Milwaukee Eight (M8) 2017 and up M8 Air and Liquid Cooled discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tpms

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2020 | 10:57 AM
YourBro
Stage I

I personally preferred FOBO TPMS, i am using FOBO BIKE but recently they came up with new generation of FOBO BIKE which is named as FOBO BIKE 2.....i am going to grab one for myself soon. You guys can have a look on their website and buy...just key in FOBO in google search and you are there.....i don't prefer to buy from dealers as the service is not that good which i can get it from manufacturer...... smaller senor size, external sensors, bluetooth 5.0, no need calibration after installing the sensor on the bike tire.

Stay safe!

Old 04-17-2020 | 12:04 PM
yzernie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by YourBro
I personally preferred FOBO TPMS, i am using FOBO BIKE but recently they came up with new generation of FOBO BIKE which is named as FOBO BIKE 2.....i am going to grab one for myself soon. You guys can have a look on their website and buy...just key in FOBO in google search and you are there.....i don't prefer to buy from dealers as the service is not that good which i can get it from manufacturer...... smaller senor size, external sensors, bluetooth 5.0, no need calibration after installing the sensor on the bike tire.

Stay safe!
I'm sure the FOBO system is fine but for those of us who don't ride with our phones attached to the bars (or where ever visible) it is a useless system.

The following 2 users liked this post by yzernie:
Hawg Runner (04-18-2020), vhmike73 (06-03-2020)
Old 04-19-2020 | 12:19 AM
ronallen71
Novice
Default TPMS with Agitator Wheels

There is a lot of great information here but I am still not sure of the answer. I have a 2017 FLHXSE with OE Aggressor wheels. The rear contrast chrome wheel was starting to peel and MOCO wouldn't do anything about it. I found a set of NOS Agitator Black Ice wheels and took them to my dealer. They said that the TPMS sensor from my OE wheels will not work, but it looks from the thread that they will. Can anyone give me a definitive answer? I want these wheels installed on the bike and my TPMS, that was working flawlessly, to work as normal.

Old 04-19-2020 | 04:49 PM
yzernie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ronallen71
There is a lot of great information here but I am still not sure of the answer. I have a 2017 FLHXSE with OE Aggressor wheels. The rear contrast chrome wheel was starting to peel and MOCO wouldn't do anything about it. I found a set of NOS Agitator Black Ice wheels and took them to my dealer. They said that the TPMS sensor from my OE wheels will not work, but it looks from the thread that they will. Can anyone give me a definitive answer? I want these wheels installed on the bike and my TPMS, that was working flawlessly, to work as normal.
The thing I have found to be the limiting factor is the diameter of the valve stem hole. If the hole is the same diameter I don't think there should be any issue with them working. The thing I have found when doing my research is the dealers are consistently inconsistent.

Old 04-19-2020 | 10:26 PM
ronallen71
Novice

You are correct on the inconsistency of dealers for sure. My dealer just out regular stems into my Agitators and turned off the TPMS system - not happy with this at all. I am still looking for the parts to make this work so I use the TPMS. The TPMS so need 8.3 mm holes and the Agitators have the 11.3 mm holes

Old 04-20-2020 | 03:56 AM
alexobelix
Advanced

You will have to get adaptors. Look at post #75

Old 04-20-2020 | 12:12 PM
yzernie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by alexobelix
You will have to get adaptors. Look at post #75
Shouldn't need any adapters with CVO Agitator wheels.

Old 04-20-2020 | 01:45 PM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

I've got Agitator wheels with the HD TPMS's and no adapters on my 2019 Road Glide Ultra. No problems in over a year.

Old 04-20-2020 | 02:00 PM
alexobelix
Advanced

Originally Posted by yzernie
Shouldn't need any adapters with CVO Agitator wheels.
It all depends of the hole in the wheel. If the wheel has a 11,3 mm hole an adaptor is needed to fit he TPMS sensor correctly. I just mounted a TPMS sensor in my Enforcer wheel (11,3 mm hole) and used the FOBO Adaptor. It might work without adaptor but I would not do it...

If you look in the part lists the CVO bikes that came with Agitator wheels 2013-2015 didn't have TPMS sensors. But who knows if these lists are correct…?
Maybe they had Agitators for the CVOs with 8.5 mm holes…

I ordered 2 Valve steams (with the adaptors) on their website for approx. 40$ incl. shipment and 3 weeks later I had them on the table… I wouldn't hesitate!

Old 05-18-2020 | 02:44 PM
vhmike73
Road Captain
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by alexobelix
It all depends of the hole in the wheel. If the wheel has a 11,3 mm hole an adaptor is needed to fit he TPMS sensor correctly. I just mounted a TPMS sensor in my Enforcer wheel (11,3 mm hole) and used the FOBO Adaptor. It might work without adaptor but I would not do it...

If you look in the part lists the CVO bikes that came with Agitator wheels 2013-2015 didn't have TPMS sensors. But who knows if these lists are correct…?
Maybe they had Agitators for the CVOs with 8.5 mm holes…

I ordered 2 Valve steams (with the adaptors) on their website for approx. 40$ incl. shipment and 3 weeks later I had them on the table… I wouldn't hesitate!
@alexobelix: What bike/wheels did you use the Harley sensors on? I have a '17 Road Glide Ultra with the stock Impeller wheels: so I'm running with 11.3mm valve stems. I ALSO will have my Fobo T-stems this week, and evidently one can take the adapter grommet and use that with the Harley TPMS sensors. A couple questions for you:

Are you using one of these part numbers: chrome stem, PN: 32700052, or black stem PN: 32700096, or did you fit the TPMS KIT that is listed in the 2020 P&A Catalog (PN: 42300124)? How is the Fobo adapter holding up? Most importantly, did you have a dealer assign and activate the TPMS, or did you find someone with Diag4Bike to get the system working for you? If you had the dealer do it, what exactly did you tell them: I ask, because the dealers around me are rather loathe to do anything that it's MoCo approved- even it is only checking a box in the DT.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by vhmike73; 05-18-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Tpms