Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022 | 01:57 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

So are you saying I did NOT need to buy the later model BCM? That mine has the capability to show it on my Boom 6.5GT in my Ultra Classic, and all the tech has to do is pair the sensors to the bike?

I thought the new BCM had to be flashed with some sort of programming before I could install it on my bike, with or without the sensors installed?

I have no interest in replacing my gauges.

Old 02-04-2022 | 03:06 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Ok I re-read all this and see where I was off. So the BCM I bought IS the replacement part for MY bike, if the OEM one cancelled? So maybe I should have said just replace the BCM, with the new one I have, and oh, while you're at it turn on the TPMS in the Boom GT?

I asked this before, but what would happen if the new BCM was installed by myself. Would it not work, for basic operation? Just curious.

Old 02-04-2022 | 03:13 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Ssitruc

Thanks

Old 02-04-2022 | 04:24 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by handirifle
Ok I re-read all this and see where I was off. So the BCM I bought IS the replacement part for MY bike, if the OEM one cancelled? So maybe I should have said just replace the BCM, with the new one I have, and oh, while you're at it turn on the TPMS in the Boom GT?

I asked this before, but what would happen if the new BCM was installed by myself. Would it not work, for basic operation? Just curious.
I have not done the actual BCM swap myself, but I believe there is a "flash" that has to be done to get the "base" settings set, and at the very least verify some setting (like the security setting/Pin #). I believe you have to have the tool, a Diagnostic Programmer (DigitalTech, Centurion, Diag4Bike, etc) to replace and program the BCM.

But I actually did, almost exactly what you suggested... I had ordered a BCM last July from a dealer in Texas, because my local dealer was showing it was on back order for a while.... But they had the rest of the parts for what all I was wanting to do. So when the BCM came in, I took it in to my local dealer, with some new chrome wheels (***** Shiny's) that I had already mounted the TPMS sensors on... asked them to trade out the BCM with the new one, enable the TPMS, and put some new tires on those new wheels and put them on the bike (I also had new rotors and pads put on while they had it). A few hours later everything was working like a charm... the mechanic that was doing it let me back there and watched as he did the BCM... he was cool as hell, and even was suggesting I do the keyless ignition while he was at it (the new BCM can also do that if you're interested).

I have two dealers near me... One of them sound like your dealer, they seems to find more reasons not to do things instead of trying to get work. The other's service department is great, and they will do what ever if it is possible. When I brought doing this up to them, they were like "yeah, no problem, its no big deal"... They couldn't remember if they had done an earlier model yet like mine, but they already knew that if the BCM was replaced with the newer one it would work... and didn't even bat an eye about doing it... They like money lol I think I had to pay them 1 hour for programming & 2 hours for mounting tires & swapping the wheels, rotor, & pads out.

Old 02-04-2022 | 10:27 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Will be some time before I can update, But will when some more work gets done.

On another note, if the 2022 Lowrider ST had a detachable tourpak, I would be tempted to forgo all the above, and trade up. I use my tourpak ALL the time, so it would mean giving up a LOT for me, otherwise. I sure love the look of that bike, combined with nice suspension, nice forks, the 117, and the loss of about 150lbs, with a lower seat height.........

The service rep at the dealer I went to, had his 2021 Lowrider S sitting out front. I asked how it rode, and he said very smooth.

Old 04-02-2022 | 12:06 PM
Hannigan Motorsports
Stage I

Originally Posted by vegas-triker
Too bad they don't have the option of a Trike Graphic.. would sell most of us on purchasing them
You can enable trike graphic, I use the Snap-On P1000 and go into the BCM configuration, customization, enable sidecar mode and display turns into a trike. Then you can have 3 TPMS sensors. Once you enable sidecar mode you will have to install an external bank angle sensor or you will get codes. We get all the parts from HD dealer and make a harness. Plug one wire into the empty hole in BCM plug, supply switched 12v and ground.

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (04-02-2022)
Old 04-02-2022 | 12:25 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice to see Hannigan stopping in

The following users liked this post:
Hannigan Motorsports (04-02-2022)
Old 07-15-2022 | 03:35 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Anyone know how to get the info screen to display on my '14? I have the sensors installed, the BCM activated and the sensors coded, but we couldn't figure out how to get the display to show the bike and tire numbers.

Old 07-15-2022 | 04:28 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member

Anyone know how to get the info screen to display on my '14? I have the sensors installed, the BCM activated and the sensors coded, but we couldn't figure out how to get the display to show the bike and tire numbers.
That I'm aware, only head units on the 19+ bikes are capable of displaying TPMS. I could be wrong tho.

Old 07-15-2022 | 05:14 PM
danielyuhn
6th Gear
Default TPMS on a Rushmore

For ‘14 and ‘15 models you need a ‘16 or newer BCM and fobs. Won’t work without late model fobs.
I have TPMS activated on my ‘15 FLHTK with GTS Boom and working perfectly.
Also unless you upgrade gauges you will not have low pressure indicator on your dash.
I have to go to the info tab on the Infotainment system to see tire pressure. You will have ride the bike a few hundred yards to activate the sensors.
Its worth the trouble.

Last edited by danielyuhn; 07-15-2022 at 05:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Tpms