Sponsored by:

Updated GTS software to MY21.20.28.00

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 08:26 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RiderX
Instead of unplugging and reconnecting your phone, have you tried unlocking your iPhone? I noticed that when this happens to me sometimes, I have to simply unlock my iPhone and then the CarPlay option appears. The other thing you can to to almost guarantee CarPlay comes up every time is make sure your iPhone is plugged in and unlocked before you turn on your bike. This should work every time.
It shouldn't matter. It just needs to work already! If my 30k is connected and my phone Is plugged in it should just come up with no BS!

Old 08-19-2020, 06:47 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by RiderX
Instead of unplugging and reconnecting your phone, have you tried unlocking your iPhone? I noticed that when this happens to me sometimes, I have to simply unlock my iPhone and then the CarPlay option appears. The other thing you can to to almost guarantee CarPlay comes up every time is make sure your iPhone is plugged in and unlocked before you turn on your bike. This should work every time.
Yes it should, but it does not. I have tried that. My iPhone is always set to allow CarPlay when locked.

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
It shouldn't matter. It just needs to work already! If my 30k is connected and my phone Is plugged in it should just come up with no BS!
Exactly, it does every time in my truck and my car, both of which are older than my bike. Also both of which have never had a software update...

Harley needs to get their **** together, but never will.

Old 08-19-2020, 07:10 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave
Yes it should, but it does not. I have tried that. My iPhone is always set to allow CarPlay when locked.

Exactly, it does every time in my truck and my car, both of which are older than my bike. Also both of which have never had a software update...

Harley needs to get their **** together, but never will.
I use a wired headset and mine now connects every time when my phone is plugged in prior to starting the bike. Running MY21.20.28.00.

The following users liked this post:
FLSTFI Dave (08-21-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 07:23 AM
Scanbike
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Error occurred, please reconnect your usb cable.

I tried four different usb cables two cell phones and the same error every time. all latest software update in mobile phone and GTS.

1.force stop of android auto app
2.delete android auto app data and buffer storage
3.delete stored cars / mc in AA app

Then Android Auto worked!
Only thing i have to do every time i stop for petrol filling is put the ignition key in the accessory to avoid having to plug the usb cable in and out.
this fixed the "error occurred, please reconnect your usb cable" for me using Samsung S10e whit Android Auto.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:26 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,602 Likes on 2,725 Posts

Originally Posted by Scanbike
I tried four different usb cables two cell phones and the same error every time. all latest software update in mobile phone and GTS.

1.force stop of android auto app
2.delete android auto app data and buffer storage
3.delete stored cars / mc in AA app

Then Android Auto worked!
Only thing i have to do every time i stop for petrol filling is put the ignition key in the accessory to avoid having to plug the usb cable in and out.
this fixed the "error occurred, please reconnect your usb cable" for me using Samsung S10e whit Android Auto.
I did this, it worked for a while, then back to erroring out.

The following users liked this post:
Scanbike (08-30-2020)
Old 02-03-2021, 04:12 PM
bjf
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to the Boom GTS software update page?

Does anyone know what happened to the BOOM! Box GTS Infotainment System software update web page? The link I had, https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...m-box-gts.html, doesn't work now. I get "Page Not Found" error? Maybe just temporarily down?

Old 02-03-2021, 04:24 PM
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 5,798 Likes on 2,372 Posts

Originally Posted by bjf
Does anyone know what happened to the BOOM! Box GTS Infotainment System software update web page? The link I had, https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...m-box-gts.html, doesn't work now. I get "Page Not Found" error? Maybe just temporarily down?
https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....user/loginForm

Old 02-03-2021, 04:27 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 484 Likes on 368 Posts
Old 02-04-2021, 11:53 AM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

Once I download this file to a USB, then I just plug it into the bike port and select update on the radio? I don't need to do anything else with it first do I? Total nube at this stuff...

Old 02-04-2021, 12:26 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,602 Likes on 2,725 Posts

Originally Posted by MCSarge
Once I download this file to a USB, then I just plug it into the bike port and select update on the radio? I don't need to do anything else with it first do I? Total nube at this stuff...
There are instructions (somewhere) as to how to turn on the bike to get it to recognize there's an update. But dont copy the .ZIP file to the USB stick. Within the .ZIP file, there will be a large .ISO file. Copy that to your USB.

Quick Reply: Updated GTS software to MY21.20.28.00