Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2021 | 09:32 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ultra 99
Latest update - I was at the dealer for some work and mentioned that my speedometer was reading low. I asked if there was anything they could do to calibrate it. The tech didn't think there was but he said he would check a few things. Once thing he found was that there was a firmware update to my speedometer so he applied that to see what it might do. It didn't help with the low reading, but it did enable the tire pressures to appear in my odometer window as I cycle through with the odometer button. Previously you needed CVO gauges on the 17-19 models to get the readings in the odometer, but this update did the trick (as long as the proper options on turned on in the BCM). So I now have the TPMS display in the radio and odometer. Also, all of my gauges now function like the 2020 and newer models where the needles cycle all the way around when you first turn the bike on like they're doing a self test.
That's awesome. I ended up getting the P&A gauges over the winter so I could have that function. They are way nicer but I don't think I would have swapped them out if the update was available before I did it.

The following users liked this post:
TRIGGERMAN-SERG (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021 | 05:21 PM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

I also ordered the CVO gauges before they updated my current speedo thinking I needed the CVO gauges to get the TPMS readings in the odometer window. Like you said, they do look nicer. I ordered at the beginning of February and the speedometer was backordered until March 11. It's now backordered until sometime in May.

Old 04-13-2021 | 05:49 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

I also ordered the CVO gauges before they updated my current speedo thinking I needed the CVO gauges to get the TPMS readings in the odometer window. Like you said, they do look nicer. I ordered at the beginning of February and the speedometer was backordered until March 11. It's now backordered until sometime in May.
I’d probably cancel the order and just get the update to the stock gauges.

vhmike73 (04-14-2021)
Old 04-22-2021 | 04:51 PM
printer.51
Stage I
Default TPMS 16’Ultra

I have tried to sink Harley TPMS with my bike and have Not been unsuccessful -
Dealership could not do it -
They are sticking to the corporate mantra that these are only for 2020 and up Harley Davidson motorcycles -
I can purchase the BCM and speedo where do you advise someone to take and program everything, the dealership is not willing to go beyond on the stated curriculum by Harley?

Last edited by printer.51; 04-22-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2021 | 08:02 AM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

Originally Posted by printer.51
They are sticking to the corporate mantra that these are only for 2020 and up Harley Davidson motorcycles -
I can purchase the BCM and speedo where do you advise someone to take and program everything, the dealership is not willing to go beyond on the stated curriculum by Harley?
Find a dealer who's willing to make the simple changes needed using the Digital Technican. If that fails, find an independent shop that has the TechnoResearch Centurion programmer as it can also make the changes:

Under Radio Customization

TPMS enable/disable

Instrument TPMS Option

Enabled/disabled

Under BCM Customization

TPMS Configuration-set tire sizes

TPMS manual sensor assignment-assign sensor ID’s

jman1115 (06-03-2022)
Old 04-26-2021 | 07:25 AM
30glock
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by printer.51
This is shameful, my local dealer was excited to see if this was even possible on my 15 CVO, worked like a charm.

Old 07-08-2021 | 01:12 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Find a dealer who's willing to make the simple changes needed using the Digital Technican. If that fails, find an independent shop that has the TechnoResearch Centurion programmer as it can also make the changes:
Under Radio Customization
TPMS enable/disable

Instrument TPMS Option
Enabled/disabled

Under BCM Customization
TPMS Configuration-set tire sizes
TPMS manual sensor assignment-assign sensor ID’s
I have the latest version of TechnoResearch Centurion Super Pro. I have a 16 RGU with a GTS radio in it that I am waiting on new wheels from ***** Shiny, same as my OEM's only all chrome. I am going to try and use the HD#42300118 TPMS valve stems. So far I have not switched my BCM out, still have the factory BCM in the bike. But I will be going with the HD#41000341F BCM once I get the valve stem worked out... waiting on parts. I'll probably go ahead and switch out my gauges while I am at it...

My question is this, enabling what exactly causes the TPMS tab to show up on the radio Info Screen?
In TechnoResearch Centurion, and with my current BCM and setup, I have been all thru the options/settings and have not seen any screens Radio related for enabling TPMS.
I have seen where to Enable TPMS in BCM and Instrument Cluster and where to pair/replace the sensors.
But I do not see anything in TechnoResearch Centurion about "Radio Customization" or that mentions TPMS related to the radio. Nor is there anything in the TPMS settings that mention the radio.

When I change my BCM will that give me give me different options? I didn't think so, I thought some of the options I have now wouldn't actually work/"pass" with my current BCM, but would with the newer one.
Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Ssitruc; 07-08-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-08-2021 | 03:14 PM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

I don't have the Centurion or any other programmer. I'm only going by what I've seen on Youtube videos where the Digital Technician or Diag4Bike programmers are used for the BMC/ECU settings. I would look for the section that controls radio settings such as enabling the WHIM, CB, Speaker config, etc. There should be something in that area where there is an option for TPMS to say yes for it's installed or to set it to enabled. Failing that contact TechnoResearch, they're very helpful.

Old 07-14-2021 | 07:34 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

I was going to wait till winter to do this on my 2016 RGU with GTS, but... no patience... So, I am doing this in steps.... got my new chrome wheels and polished rotors from ***** Shiny, so next week I'm having the new tires, brake pads, and stuff put on... so I thought it was a good time to tackle this TPMS thing. So I got 2 of the HD 42300118 stem/sensors about $65 each. They are for the wheels with 8.xmm valve stem holes, but I now have the chromed stock Impeller wheels with the 11.xmm holes in them, and put the valve stem/sensors (HD 42300118) mounted in them using the Fobo bushing previously discussed, and the stems are solid as a rock.

So took I the FOBO "bushing", like has been discussed earlier in this post, and put it into the hole in the wheel from the inside. Because my stock wheel's hole is 11.4mm, sensors are for 8.3mm wheels.

Then pushed the HD valve stem (HD 42300118)​ ​​​​​​into place from the outside of the wheel. I made sure the FOBO "bushing" was laying flat against the rim, all the way in.

Slid the sensor into place, and put the retaining bolt in and tightened good and tight. I did add a bit of blue lock-tite (sp?) gel on the screw, because the factory red stuff didnt start until about 3/8" up from the end, and I wanted to be sure all the threads had some on them. Fits great and nothing is hitting at all. There's a o-ring on the valve stems on the outside, and the Fobo bushing on the inside, don't think there's any worry about leaking around/thru the stems. They are rock solid and don't move at all.

Same thing on the back wheel.

Once I get these mounted I'll move on to the next step, changing out the BCM. I am also going to go with a new set of gauges, probably. Once everything comes in I'll get that done.

I noticed the replacement BCM for my 2016 RGU is the same part number as the replacement BCM for a 2020... so I'm feeling better about this being successful... albeit expensive.

Talked to the guy doing the programming at a local dealer, he said it'll be no problem. He also said I won't need new fobs. He says both my original factory fobs will work fine. But if I ever had to replace one of them, then the other wouldn't work. Meaning, you can pair 2 of the "old" style or 2 of the "new" style to the BCM, but not one of each at the same time.

Last edited by Ssitruc; 07-14-2021 at 07:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Ssitruc:
danielyuhn (07-18-2021), lp (08-01-2021), polarisbob (10-04-2022)
Old 07-15-2021 | 09:58 PM
DaveHeu
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
I have the latest version of TechnoResearch Centurion Super Pro. I have a 16 RGU with a GTS radio in it that I am waiting on new wheels from ***** Shiny, same as my OEM's only all chrome. I am going to try and use the HD#42300118 TPMS valve stems. So far I have not switched my BCM out, still have the factory BCM in the bike. But I will be going with the HD#41000341F BCM once I get the valve stem worked out... waiting on parts. I'll probably go ahead and switch out my gauges while I am at it...

My question is this, enabling what exactly causes the TPMS tab to show up on the radio Info Screen?
In TechnoResearch Centurion, and with my current BCM and setup, I have been all thru the options/settings and have not seen any screens Radio related for enabling TPMS.
I have seen where to Enable TPMS in BCM and Instrument Cluster and where to pair/replace the sensors.
But I do not see anything in TechnoResearch Centurion about "Radio Customization" or that mentions TPMS related to the radio. Nor is there anything in the TPMS settings that mention the radio.

When I change my BCM will that give me give me different options? I didn't think so, I thought some of the options I have now wouldn't actually work/"pass" with my current BCM, but would with the newer one.
Any help is appreciated.
I bought the Centurion and it did not have the option to enable TPMS on the radio. I contacted them and they were no help. I went and bought the Diag4bike and that program had the option to enable TPMS in the radio. I used it and it worked.

Quick Reply: Tpms