Sponsored by:

GTS radio arrived for GT swap but USB cable delayed

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019 | 01:19 PM
Heatwave
|

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
Today’s findings with the new GTS.
installed the GTS in my ‘17 CVO SG, used existing cable, and existing XM module.
Booted radio and the boot up screen even showed CVO, which surprised me, using Diag4Bike set geographic location to N America, enabled the WHIM, enabled all the necessary functions and viola, Car Play works, Siri works, Sirius XM works.
I learned that the only difference in the newer part number for the USB cable could be and most likely, a supply vendor change and HD will identify that with either a new part number or a revision letter.
Here to tell you the cable and the Sirius/XM module work fine.....
what HD dealer can’t do using DigiTech, as in making CarPlay work w/o the actual WHIM and all, Diag4Bike can.
Sweet...where can someone get Diag4bike? I need to get a number of other digital changes to the bike that I planned for my local dealer but if I could do it myself with Diag4bike I would definitely consider it.
  • Can it make changes like enabling the Hi-beams to stay ON with the passing lights ON?
  • Can it swap the cruise control and PTT button functionality?
  • Can it activate the CoolFan functionality?
  • Can it mate a new CVO Key FOB?
  • Can it enable the Aux input on the Boom GTS audio?

Last edited by Heatwave; 12-21-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2019 | 02:17 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Sweet...where can someone get Diag4bike? Various places, eBay for one. Careful as some are selling unit w older software version that require an expensive update, and as bikes change the software needs updating to connect. I need to get a number of other digital changes to the bike that I planned for my local dealer but if I could do it myself with Diag4bike I would definitely consider it.
  • Can it make changes like enabling the Hi-beams to stay ON with the passing lights ON? You mean enable Passing lights on w High Beams YES
  • Can it swap the cruise control and PTT button functionality? I am unsure as I never checked into it ! I think I read it cannot, HD DigiTech can’t
  • Can it activate the CoolFan functionality?
    I believe yes, again would have to look
  • Can it mate a new CVO Key FOB?
    Yes to programming key Fobs
  • Can it enable the Aux input on the Boom GTS audio?
    Yes
I can program bikes if you are willing to travel and or live near by. My rates are inexpensive, just saying !!!

Old 12-21-2019 | 03:04 PM
Heatwave
|

I can program bikes if you are willing to travel and or live near by. My rates are inexpensive, just saying !!!
I know that HD Digitech can do the swap of the Cruise and PTT buttons because I had it done on my 1st 2017 CVO.

Old 12-21-2019 | 04:15 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

I know that HD Digitech can do the swap of the Cruise and PTT buttons because I had it done on my 1st 2017 CVO.
I will look into it and let you know I had heard that the dealers could not do it

Old 12-21-2019 | 05:18 PM
30glock
Road Warrior

Thats been going on for a couple years now.

Old 12-21-2019 | 08:06 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master

I installed the GTS radio and used the same USB that was on the bike and have no problems. Did the update to the radio as soon as installed

Old 12-21-2019 | 10:57 PM
Heatwave
|

I will look into it and let you know I had heard that the dealers could not do it
Here's the TT from HD on the PTT?Cruise button swap.

Old 12-22-2019 | 01:41 PM
Jonny9toes
Intermediate

What was the fix??????

Originally Posted by BigT12
I installed the new GTS radio in my 2017 StreetGlide. I had brought it to the dealer to get the system enabled. I had them enable the WHIM feature but forgot to ask them to disable the microphone in an attempt to get Apple CarPlay to work. No luck the CarPlay didn’t work. It was recommended to me to try to do a system reset...pre calibration reset in the service menu to see if it would possible help with getting the Apple CarPlay to work. Here is results:

Old 12-22-2019 | 09:43 PM
liberty.mike
Advanced

I did this upgrade, a new GTS in my 17 Glide. It beeped until I visited the dealer, haha. They did a flash and the radio works but later after getting on the road I found the CB didn't work, and I can't sync my Sena to whim. I am heading back in the morning and plan to school the tech. The USB cable required is identical to the stock installed cable.

Old 12-27-2019 | 08:20 AM
Heatwave
|

FYI, I called Harley Customer Service about the USB cable. While they could NOT tell me what was different, they did inform me that the new USB cable is different from the original factory usb cable in my 2017 CVO Limited that is installed with the GT BOOM radio.

They recommended that the USB cable be replaced with the new USB cable as listed in the new BOOM GTS description. My new usb cable is shipping today from Surdyke and given the GTS radio was $1500, what’s another $30 for the updated USB cable.

Quick Reply: GTS radio arrived for GT swap but USB cable delayed