Sponsored by:

Whip it good!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 09:40 PM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by QAfred
No, I am not talking about the song that hints at what college crazed students did back then: buy cans of ready whip, hold it up and huff the nitrous. I bet you didn't know that was what the song was about, Did you? It does give you a nice buzz. Last time I hit some nitrous was the Buffalo Chip campground where they were passing balloons around filled with it during Foghat concert....early 90's if I recall correctly. I was 12 packed out, hit that nitrous, felt totally lucid / sober for about 30 seconds and then found myself in the mud with my buds laughing like hell....but I digress.

I am talking about a simple easy mod I did to the stock antenna/whip.

I was in the market for a stubby antenna since I thought the antenna was way too long. Then I thought since I am going to buy a shorty anyway let me try cutting 14 inches of this one, with a hack saw. I did it and then I cut under the tip that's on the top of antenna and drilled a 5/32nds hole in it about 1/8th of an inch deep and then bonded it to the new shorty I just made.

Works well and I have not noticed any degradation in FM reception in the 6 months since I did it. I would attach a photo but for some reason jpeg and pdf's are not uploading for me???
What a Devo Dude! I bet you have the RED three stage pie pan hat.... I thing that time frame sucked more than the disco duck days of the 70's....

Old 01-18-2019, 09:50 PM
QAfred
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by psyshack
What a Devo Dude! I bet you have the RED three stage pie pan hat.... I thing that time frame sucked more than the disco duck days of the 70's....
Lol, I wish I did have that hat to walk around during the Sturgis Rally next to the Fred Flinstone dude who walks around with the grand puba hat(>). You know the one with Buffalo fur and horns.
But seriously I really think the 70s had the best music.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:05 AM
psyshack
Road Warrior
Received 363 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by QAfred
Lol, I wish I did have that hat to walk around during the Sturgis Rally next to the Fred Flinstone dude who walks around with the grand puba hat(>). You know the one with Buffalo fur and horns.
But seriously I really think the 70s had the best music.
To even know about the 70's and 80's really kind of sucks.