Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like Harley has made the BOOM GTS upgradeable for '14-'18 Rushmores

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019 | 12:43 PM
londo-cat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by styledriver
Is the new BCM plus FOBs only needed for the TPMS to operate? Or are these needed anyway? Can you be more exact?
thanks, K.
The BCM was *JUST* for the TPMS. You don't need the updated BCM for the upgraded infotainment or the upgraded Speedo/Tach, those work fine with the stock 2014 BCM.

I upgraded the Infotainment and Speedo/Tach cluster first first - then decided I wanted the TPMS - so then pulled off the wheels and then found that the throat for the TPMS on the stock wheels had to be modified. Then I found out I needed a BCM upgrade for it all to work.

My HD Dealer mechanic told me all the stuff I needed to do prior to TPMS on the stock rims and sent me to a place that would bore the throat for the TPMS sensor. Now - if you want to spend even MORE money, you can get a MY20 rims and those are already modified for TPMS sensors - so no need to retrofit. "Model fitment information: MY20 and later OEM/Stock Touring wheels."

Old 12-28-2019 | 01:02 PM
londo-cat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by voodoodrug
interesting. so the tpms threshold can be adjusted ?...heard you could not....for now tire pressure spot on or higher to keep the warning light off
One of the riders I know had problems with his TPMS - so HD *adjusted* his TPMS thresholds. Mine have the stock values - since I rarely ride two up. But as he had more gear his TPMS kept going off - so he brought it in and they adjusted it. All values can be set by the digital assistant. I asked my mechanic and he said that you can modify the values but only on the DA software. Next time he has the DA up and running - Ill ask him to show me that page so I can upload it here.

The following users liked this post:
voodoodrug (12-28-2019)
Old 06-19-2020 | 04:26 AM
havinabubble
Supporter
Supporter
Question

fast forward to June 2020... is anyone aware of why the Retro Fit Boom! Box GTS Radio Ki t Part Number: 76000834A no longer available?

went into a Dealer here in Blighty yesterday to get a quote and was told a) that part number does not exist b) there is NO listing for a Boom GTS that fits my 2017, or older than 2019/2020 bikes.

Old 06-19-2020 | 09:37 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Go to another dealership. It's a valid part number as well as clearly shows it on H-D website as you noted

http://www.surdyke.com. Search the part number.

Many places still available.

Old 06-19-2020 | 09:42 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 06-19-2020 | 10:30 AM
havinabubble
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
Go to another dealership. It's a valid part number as well as clearly shows it on H-D website as you noted

http://www.surdyke.com. Search the part number.

Many places still available.

cheers GJ, I've dropped another dealer this side of the pond, a line, and we'll see where this goes...

Originally Posted by mikes300
so after a little online digging it would seem I may have been given the wrong part number in the beginning for my FLHXS... 76000829A is for the batwing, and 76000834A for the shark nose.

The curve ball comes when I try and search it comes up with "ooops Unexpected internal server error. Please refresh the page and try again." and then says "ITEM CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE" (on either part).

I had initially wanted to buy the unit THIS side of the water, so in the event there is a problem I can get local support with it. But its slowly looking like shipping and import is going to have to be applied if I want to get my hands on this unit

Old 06-19-2020 | 04:55 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

not so fast, even on this side of the pond it states 'item currently unavailable'.... (this is from the link that mikes300 posted above)

Old 06-20-2020 | 10:25 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
not so fast, even on this side of the pond it states 'item currently unavailable'.... (this is from the link that mikes300 posted above)

probably just a lack of supply at the moment, its happening to a lot of stuff now.

The following users liked this post:
havinabubble (06-23-2020)
Old 06-30-2020 | 06:56 PM
TriDan
Cruiser

I ordered one of the GTS BOOM radios for my '14 CVO about two weeks ago when they were sold out.

Today I called just to see if there was a change and they dealer said it's been shipped and should be here this week.

I'm trying to read up and see if the XM from the 6.5 GT will drop into the GTS radio. I see it both ways. I'd rather not spend $400 if I don't have to.

CB, Intercom, WHIM, all should drop in from what I read. Just the XM is a question to me.

Old 06-30-2020 | 07:50 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by TriDan
I ordered one of the GTS BOOM radios for my '14 CVO about two weeks ago when they were sold out.

Today I called just to see if there was a change and they dealer said it's been shipped and should be here this week.

I'm trying to read up and see if the XM from the 6.5 GT will drop into the GTS radio. I see it both ways. I'd rather not spend $400 if I don't have to.

CB, Intercom, WHIM, all should drop in from what I read. Just the XM is a question to me.

The XM module will fit right into the GTS and most features will work. Though I read somewhere that the new XM module for the GTS has more cache built into it to allow, I believe the weather radar and some other feature to operate properly.

Quick Reply: Looks like Harley has made the BOOM GTS upgradeable for '14-'18 Rushmores