Sponsored by:

M8 Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 02:17 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,989 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Originally Posted by wildtxn

Just back from picking mine up from the 131 kit, SE Cannons, Heavy Breather 134 HP 151 TQ, SE Tuner
All H-D parts and warranty complianrt? That SAE or STD?

Biggest numbers I have seen for the 131 Kit yet on any forum by quite a bit.

Old 08-21-2020, 03:13 PM
wildtxn
Cruiser

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

All H-D parts and warranty complianrt? That SAE or STD?
Honestly I'd have to ask them whether it was SAE or STD, The service tech was going to get me a color print out and I'll ask him then. Yes, it's 100% compliant with warranty. In fact, all of them were quite surprised by the numbers as well as it was the highest they have obtained on one to date. They did state the only thing that they had not tested on a 131 was the Heavy Breather intake I have. They had done the extremes and various other options, billet cat 2x1's etc but mine came out with the best numbers they have seen to date. I had almost called to void the warranty and go straight to the PV tuner but I've got a few miles on it so far and she seems to run really well and is quite happy. Not noticing any popping on decel or anything I've noticed from previous canned tunes. Nothing but the 131 kit, SE heavy breather, SE cannon exhaust and the SE pro street tuner. They do, however, drill a hole in the 131 kit provided header and tap it to run wires to for tuning. Afterwards insert a screw into it and it's hidden by the exhaust guard plates. They did upgrade to the Fueling sprocket cam 17T 25673-06 and S&S lifters but told me it would not affect the warranty. Doug O'Neal was the tech at Loess Hills HD that did the tune and work.

Last edited by wildtxn; 08-21-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:44 AM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,989 Likes on 2,365 Posts

Honestly I'd have to ask them whether it was SAE or STD, The service tech was going to get me a color print out and I'll ask him then. Yes, it's 100% compliant with warranty. In fact, all of them were quite surprised by the numbers as well as it was the highest they have obtained on one to date. They did state the only thing that they had not tested on a 131 was the Heavy Breather intake I have. They had done the extremes and various other options, billet cat 2x1's etc but mine came out with the best numbers they have seen to date. I had almost called to void the warranty and go straight to the PV tuner but I've got a few miles on it so far and she seems to run really well and is quite happy. Not noticing any popping on decel or anything I've noticed from previous canned tunes. Nothing but the 131 kit, SE heavy breather, SE cannon exhaust and the SE pro street tuner. They do, however, drill a hole in the 131 kit provided header and tap it to run wires to for tuning. Afterwards insert a screw into it and it's hidden by the exhaust guard plates. They did upgrade to the Fueling sprocket cam 17T 25673-06 and S&S lifters but told me it would not affect the warranty. Doug O'Neal was the tech at Loess Hills HD that did the tune and work.
I'm shocked. I've never seen numbers even close to that High for the H-D 3 Kit. Normal for the Kit with out an exhaust, or tuner or cam change is 125HP and 135 torque SAE. Some slightly higher and some slightly lower. Your torque is 16 higher, which is just Huge difference. Big name builders are not getting close to your numbers out of that kit with out changes that void warranty.

Old 08-22-2020, 09:55 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,364 Likes on 4,775 Posts

numbers shmumbers......you got all that matters and time to just go ride the hell out of it and enjoy a fun powerful bike

Old 09-02-2020, 09:42 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

2018 Road Glide with our $2799.00 turn key special which includes the FM 124" big bore kit with Wood WM8-22XE cam package, FM 5.5 injectors, fluid change, professional installation & dyno tune with Dynojet Power Vision.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following 6 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
FLSTFI Dave (09-03-2020), FXLRyan (09-06-2020), Hardcase61 (09-02-2020), Keithhu (09-02-2020), madmat (09-02-2020), Max Headflow (09-02-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-09-2020, 07:47 PM
Burna
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I had my bike built and tuned at the same shop. I was not so impressed with the communication throughout the 1.5 months which led me to think that my bike wasn’t going to perform well. Since getting it back I’ve put about 1K miles on it and it’s actually running pretty well minus the shitty gas mileage (but I can live with that). The thing is I think there’s more in it and/or I believe the tune could be cleaned up a bit. Lastly, the shop thought my bike has RDRS and it does not so imagine how I felt when that came up. “I’m like but you guys do this on the regular, right?”

I’ve attached the dyno and I’d love to hear your feedback.

S&S 124 w/ 550
Trask air cleaner
FM level A heads
HPI 62mm throttle body
D&D 2-1 with big bore baffle
6.3 injectors
PV Vision
Trask chain drive conversion

Old 09-09-2020, 11:37 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 255 Likes on 155 Posts

You need to take that bike to someone that knows how to tune! The numbers aren't that bad, not great either, but the AFR is one of the worst I've ever seen, it's not supposed to be "rolling hills" it should be flatland express! I wouldn't even take it back to them as they have no clue, on top of that 1.5 months for a simple build that most shops could do in a few days.

The following users liked this post:
18deluxerider (09-10-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 06:27 AM
Burna
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
You need to take that bike to someone that knows how to tune! The numbers aren't that bad, not great either, but the AFR is one of the worst I've ever seen, it's not supposed to be "rolling hills" it should be flatland express! I wouldn't even take it back to them as they have no clue, on top of that 1.5 months for a simple build that most shops could do in a few days.
Exactly my thought! Thanks for the input. And to be fair...a couple weeks of the 1.5 was parts but still they had me scared and I didn’t want to pull it out because then who knows what would have happened to the bike and reassemble.

Old 09-15-2020, 06:25 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Did anyone actually bother to read this. They put an aftermarket cam in it! SE Street tuners only load pre approved (EPA) tunes into the ECU. You don't need to drill the headers and attach O2 sensors for that. That means they probably did the actual tuning with an aftermarket tuner....
The 131 kit with with a aftermarket cam and a good tune might make the dyno chart we saw.....

Old 09-15-2020, 06:36 AM
Hardcase61
Cruiser
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Did anyone actually bother to read this. They put an aftermarket cam in it! SE Street tuners only load pre approved (EPA) tunes into the ECU. You don't need to drill the headers and attach O2 sensors for that. That means they probably did the actual tuning with an aftermarket tuner....
The 131 kit with with a aftermarket cam and a good tune might make the dyno chart we saw.....
they DID NOT put an aftermarket cam in it, they used the cam that came with the kit, they DID change the OUTER CRANK SPROCKET, the fueling sprocket has tighter tolerances and allows for more precise timing. https://www.feulingparts.com/sku/1091

To do a proper dyno tune you need wide band O2 sensors which require 18mm bungs, the head pipe that comes with the kit does NOT have 18mm bungs, the bungs in the head pipe are 12mm (correct size for narrow band stock O2 sensors) that is why they drilled the holes.

Last edited by Hardcase61; 09-15-2020 at 06:43 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hardcase61:
VernDiesel (09-15-2020), wildtxn (09-15-2020)

Quick Reply: M8 Dyno Numbers