Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fairing Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 12:48 PM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by ChineseBandit
Hey man, how is the chopped engine guard working out? Highway pegs fitment good? Can you rest your leg on top of the guard on lone rides?
Working out pretty good. Initially, I was led to believe that due to extra thickness of the chopped bar, that I would not be able to use my standard Harley mounts. The guard is somewhat thicker, but you can still get away with the standard mounts. I haven’t measured it, but I believe the Chopped guard comes back closer to the rider than the stock guard, but not by much. I use mine exactly as str8shuutr45 does! Very comfortable and I’m 6’5.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:26 PM
ChineseBandit
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sounds great. On long trips I like to alter my foot/leg position a lot. So I like options. Placing the highway pegs on sole of boot, or stretching out and resting ankle boot leather on the peg or stretching all the way out and resting my calf on engine guard. I like all those positions to be available in addition to foot boards. Are you getting all those options with the chopped engine guard?

Old 05-16-2019, 03:41 PM
EdwardToscano
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Fangs

These are properly called fangs

Old 05-16-2019, 04:24 PM
ChineseBandit
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The highway peg?

Old 08-03-2019, 09:49 AM
Fatbob86
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jd05flhtci
is that a stock engine guard bar?
I'm curious too. Seems he's got quite an unsightly gap between the fairing and the spoiler IMHO. Hoping this dude replies.

Old 08-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Blazn
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Very happy with mine as well.
The fairing spoiler does require the chopped engine guard, but some have done mods to allow the OEM guard to work with the spoiler.

The following users liked this post:
RGS88 (11-12-2020)
Old 08-22-2019, 12:34 PM
donmontalvo
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by wardo5757
Did any of you notice if it stopped some of the wind coming up? Reduce buffeting at all?
This is my question as well.

I bought the Road Glide because I wanted the best air management, and we know Harley-Davidson put huge amounts of time and effort in this fixed fairing design to provide superior protection.

From the looks of it, I would assume the lower fairings would do a better job of protecting the rider, even if it isn't as awesome looking as the new spoiler.

I bought the bike to ride hard, after trading in my 2017 Street Bob (33,000 miles in 25 months), for a 2019 Road Glide (4 miles). In the midst of a 5,000 mile cross country ride. I'm sitting at Rock City Harley-Davidson, while they install Stage 1, sissy bar, highway pegs, LED signal/brake lights, grips, etc.

I traded up to a 2019 Road Glide, and I'm sure the air will be much better managed, but I want get every bit of air management in place as possible, since I plan to do a lot more long rides.

Old 08-22-2019, 12:44 PM
str8shuutr45
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 44 Posts

I really haven't found much difference mitigating air with the new spoiler. There does seem to be a little more air on the motor but IMHO, the new spoiler doesn't increase or decrease buffeting. I believe much of the airflow engineering has been around the vents in the fairing. Those bad boys are awesome during the HOT days of summer.
I put the spoiler on my '17 RGS purely for the looks. Anything else would be a plus.

Old 08-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Vision
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

Just put on 1500+ miles on the weekend and I can say with some certainty that the spoiler is for aesthetics only. No difference that I could tell. Looks really good though!

Old 08-22-2019, 06:08 PM
donmontalvo
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Confirmed with Harley, spoiler is for looks only.

Lower fairings would help with buffering and rain on legs and feet.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fairing Spoiler