Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021 | 01:24 PM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

I had the sensors installed in my 2019 Road Glide Ultra. There are a few areas that need to be changed in the BCM. One is under the radio customization where there is a setting to enable the TPMS. There is another setting to enable the instrument TPMS option.

I was able to get the display working in my radio. It would not work in my gauges even though that option is also turned on in the BCM. I'm surprised you got it working in the stock gauges as craigffb stated, you need CVO gauges to get it working there. If you have CVO gauges it should display in the gauges and on the radio.

I suspect they didn't change your radio customization settings.

The following users liked this post:
HOGYLD (03-13-2021)
Old 03-12-2021 | 03:00 PM
Jakehale
Advanced

Originally Posted by HOGYLD
2019 RGS with factor stock Talon Wheels and Boom GTS radio.
I had the dealer install HD part number 32700096 on my bike since I needed new tires. The install with this part number is the same part number used on 2018 CVO Street Glide because it comes with factor stock Talon wheels.

Ok, i think I have asked this question before, but as i read more i get conflicting information. I have a 2018 SGS, i believe i was told that the wheels are the same as the 2018 CVO, which would mean that the sensors in the CVO wheels would fit mine. but later on everyone keeps talking about the 11.mm and 8mm holes in the rims.

that has been the only thing that has been holding me up on this install, i can not get a constant confirmed valve hole size on my 2018 SGS with factory installed rims.

Your story has brought it back to my mind, since you are saying exactly what i had read in another post (about the valve holes being the same).and it sounds like you have confirmed it ??

jake

Old 03-12-2021 | 03:23 PM
Van_HDRider
Cruiser

I also bought TPMS sensors: 32700096. Will
these work on my 2017 Ultra Limited? I already have the GTS Radio.
Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Old 03-13-2021 | 08:54 PM
Neil
Road Captain

With how much HD loves to over charge for their parts it amazes me that they have not come up with a TPMS kit to fie the most basic of wheels. Considering how many people, including me, that want a TPMS setup that will work with the factory display I am dumbfounded that they haven't made one. Talk about a missed opportunity!!

Neil
RDMC

Old 03-14-2021 | 09:56 AM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jakehale
Ok, i think I have asked this question before, but as i read more i get conflicting information. I have a 2018 SGS, i believe i was told that the wheels are the same as the 2018 CVO, which would mean that the sensors in the CVO wheels would fit mine. but later on everyone keeps talking about the 11.mm and 8mm holes in the rims.

that has been the only thing that has been holding me up on this install, i can not get a constant confirmed valve hole size on my 2018 SGS with factory installed rims.

Your story has brought it back to my mind, since you are saying exactly what i had read in another post (about the valve holes being the same).and it sounds like you have confirmed it ??

jake
If you look at the parts diagram available online both your front and rear wheels use a valve stem part# 40999-87 which is 11.3 mm. The HD TPMS sensors 32700052 (chrome) and 32700096 (black) are 8.3 mm. Your wheels may look similar to a 2018 SG CVO and have the same diameters (19 front and 18 rear) but the CVO wheels have 3 different part numbers (for the front alone) depending on the finish, and the stem diameters would be different.

The same applies to a 2017 Ultra Limited for those who asked.

I'm not saying you can't make it work, but the diameters are different.

Old 03-14-2021 | 09:57 AM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jakehale

jake
If you look at the parts diagram available online both your front and rear wheels use a valve stem part# 40999-87 which is 11.3 mm. The HD TPMS sensors 32700052 (chrome) and 32700096 (black) are 8.3 mm. Your wheels may look similar to a 2018 SG CVO and have the same diameters (19 front and 18 rear) but the CVO wheels have 3 different part numbers (for the front alone) depending on the finish, and the stem hole sizes are likely different.

The same applies to a 2017 Ultra Limited for those who asked.

I'm not saying you can't make it work, but the diameters are different.

Old 04-08-2021 | 08:50 PM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ultra 99
I had the sensors installed in my 2019 Road Glide Ultra. There are a few areas that need to be changed in the BCM. One is under the radio customization where there is a setting to enable the TPMS. There is another setting to enable the instrument TPMS option.

I was able to get the display working in my radio. It would not work in my gauges even though that option is also turned on in the BCM. I'm surprised you got it working in the stock gauges as craigffb stated, you need CVO gauges to get it working there. If you have CVO gauges it should display in the gauges and on the radio.

I suspect they didn't change your radio customization settings.
Latest update - I was at the dealer for some work and mentioned that my speedometer was reading low. I asked if there was anything they could do to calibrate it. The tech didn't think there was but he said he would check a few things. Once thing he found was that there was a firmware update to my speedometer so he applied that to see what it might do. It didn't help with the low reading, but it did enable the tire pressures to appear in my odometer window as I cycle through with the odometer button. Previously you needed CVO gauges on the 17-19 models to get the readings in the odometer, but this update did the trick (as long as the proper options on turned on in the BCM). So I now have the TPMS display in the radio and odometer. Also, all of my gauges now function like the 2020 and newer models where the needles cycle all the way around when you first turn the bike on like they're doing a self test.

Old 04-09-2021 | 06:48 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Latest update - I was at the dealer for some work and mentioned that my speedometer was reading low. I asked if there was anything they could do to calibrate it. The tech didn't think there was but he said he would check a few things. Once thing he found was that there was a firmware update to my speedometer so he applied that to see what it might do. It didn't help with the low reading, but it did enable the tire pressures to appear in my odometer window as I cycle through with the odometer button. Previously you needed CVO gauges on the 17-19 models to get the readings in the odometer, but this update did the trick (as long as the proper options on turned on in the BCM). So I now have the TPMS display in the radio and odometer. Also, all of my gauges now function like the 2020 and newer models where the needles cycle all the way around when you first turn the bike on like they're doing a self test.
That HD tech is nuts you most certainly can calibrate the speed. I can do it my self with the Centurion .

Old 04-09-2021 | 08:29 AM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

Originally Posted by smitty901
That HD tech is nuts you most certainly can calibrate the speed. I can do it my self with the Centurion .
I agree. I had earlier reached out to TechnoResearch about using the Centurion to calibrate the speedometer and they also told me that the Digital Technician can do it. Trouble is convincing the tech at the dealer that it can be done. It's like you need to lead them by the hand and show them exactly where to go in the settings to do it. I guess I'll need to figure that out from some techs on here so I can show my local guy.

Old 04-09-2021 | 12:57 PM
Trigger-Man
Novice
Default TPMS Retrofit to a 2015 FLTRUSE

Recently upgraded my 2015 FLTRUSE with the GTS radio, new BCM, TP sensors and the latest Speedo/Tach instrument cluster. While I now wonder if the firmware in my 2015 Speedo/Tach cluster could have been updated to display TPMS information, it most certainly was lacking the LOW tire pressure warning light in the tach instrument. Very pleased with the upgrade! Oddly, a fellow biker, motor1, with the same 2015 FLTRUSE updated his bike identically (except for the instrument cluster) and couldn't get the TP sensors to communicate/display. The only differences in our bikes we're aware of is my bike had a Power Vision tune while his bike had been tuned with another brand.

Quick Reply: Tpms