Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019 | 10:02 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

The new ones for the 2020 look like they are 11.3mm.

Old 08-23-2019 | 05:30 PM
TexasScott
Tourer

I wanted something for my trip to North Carolina earlier this month. I have aftermarket wheels with brand new tires that I didn’t want to take off, remove tire and see if the factory sensors would fit, then remount, balance, reprogram the BOOM. So I went with FOBO. No complaints at all, they worked great. I would check in the morning before riding and then the iPhone mounted on a RAM mount would let me know if there was any problem. I love it! No muss, no fuss, it just worked.

Old 08-24-2019 | 08:08 AM
K Melancon
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by craigffb
The new ones for the 2020 look like they are 11.3mm.
I saw a 2020 Road Glide Limited with the tpms. I’m waiting to see if anyone gets it put on a 2019 wheels of it will fit. The catalog says it only will fit certain wheels. The radios are the same so it should just need to be added to the radio.

Old 08-24-2019 | 08:52 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by K Melancon
The catalog says it only will fit certain wheels. The radios are the same so it should just need to be added to the radio.
Yes, because there are two different size valve stem hole sizes on Harley wheels. Some are 8.3mm and some are 11.3mm. As far as the radio being the same I’ve seen reports that the radio on the 20 models are an A version. I haven’t seen the documentation on that just posts.

Old 08-27-2019 | 08:03 AM
howard829
Intermediate

Hard to believe this TPMS issue is still going on. Now that the 2020's are out the discussion continues. I jumped on this thread quite a few months ago trying to get the question answered whether TPMS would work on our Non CVO wheels. After reading through this thread again I think its been done successfully but not really sure. Anyway, I see the MoCo has come up with a new accessory,

Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Part Number 42300124

So the big question, again, is whether this part will retrofit on an older bike? Having talked briefly with my local HD dealer they are not sure and are sticking to what the fitment states "Fits '20-later Touring models (except Japan) equipped with Original Equipment or Accessory wheels that accept a TPMS sensor." I don't have any firm confirmation but believe there was an upgrade to the GTS radio that might inhibit it working with the older Boom radios. I would think if it was easy to do HD would certainly make it available, especially at the $199.95 price they will get for someone with a 2020.

If anyone has any good information to share, please step up and post it.

Thanks...

Old 08-27-2019 | 08:16 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by howard829
Hard to believe this TPMS issue is still going on. Now that the 2020's are out the discussion continues. I jumped on this thread quite a few months ago trying to get the question answered whether TPMS would work on our Non CVO wheels. After reading through this thread again I think its been done successfully but not really sure. Anyway, I see the MoCo has come up with a new accessory,

Part Number 42300124

So the big question, again, is whether this part will retrofit on an older bike? Having talked briefly with my local HD dealer they are not sure and are sticking to what the fitment states "Fits '20-later Touring models (except Japan) equipped with Original Equipment or Accessory wheels that accept a TPMS sensor." I don't have any firm confirmation but believe there was an upgrade to the GTS radio that might inhibit it working with the older Boom radios. I would think if it was easy to do HD would certainly make it available, especially at the $199.95 price they will get for someone with a 2020.

Thanks...
I agree with everything you said. One thing to think about is the 2020 touring bikes have the warning light on the tach for the TPMS, older bikes don’t. This would be one reason why H-D would say the new sensors won’t work. Because the system would not function as intended. Same goes for the older sensors the CVOs used.

The sensor they are using on the 2020s is a different sensor. Will it work with the older radio. Not sure. Will they fit in a wheel with a 11.3mm valve stem hole. Once again, not sure.

Old 10-07-2019 | 08:17 PM
Jakehale
Advanced

Originally Posted by howard829

Part Number 42300124

Thanks...
Specifically to this . I read on another thread that the part number you have listed about is ONLY for the 2020 (and probably up). it has to do with the new RDRS system the 2020's have them. So it would not work on Pre-20 bikes.
Im still wrapped up on the other sensors and have not read a definitive response on if they will fit the wheels on the 18 bikes.

Old 10-08-2019 | 02:38 PM
vegas-triker
Cruiser

Originally Posted by serioussv3n
Hey guys,

A retrofit is possible on all Rushmore Models.
For models 2017 and newer you only need 2x tire pressure sensors. (Partnumber with chrome valves: 32700052 with black valves: 32700096)
For models 2014-2016 you need also a new BCM.

You can buy a used BCM (Part Number 41000341 or 41000341a,b,c,d,e) You find some on ebay.
With that you also need new FOBs,The old ones are not compatible with the newer BCMs.(Click me)

Or you buy a complete kit with 2 FOBs. (Click me)
In that case you can also use the new Flipkey. (Click me)

All these BCMs includes the security System, if you dont have it on your bike yet.

If you also want the warning light in the odometer too, you also need the CVO gauges. Only this gauges have this warning light. (Click me)

Your dealer need to program the BCM and the tire pressure sensons.

If you have questions, feel free and ask me. I will help you.

Dont worry about the missing pressure. At this time the tires was at my tiredealer to get new tires.

Too bad they don't have the option of a Trike Graphic.. would sell most of us on purchasing them

Old 11-06-2019 | 02:13 PM
vegas-triker
Cruiser

I upgraded to the new GTS radio, had the TPMS turned on. I have icons and gauges.. XMAS is coming and hoping Santa will bring me the kit to install In my two rear tires ( Trike ). For $200 or less for the kit, the big cost will be getting the units installed, in-mounting, re-mounting, balance etc

Old 11-06-2019 | 02:50 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by vegas-triker
I upgraded to the new GTS radio, had the TPMS turned on. I have icons and gauges.. XMAS is coming and hoping Santa will bring me the kit to install In my two rear tires ( Trike ). For $200 or less for the kit, the big cost will be getting the units installed, in-mounting, re-mounting, balance etc
You might want to make sure the kit you're about will actually work on a 2018 bike first.

Quick Reply: Tpms