it back on the routine milage requirements and for the primary/trans oil vent fix but never for the GTS update.

Glad I have the new update. Guess I won't have to worry about it until the newest of new updates come out.

Last edited by flhrbill; 02-11-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Updated GTS software to MY21.20.28.00