Sponsored by:

M8 Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 09:09 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by 3dognate
2017 Road Glide Special > SE Heavy Breather Intake + D&D Billet Cat Exhaust + Red Shift 468 cam + DJ Power Vision tuner = 96.9 hp / 111 ft lb torque.

I am picking up my RGS a little later today I got the call yesterday that my bike was ready from it's tuning session. I used Coziahr Harley-Davidson in Forsyth, IL for tuning. Admittedly was expecting slightly bigger numbers considering what some of you are getting with similar results. But that's still a 23%+ increase over stock. I'll post the graph later assuming I get a copy.

I also have a V&H FP3 tuner. I might get froggy and flash a base map and run an FP3 Auto tune and see if the old butt dyno can tell the difference between the two.
Just remember a dyno is just a tool for tuning. They all read a little different and there are things that can affect the numbers they are putting out, it doesn't mean the bike isn't making the same power a different bike is with a similar setup on a different dyno giving higher numbers. Also, if it is not a Dynojet dynamo meter it will have an even greater chance of putting out different (lower) numbers than a Dynojet. Dynojet dynos are actually generous on their power figures, it is designed into them. I can't remember the reason for this, but I know I have read about it.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:33 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Here is tune just done a few days ago from J&B Performance with RS472 cam, I think it's still a 2-1-2 system with Bone Shaker mufflers, basically CFR's really. Anyway, hurt the bottom end a bit but really good numbers.

Old 05-05-2019, 02:50 PM
Alexspain
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

124 FM head pipes FM, Heads ported by FM, S&S465, SE 64, Heavy Breathes extrem, injectors 5,5 , Kessthech.

Old 05-05-2019, 03:08 PM
3dognate
Tourer
Received 342 Likes on 185 Posts

***Update with Chart***

2017 Road Glide Special > SE Heavy Breather Intake + D&D Billet Cat Exhaust + Red Shift 468 cam + DJ Power Vision tuner = 96.9 hp / 111 ft lb torque.

Old 05-05-2019, 09:23 PM
3dognate
Tourer

I got out and did some riding after picking up the bike and posting that chart. I'm not terribly pleased with my tune... it's running hot and cackling on deceleration it even full on back fired a couple of times. It's going to have to go back for another round... the shop does good work as a general rule so I'm sure they'll make it right. They even expressed after my initial reaction that it didn't "feel" right to let them know and they'd give it another session. So I'm calling tomorrow to arrange it to go back for a more thorough session.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:40 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,608 Likes on 2,727 Posts

It really baffles me why tuners create charts this way with 2 different axes. Makes no sense, and honestly, it makes me question their skill and/or motivation. When I look at this chart, looks to me like the TQ and HP drops off very early

***Update with Chart***

Last edited by Keithhu; 05-06-2019 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:16 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

I got out and did some riding after picking up the bike and posting that chart. I'm not terribly pleased with my tune... it's running hot and cackling on deceleration it even full on back fired a couple of times. It's going to have to go back for another round... the shop does good work as a general rule so I'm sure they'll make it right. They even expressed after my initial reaction that it didn't "feel" right to let them know and they'd give it another session. So I'm calling tomorrow to arrange it to go back for a more thorough session.
Not trying to rub salt in the wound but here's a 468 that J&B did, this will give you something to compare too.

Old 05-06-2019, 07:45 AM
3dognate
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Not trying to rub salt in the wound but here's a 468 that J&B did, this will give you something to compare too.
That's a 114" but I get the point.

Old 05-06-2019, 08:01 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,854 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Comparing 114" CVO to a 107 is kind of apples and oranges.

***Update with Chart***

The RS468 is not an easy cam to tune, but if it is done correctly it gives excellent results. Give them another chance, but if they don't get it right the second time find someone else. You have a setup that should yield good results. Here is the graph of my bike with the RS468 cam.

With the BilletCat on your bike the torque should come up quicker than mine, although it might not get to 120 ft/lb. If you get to 115 or 116 ft/lb you're in the range. Here's Zipper's chart with the RS468 and BilletCat.

If they get it right it will be a blast to ride! Good luck!

Old 05-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,527 Posts

Originally Posted by $tonecold
Comparing 114" CVO to a 107 is kind of apples and oranges.

The RS468 is not an easy cam to tune, but if it is done correctly it gives excellent results. Give them another chance, but if they don't get it right the second time find someone else. You have a setup that should yield good results. Here is the graph of my bike with the RS468 cam.

With the BilletCat on your bike the torque should come up quicker than mine, although it might not get to 120 ft/lb. If you get to 115 or 116 ft/lb you're in the range. Here's Zipper's chart with the RS468 and BilletCat.

If they get it right it will be a blast to ride! Good luck!

Hey stone,
I don't have full confidence in the shop that's gonna dyno my bike after the cam, you say the 468 is not an easy cam to tune, you and I have talked about the ss475 in my cvo 117, how do you think it will tune if I leave the cat in the stock pipe and my magnaflow mufflers, they prefer TTS so that's what I bought.

Quick Reply: M8 Dyno Numbers