Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fairing Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 07:35 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,465 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by donmontalvo
Confirmed with Harley, spoiler is for looks only.

Lower fairings would help with buffering and rain on legs and feet.
Put Lowers on your bike, they do everything you said, plus they eliminate beard lift. I got em on my Road Glide, best thing I ever did for the Bike

The following users liked this post:
madmat (08-23-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Timberjkd
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Love mine! Added the fender too! It is just for looks...but it really ties the front in with the rear IMHO.

Last edited by Timberjkd; 08-23-2019 at 01:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Vision (08-23-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 06:38 PM
rysonn
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I am late to the party I know but I have a question. I ordered, and installed the chopped engine guard and that process was fine. I have the fairing spoiler on the way and will be here this Friday. Ahead of the game I went online and pulled up the installation manual. If I am reading it correctly you put the fairing spoiler on the bike and then have to remove your outer fairing and adjust the entire fairing to fit with these.

For all of you that put your own on, did you have to do that step too so that you didn't have any gaps or did it just end up working out ok for you?

Old 09-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Timberjkd
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by rysonn
I am late to the party I know but I have a question. I ordered, and installed the chopped engine guard and that process was fine. I have the fairing spoiler on the way and will be here this Friday. Ahead of the game I went online and pulled up the installation manual. If I am reading it correctly you put the fairing spoiler on the bike and then have to remove your outer fairing and adjust the entire fairing to fit with these.

For all of you that put your own on, did you have to do that step too so that you didn't have any gaps or did it just end up working out ok for you?
I did not. It lines up pretty well. The only tricky part was lining up that damn support bracket under the fairing for me. Keep everything loose until it's all together. I've seen a few at dealerships that had gaps. Funny. Good luck. You'll love it.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:05 PM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Hey Guy’s,

In the parts book there is two items, one being the fairing spoiler and the other chin spoiler. Looking at the photos it looks like the two sides and the chin spoiler are in the kit (3 pieces). Why is there a second PN for just the chin spoiler? Do I need to order the chin spoiler as well as the fairing spoiler? I know I need to order the chopped engine gaurd.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:39 PM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 831 Likes on 315 Posts

I believe that other chin spoiler is just a fancier version of the one that come with the kit. Maybe someone else will chime in and let me know if I am correct or not. Scroll back in this thread and check out alexobelix's bike. He has no crash bar on his and that is the route I am going with mine. I just haven't ordered it yet. I already upgraded my chin spoiler so hopefully it will work.

Old 09-22-2019, 12:57 AM
steveg56
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by h-d wrencher
I believe that other chin spoiler is just a fancier version of the one that come with the kit. Maybe someone else will chime in and let me know if I am correct or not. Scroll back in this thread and check out alexobelix's bike. He has no crash bar on his and that is the route I am going with mine. I just haven't ordered it yet. I already upgraded my chin spoiler so hopefully it will work.
Ok just read his post and love the looks without the engine guard personally so thanks for pointing that out to me. I’m going to run mine without as well. Good to know I don’t need to buy the chin spoiler as well...saving money everywhere!!!

Old 09-23-2019, 06:11 AM
alexobelix
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

The Fairing spoiler kit comes with a new chin spoiler. This chin spoiler has to be used, because it has attachment points for the side panels of the fairing spoiler.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....1?locale=en_US

Old 09-23-2019, 09:35 AM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 831 Likes on 315 Posts

That makes sense. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Old 09-23-2019, 08:46 PM
rysonn
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Got the parts installed. I am very happy with it!

The following 2 users liked this post by rysonn:
RED_5 (09-30-2019), twosailin (01-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fairing Spoiler