Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated GTS software to MY21.20.28.00

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 05:06 PM
cvosjoe
Cruiser
Received 83 Likes on 46 Posts

Took the bike out for a 250 mile ride today after upgrading to the new software version. As already mentioned the next turn freezing is fixed. However the time remaining until destination still hasn't been fixed. Sometimes it shows correctly but for the most part it matches the time to via. Something I noticed about the time to turn. If you are more than 3 minutes from your turn or via it displays -- min. When you get under 3 minutes it displays 2 then 1 then 0. Soon as you hit hit the turn or via it resets back to -- min unless you are within the 3 minutes time frame.

The following users liked this post:
craigffb (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 08:03 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
That is fixed on mine. If I plug my phone in before starting my bike CarPlay will come on again without having to unplug. This update fixed it.
Still hit and miss wether car play comes up consistently.
If car play is up on ignition ON and I start the bike a few seconds later and the GTS restarts then car play does not come back up unless the phone is unplugged and re plugged back in. I can replicate it every time. It's just annoying. If the GTS system senses both the headset (Wired or Whim) is satisfied and the phone is already plugged in then CarPlay should automatically come up.

Smitty

Old 08-05-2020, 08:14 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
Still hit and miss wether car play comes up consistently.
If car play is up on ignition ON and I start the bike a few seconds later and the GTS restarts then car play does not come back up unless the phone is unplugged and re plugged back in. I can replicate it every time. It's just annoying. If the GTS system senses both the headset (Wired or Whim) is satisfied and the phone is already plugged in then CarPlay should automatically come up.

Smitty
Mine works every time I start the bike just like it did before. I use a wired headset.

Old 08-06-2020, 01:24 PM
Smittyjf
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
Mine works every time I start the bike just like it did before. I use a wired headset.
It may be something with the WHIM then.

The following users liked this post:
craigffb (08-06-2020)
Old 08-09-2020, 07:12 AM
fathead1137
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Anyone having issues with the Apple CarPlay with the new update. It goes in and out randomly

Old 08-09-2020, 11:58 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 366 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by fathead1137
Anyone having issues with the Apple CarPlay with the new update. It goes in and out randomly
I would change the phone usb cable, and make sure it's OEM Apple cable.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:38 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,988 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by fathead1137
Originally Posted by 30glock
I would change the phone usb cable, and make sure it's OEM Apple cable.
Yep. Mine started doing that. Replaced the cable and the in and out stopped. Still comes up some times after a stop, and some times it does not.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:11 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts

After the latest update, I started having connectivity issues (Android Auto icon would show on the bike, but no AA screen when I touched the AA button), so I went into setup on the bike - on Android Auto, and it had 2 pairings with my bike, so, I deleted both, then deleted and re-paired Blutooth, and all appears to be fine now. Just something for all ya Android users to check into.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:10 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,526 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by Smittyjf
They need to fix the car play restarting after a shutdown of the bike and start back up. If I stop somewhere and leave my phone plugged in (along with my Hd 30k headset already on) you need to start the bike and unplug the phone and replug it in to get car play back up (Only in that order too!)

1) If the phone is plugged in
2) and either the BT headset is on or the wired headset is plugged in it should automatically come back up without unplugging and replugging the phone back in.

The issue is HD wants you to use a headset so bad that it causes glitches like this.

Smitty
I have this same issue on Android Auto. No matter the situation...cold start or making a stop and restarting my bike, I ALWAYS have to make sure I plug my phone back in to get AA to restart. Also I cant plug the phone in to fast or AA never starts.

Also most time my music will not auto restart in AA. Even after AA starts, I have to manually restart it. But sometimes it does auto start. lol Not sure what causes it to start sometimes. My 17 radio i just used a usb drive for my music and it would just start playing when the HU finished booting up....which was like 5 min.

Old 08-10-2020, 04:31 PM
Robtarra39
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

i had same issue after update and did the same as you nd has been good ever since

Quick Reply: Updated GTS software to MY21.20.28.00