Sponsored by:

2017 CVO exhaust / mufflers / slip-ons Fullsac

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 01:20 PM
hypecat
Tourer
Received 137 Likes on 43 Posts
Default 2017 CVO exhaust / mufflers / slip-ons Fullsac

I have a stock 2017 FLHTCU 107 and I'm looking for a little louder exhaust. I came across a set of 2017 CVO mufflers. I have not tried them on the bike as of yet, but was thinking of putting in Fullsac baffles and the Fullsac Techmat kit. It is important for me to be able to hear the radio at all speeds up to 80 MPH and I don't want any drone.

So, can anyone tell me if the stock CVO mufflers will sound better, loader than the stock 107 mufflers? If they aren't loud enough stock, can anyone recommend the Fullsac baffle size, 1.75", 2.0" or 2.25"?

Thank you!

Old 06-06-2019, 01:48 PM
LN Nation
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a 2019 RGU (114") with Fullsac 2.0" baffles installed in CVO mufflers. They weren't much louder than stock but then I added the MX headers. This is the sound I was looking for. I can still hear the stereo at 80 mph and they don't drone. If you don't want to change your headers, you may want to get the larger 2.5" Fullsac baffles. I think you'll be happy.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Cant speak on the fullsac cores but the stock cvo mufflers that came on my 2019 cvo sounded like farting in a paper bag, pretty disheartening but then again that is the opinion of my ears, others will vary.

Old 06-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Hairy Larry
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 4,605 Likes on 3,219 Posts

I put some stock CVO mufflers on my RG and they did not sound much different than stock. I then put in the 2" baffles and the MX headpipe from Fullsac after I installed my torque cam. It sounds much better now but not loud. It barks pretty nice on heavy throttle in low gear but it's a nice low rumble when cruising at highway speeds. I wear a full face helmet and listen to music while touring and don't notice the sound.

Last edited by Hairy Larry; 06-06-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:11 AM
hypecat
Tourer

These CVO mufflers are from a 2017, if you look at the end, you can see through them... I'm not sure if that makes a difference, but the 2018 and 2019, if you look, you cannot see through them.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:44 AM
jmeyer58
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

The CVO mufflers are pretty quiet. With 2” Fullsac baffles I think they sound great. Put a header on and they do get loud. Start with the Fullsac and if they’re still to quiet, add the header.

Old 06-07-2019, 07:45 AM
h7009
Tourer
Received 121 Likes on 78 Posts

Hycat, before you do anything, take the "Cat" out of your headpipe. You can do this with a 12" drill bit from Home Depot and remove your right side muffler and drill away. Put the muffler back on and drive it a while. You might just be happy with that, also if you are planning on camming it, take out cat with cam (of your choice, I have the 22X) and run stock mufflers. Youo might be surprised! Good luck, CSM-H

Old 06-07-2019, 07:53 AM
hypecat
Tourer

My bike is under warranty until October, so I'm a bit hesitant to remove the cat at this time. On my 2012 I removed the cat and was very happy with the stock mufflers.

Will the CVO mufflers sound any different that the stock mufflers? I suppose I need to bolt them on and listen for myself... I was hoping to improve the sound either with the CVO mufflers or by adding the Fullsac baffles to them.

I don't plan on a cam, probably the most I would do would be to remove the cat and possibly add a high flow intake.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:40 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 996 Posts

Originally Posted by hypecat
My bike is under warranty until October, so I'm a bit hesitant to remove the cat at this time. On my 2012 I removed the cat and was very happy with the stock mufflers.

Will the CVO mufflers sound any different that the stock mufflers? I suppose I need to bolt them on and listen for myself... I was hoping to improve the sound either with the CVO mufflers or by adding the Fullsac baffles to them.

I don't plan on a cam, probably the most I would do would be to remove the cat and possibly add a high flow intake.
If you send your stock mufflers to Fullsac they will remove the stock baffles and install 2" or 2.25" cores. By sending them in they retain the stock look and the stock packing. They aren't much louder than stock, just a little. I have done it both ways, cutting the mufflers and installing the cores myself and sending them in and having Fullsac do it and them doing it is better IMHO. I am not talking about CVO mufflers, just the stock touring mufflers.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:58 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
If you send your stock mufflers to Fullsac they will remove the stock baffles and install 2" or 2.25" cores. By sending them in they retain the stock look and the stock packing. They aren't much louder than stock, just a little. I have done it both ways, cutting the mufflers and installing the cores myself and sending them in and having Fullsac do it and them doing it is better IMHO. I am not talking about CVO mufflers, just the stock touring mufflers.

I checked with them and was quoted $400 to do my cvo mufflers, plus I had to pay to ship them there and pay to ship them back, at that point you're into a good aftermarket set price wise.

Quick Reply: 2017 CVO exhaust / mufflers / slip-ons Fullsac