Sponsored by:

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022 | 05:32 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by danielyuhn
For ‘14 and ‘15 models you need a ‘16 or newer BCM and fobs. Won’t work without late model fobs.
I have TPMS activated on my ‘15 FLHTK with GTS Boom and working perfectly.
Also unless you upgrade gauges you will not have low pressure indicator on your dash.
I have to go to the info tab on the Infotainment system to see tire pressure. You will have ride the bike a few hundred yards to activate the sensors.
Its worth the trouble.
The old FOBs work, but from what others said, if one fails, you need to replace both. I rode my bike home using one of my old fobs, didn't have the second one on me for him to program, so will have to go back. I have the wheel sensors, and the late BCM installed, the bcm programmed and recognizes the sensors. It is turned on, in the radio, and BCM but still not sure where the display shows up on the Boom GT. I know Ssitruc has it displaying on his, and I sent him a PM but no reply as yet. I know its all doable, or I would not have embarked on this path months ago, I just need to figure out how to access it. The gauge will not show it, I knew that going in, but thats no big deal to me. At least for now, lol.

Old 07-15-2022 | 06:27 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Ok Ssitruc (Curtis) pm'd me and I called him. As I suspected, it was already in there, just did not know where to look. So I took a couple pics to show everyone where and what it looks like. The top pic if from pressing the info button (front part of right turn signal switch) and in the upper right hand corner (where my finger is pointing) the word "more" is lit. Not sure if it was before this upgrade. Press the "more" button and the second pic is the TPMS display screen.

Special thanks to Curtis and all the others that gathered the info necessary for these upgrades.

The following 2 users liked this post by handirifle:
danielyuhn (07-15-2022), polarisbob (10-04-2022)
Old 07-15-2022 | 06:53 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by danielyuhn
For ‘14 and ‘15 models you need a ‘16 or newer BCM and fobs. Won’t work without late model fobs.
I have TPMS activated on my ‘15 FLHTK with GTS Boom and working perfectly.
Also unless you upgrade gauges you will not have low pressure indicator on your dash.
I have to go to the info tab on the Infotainment system to see tire pressure. You will have ride the bike a few hundred yards to activate the sensors.
Its worth the trouble.
Actually for 2014, 2015, or 2016 models (that are not CVO's) you need the new BCM (its part number 41000341F). In the 2014 thru 2016 touring bikes, they had a completely different part number for the BCM in the Non-CVO bikes. But the 41000341x BCM was used in the CVO's models in 2014-2016... and with the GT head unit the CVO's had TPMS that shows up on the head unit, just like Handirifle's does now. In 2017 the 41000341C BCM (I believe it was "C") was used across the touring line on bike with a security (fobs), including CVO's... but on some bikes (non-CVO's) they just did not enable everything... like TPMS.

The 2014 thru 2016 fobs work fine with the new BCM, and so does the new fobs... just if you want 2 fobs programmed they got to be the same, can't have one new fob and one old fob programmed at the same time. I too have replaced my BCM to the new one, and I am still using the original fobs that came with my bike in 2016.

On the gauges, on a 2014 thru 2016 (non-CVO) with stock gauges you're right, there's no dummy light on the speedo, and the pressures will not show up on the little Trip A, Trip B, etc screen on the bottom of the tach... unless you replace the gauges with new ones out of the P&A book... then you can get those two things too if a person wants too (TPMS on gauges has to be enable in the BCM, once the gauges are swapped out).

All of this works kinda the same regardless if its the GT or the GTS head unit, only thing different I can think of is what the picture looks like and how you get to it.

Last edited by Ssitruc; 07-15-2022 at 07:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
polarisbob (10-04-2022)
Old 07-15-2022 | 06:55 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by handirifle
Ok Ssitruc (Curtis) pm'd me and I called him. As I suspected, it was already in there, just did not know where to look. So I took a couple pics to show everyone where and what it looks like. The top pic if from pressing the info button (front part of right turn signal switch) and in the upper right hand corner (where my finger is pointing) the word "more" is lit. Not sure if it was before this upgrade. Press the "more" button and the second pic is the TPMS display screen.

Special thanks to Curtis and all the others that gathered the info necessary for these upgrades.

Aint that purdy!
Glad its all working for you, congrats man

Cosmic Razorback (07-17-2022)
Old 02-25-2023 | 05:53 AM
Aerojet Mika
3rd Gear

Hello,

I would like to install the pressure sensors on my fhlxs 2018, it has a Bcm 41000341C does the Bcm support the function? Do you need adapters to put the valves in the rims?

Old 02-25-2023 | 06:21 AM
mjwebb
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Aerojet Mika
Hello,

I would like to install the pressure sensors on my fhlxs 2018, it has a Bcm 41000341C does the Bcm support the function? Do you need adapters to put the valves in the rims?
https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...em/p/42300124A

Old 02-25-2023 | 12:52 PM
TexasScott
Tourer

I can’t really answer your module question. If you have stock wheels the sensors should work fine.

I was thinking about doing this on my 2017 SG but after I totaled everything up I bought the FOBO and it worked just fine for me. I had aftermarket wheels that have smaller than stock valve stem holes so getting them modified for TPM sensors put the whole thing out of reach for me. I had the FOBOs on the bike until I traded it in for 2022 RGS.

I had the dealer swap my wheels over to the new bike and still had the issue with no TPM. I just lived with the error light on the gauges for a while. Yes, I used the FOBOs on this for a while. But the light bugged the heck out of me.

contacted the wheel shop where I bought them and they said the best way was to send them back and they would update the wheels for the TPM sensors. Yuk, PIA but it went on the list for the winter projects.

fast forward to winter. Made the decision to pull the wheels and send them back to the shop. Called them up to confirm the arrangements and they surprised me. They had crafted an adaptor for the TPMs at $25/ea. woohoo…

I went to my dealer and chatted with them about activating the sensors. They have to be on the bike (or near it I suppose). Since I had to take it to them to activate I just paid them to do the install, activation and verify they work right. Cost me the price of the sensors and about $100. And I didn’t have to pull the wheels in my garage, take it to them, get tire removed, back to my garage, install wheel, back to dealer for activation and pray something didn’t go wrong.

it’s done, no more annoying light and I am happy

Ssitruc (02-25-2023)
Old 02-25-2023 | 08:12 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Aerojet Mika
Hello,
Your BCM will support TPMS function, IF you put the sensors in the wheels, like what mjwebb linked in post #196. IF you have stock rims, they may have 11.4mm valve stem holes, the HD sensors/valve stems are for 8.3mm holes... see which size your wheels have. If it is the larger ones, like mine, see post #159 for one way of dealing with that. I am a year and a half with it and they are doing great.

Once you get that stuff done, and have it programmed, you should have the new tab on the head unit that shows the graphic of a bike and displays the tires pressures.

I do not think your stock gauges with display TPMS or have the dummy light... unless you get new gauges... but if having the tire pressures showing on the head unit is all you want/need then you'd be good to go by just buying the sensor/valve stems, get their mounting figured out (which size hole does your wheels have), then have it programmed (enabling TPMS in the BCM, pairing the sensors to it, and enabling TPMS in the radio - on the software I use its under Radio Customizations).

Last edited by Ssitruc; 02-25-2023 at 08:16 PM.
gonemad (02-25-2023)