Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any baffles rattling with the new Street Cannons?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:26 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,096 Likes on 656 Posts
Default Any baffles rattling with the new Street Cannons?

So I recently installed a set of 4” Rineharts because my Street Cannons developed rattling from the baffles coming loose. Mine were put on the bike in January 2017 and had the die cast “Sreaming Eagle” words on the side. I see that the newer ones are different with just a painted SE on the sides and I’ve been told they have a different part number than the ones I had.

The Rineharts have only been on the bike for about 200 miles and I already miss how quiet the Cannons were. They sound great, just a touch too loud for my liking. I’m thinking about getting a set of the new Street Cannons and selling the Rineharts.

Has anyone experienced the baffles coming loose and rattling with the new version Cannons?

Old 02-20-2019, 08:40 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
So I recently installed a set of 4” Rineharts because my Street Cannons developed rattling from the baffles coming loose. Mine were put on the bike in January 2017 and had the die cast “Sreaming Eagle” words on the side. I see that the newer ones are different with just a painted SE on the sides and I’ve been told they have a different part number than the ones I had.

The Rineharts have only been on the bike for about 200 miles and I already miss how quiet the Cannons were. They sound great, just a touch too loud for my liking. I’m thinking about getting a set of the new Street Cannons and selling the Rineharts.

Has anyone experienced the baffles coming loose and rattling with the new version Cannons?
I have the new 4.5” Street Cannons withe SE logo etched on the side and so far so good. They sound great and look great with no rattling so far although my bike only has about 1600 miles on them. Surprised you think the Rineharts are too loud. A lot of peeps think they’re not loud at all.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:54 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,743 Likes on 6,687 Posts

Why not just change the baffles in the rineharts if they are too loud? That seems to be a lot cheaper way to go.

The following users liked this post:
NorthWestern (08-27-2022)
Old 02-21-2019, 07:45 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Prot
Why not just change the baffles in the rineharts if they are too loud? That seems to be a lot cheaper way to go.
If you know of a source that has quieter baffles, please share. Rinehart doesn't sell them for these mufflers.

Old 02-23-2019, 01:12 AM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,743 Likes on 6,687 Posts

Give the folks at Big City Thunder a call.

Old 02-23-2019, 08:00 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Prot
Give the folks at Big City Thunder a call.
I appreciate the info. I already ordered a new set of Street Cannons. I’m just gonna swap them out and sell these Rineharts to someone who will appreciate the sound. I just like my bike as quiet as I can get it, without choking it with the stock mufflers.

bpav16 (02-24-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 07:22 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member

I put the new Street Cannons on today. I’m very happy to have a more quiet exhaust again. I can attest that they’re in fact not louder than the previous version Street Cannons. They sound exactly like my last set. Hopefully they’re last longer than my last set without the baffles coming loose.

By by the way, the Rineharts are for sale in the classified section if anyone is interested.

mjwebb (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 08:38 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

I put the new Street Cannons on today. I’m very happy to have a more quiet exhaust again. I can attest that they’re in fact not louder than the previous version Street Cannons. They sound exactly like my last set. Hopefully they’re last longer than my last set without the baffles coming loose.

By by the way, the Rineharts are for sale in the classified section if anyone is interested.
Glad it worked out for you. The Rineharts look very nice. You should have no trouble selling them.

Old 02-27-2019, 03:13 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Hey again. Just curious were the Rineharts that much louder than the new SC’s? Love the look of the chrome 4” Rineharts and always wanted some but notif they’re loud. And to me even the new SC’s are louder than what I’m used to. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:59 PM
Saguaro
Advanced
Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Rattling no, split welded seam yes

Had a 3-inch split in weld where muffler meets header mount tube. Less than 800 miles.

Quick Reply: Any baffles rattling with the new Street Cannons?