Sponsored by:

Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 11:24 AM
05cvoeg
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Magnaflow

Has anyone using the hitman mufflers ever tried to rotate the end caps.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:26 PM
Ashnic
Road Warrior
Received 271 Likes on 107 Posts

Had to on mine...not a real problem..

Old 04-20-2019, 01:24 AM
XWFONinja
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi, I have a set of MF Hitman's on my 17 RK SP. I have been very happy with these mufflers and I think they are one of the best sounding options available. I had to replace one of the end caps due to backing into a parking spot and ramming it into a taller than normal curb. Whoops.

The end cap mounts internally to the baffle. Once you remove the external bolts for the end cap you are also trying to spin or remove the baffle. You'll see 3 additional bolts that mount the end cap together to the baffle once you remove it. I don't think you will be able to just spin it easily without removing it completely.
Especially if you have some miles with them on the bike.

You may need to remove the muffler completely from the bike, put onto clean towel or something to protect it from getting scratched up on the work bench then hose it down with WD-40 or something of the sort. Especially at the area inside just beyond where it mounts to the header/crossover pipe. Let it sit for the WD to do its job and then carefully pry or pull on the end cap. If you have a good way to carefully mount the muffler onto a vise or an extra set of hands, even better.

Hopefully that helps some, good luck.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:32 AM
05cvoeg
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

After wiggling back and forth for a while now finally got them lose. I just turned the whole baffle and cap at the same time

Old 04-21-2019, 10:18 AM
TexasScott
Tourer
Received 224 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Love them

Have them on the backside of a V&H power dual header. Sound is awesome and fairly unique. Even the dealer who put them on (did torque cam, HF intake at the same time) said they haven’t seen many Magnaflows.

I left the end cap alone as it lined up with my NastyHog CVO fender perfectly.

One down side side is that you will have to remove the left pipe every time you drop the rear wheel. The 4.5” pipe will not let the axel out. Or I haven’t yet found the trick.

Last thing is is that low sound that I like so much is precisely a nasty resonant frequency in my full face helmet. Not an issue in the half helmet I use except when cross country riding. Solved this by adding a pair of Bose noise concealing headphones plugged into my Sena 30K. That setup just plain rocks!

Gearing up up for a return trip to the Dragon soon. Can’t wait to take my upgrades on the long ride.