Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS radio arrived for GT swap but USB cable delayed

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019 | 11:10 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Surdyke states cables on back order till end of month.... That means they won't be arriving till second week of Jan... Yep moving forward w/o and will replace it if nessc at a later date! Diag4Bike software hopefully allows me to ✔️ all the boxes and not require the WHIM for Car Play

Old 12-19-2019 | 11:11 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hattitude
Just curious... does anyone know....

I've looked at adding the GTS to my 2016 Ultra Classic.... but I use a thumb drive, plugged into the USB cable for all my music...

Does the new GTS still allow for that? Or is it strictly set up for all the cellphone carplay/android audio type stuff...?

Thanks for any insight...
Same as GT radio

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019 | 01:48 PM
Old Sport
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

Subscribed... Planning for a 2020 project myself. Appreciate any experience shared along the way.

Old 12-19-2019 | 05:36 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by hattitude
Just curious... does anyone know....

I've looked at adding the GTS to my 2016 Ultra Classic.... but I use a thumb drive, plugged into the USB cable for all my music...

Does the new GTS still allow for that? Or is it strictly set up for all the cellphone carplay/android audio type stuff...?

Thanks for any insight...
Yes a thumb drive worked on my GTS

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (12-20-2019)
Old 12-19-2019 | 06:08 PM
The Q
Road Warrior

Not trying to highjack this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using the SiriusXM module from the GT in to the GTS.

Old 12-19-2019 | 06:24 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Originally Posted by The Q
Not trying to highjack this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using the SiriusXM module from the GT in to the GTS.
Post #6

Old 12-19-2019 | 07:15 PM
BigT12
Cruiser

I installed the new GTS radio in my 2017 StreetGlide. I had brought it to the dealer to get the system enabled. I had them enable the WHIM feature but forgot to ask them to disable the microphone in an attempt to get Apple CarPlay to work. No luck the CarPlay didn’t work. It was recommended to me to try to do a system reset...pre calibration reset in the service menu to see if it would possible help with getting the Apple CarPlay to work. Here is results:

Old 12-19-2019 | 08:43 PM
cactusred
Road Master

Did it work when you left the dealer after they flashed/enabled the system. I do not have the new gts on my 17 but had thought down the road, I may do that. Would seem like if it worked when you left dealer gotta be something simple. Hope you find an easy fix to get this going, doubt a connector would do it, but might make sure everything is connected correctly, tight, etc.

Old 12-20-2019 | 08:02 AM
Bigt001
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cactusred
Did it work when you left the dealer after they flashed/enabled the system. I do not have the new gts on my 17 but had thought down the road, I may do that. Would seem like if it worked when you left dealer gotta be something simple. Hope you find an easy fix to get this going, doubt a connector would do it, but might make sure everything is connected correctly, tight, etc.
Yes it worked fine before the system reset. I am told this might be a program glitch with this new radio release

Old 12-21-2019 | 12:35 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Today’s findings with the new GTS.
installed the GTS in my ‘17 CVO SG, used existing cable, and existing XM module.
Booted radio and the boot up screen even showed CVO, which surprised me, using Diag4Bike set geographic location to N America, enabled the WHIM, enabled all the necessary functions and viola, Car Play works, Siri works, Sirius XM works.
I learned that the only difference in the newer part number for the USB cable could be and most likely, a supply vendor change and HD will identify that with either a new part number or a revision letter.
Here to tell you the cable and the Sirius/XM module work fine.....
what HD dealer can’t do using DigiTech, as in making CarPlay work w/o the actual WHIM and all, Diag4Bike can.

Last edited by GlidingJoe; 12-21-2019 at 12:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GlidingJoe:
Cosmic Razorback (12-31-2019), Old Sport (05-03-2020)

Quick Reply: GTS radio arrived for GT swap but USB cable delayed